First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat with 4,500 miles. I have nicknamed it shake rock and roll.
anyone have suggestions how I ca get a smoother ride. Would better shocks and Michelin tires help.
Sponsored

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
For all it's wiz bang doodads, it's still a truck. If you want smoother, you may want to look into a sedan. Or, God forbid, a Ridgeline. :shock:
It's strange how people keep putting these aftermarket suspensions under them to make them more capable offroad and they end up riding much better. It's almost like Ford got the valving wrong on the stock shocks.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
if you're carrying a load in the bed it rides much more sedately

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
To achieve best in class towing, I suspect Ford might have been a bit aggressive on spring rates and the OEM shocks don't help.

The FX4 shocks seem to help.

The Wife's FX4 needed a road force tire balance to mitigate the shakes, my RWD got a very re-worked driveshaft for it's needs.

Looking to get custom front springs on mine as well to soften the harshness in front.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
It is amazing how poor my 2019 Lariat rides,
I’ve owned Chevy, GMC, and 3 F150’s and this is by far the bounciest ride yet. Being mid size should not equate to poor ride. I love the size and how nimble it is but when friends and family ride with me I almost feel like apologizing for the poor ride.

I replaced the rears with the Fox2.0 and am saving to replace the front next. If that doesn’t help then I’m going to trade back to the F150.
Definitely not a “truck” ride hater but the ride like a boat in the gulf thing has to stop.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
It is amazing how poor my 2019 Lariat rides,
I’ve owned Chevy, GMC, and 3 F150’s and this is by far the bounciest ride yet. Being mid size should not equate to poor ride. I love the size and how nimble it is but when friends and family ride with me I almost feel like apologizing for the poor ride.

I replaced the rears with the Fox2.0 and am saving to replace the front next. If that doesn’t help then I’m going to trade back to the F150.
Definitely not a “truck” ride hater but the ride like a boat in the gulf thing has to stop.
I have the Ford performance Fox 2.0 on all 4 corners on mine, I understand they are very close to the normal Fox 2.0, you will be VERY happy.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
I have the Ford performance Fox 2.0 on all 4 corners on mine, I understand they are very close to the normal Fox 2.0, you will be VERY happy.
Exact same thing here and it made a significant improvement in ride, roll, bounce. Yes, I understand that when you spend $12-1500 to improve a ride, you WANT to believe it will significantly change/improve the ride but I swear, that if somebody, without my knowledge, had been able to take my stock truck and install this kit while I was, lets say at work, and return it before I got out, I would definitely have noticed the difference on the drive home. It was a significant improvement.

shelly0312

First Name
michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2019
Occupation
retired
hummmm, interesting as I just commented to Hubbie as we drove through the state forest lands about the "truck ride" of my 2019 Ranger lariat. Do small independent garages know about these replacements? or does the ford dealer do them? We are surrounded by forest lands and roads so driving them all the time--a little less shake up would be nice.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I went through several different suspension setups, and finally settled on Eibach Pro Truck rear shocks and the matching adjustable coilovers up front. Night and day difference in the ride quality of the truck - no more bouncy, wallowy, unsettled ride. Feels planted, soaks up bumps, loves to go off road.

It's no luxury sedan "floating on a cloud" feel - it is still a body-on-frame truck after all.... but it's much, much better.
Sponsored