2019 Ranger Lariat

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My 2019 Lariat rides more comfortably and competently than my 1998 Mountaineer, which was the same chassis as the previous generation Ranger. So I have no complaints.
Sponsored

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
My 2019 Lariat rides more comfortably and competently than my 1998 Mountaineer, which was the same chassis as the previous generation Ranger. So I have no complaints.
I came from a 2004 Dodge Dakota 4x4. No complaints here with my Lariat FX4.

OP
OP

arhodenizer

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I would take it to a shop that is knowledgeable on suspensions. There is a small shop near me that does front end aligmoments tires etc.
That is where I am going and staying away from the ford dealer except for warranty work

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I would take it to a shop that is knowledgeable on suspensions. There is a small shop near me that does front end aligmoments tires etc.
That is where I am going and staying away from the ford dealer except for warranty work
May want to verify that small shop can align your Ranger. Some reports here of shops not having Ranger data loaded.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
I went through several different suspension setups, and finally settled on Eibach Pro Truck rear shocks and the matching adjustable coilovers up front. Night and day difference in the ride quality of the truck - no more bouncy, wallowy, unsettled ride. Feels planted, soaks up bumps, loves to go off road.

It's no luxury sedan "floating on a cloud" feel - it is still a body-on-frame truck after all.... but it's much, much better.
Did the same to my Lariat FX4. Love it!!

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I thought our 2019 xtl ride was a bit harsh so I dumped a few lbs out of the tires....

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
So what is the general cost for improved rear shocks and installation?

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So what is the general cost for improved rear shocks and installation?
I'm pretty sure you can pick up either the Fox or Eibach rear shocks for around $200. You can pay a shop to install them, but I have no idea what that would run. $100 more? It's literally 4 bolts and takes *maybe* 20 minutes if you drink a beer during the job.

Though honestly, swapping out *only* the rear shocks will not have the biggest impact on the ride. It'll help some, but swapping out the front coilovers made the biggest difference for me. Mine is a Lariat FX4. I started with a 2.5" leveling kit from RC on top of the factory coilovers to level the truck, with Fox 2.0 shocks in the rear. This was a little better, but still pretty wallowy / bouncy. Drove on that for a few months, then swapped the front stock coilover + RC level for the Eibach Pro Truck front adjustable coilovers. That made a HUGE difference. I then swapped out the rear Fox 2.0 shocks for the Eibach Pro Truck shocks to match the front. Love the ride now.

The complete Eibach set of front + rear runs about $1000 for the parts. I DIY'd the install.

Note that swapping the front coilovers is a substantially bigger job than just the rear shocks. The rears are a piece of cake. The front coilovers require a decent set of tools and maybe a friend. If you are not big on DIY, I'd definitely take it somewhere to do the fronts.

Good luck!

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Good quality shocks will change the ride a good amount. Better leaf springs will change it 3x as much as shocks do (for the rear).

Going from fx4 to kings was a great change. After putting my leaf springs on it, it's an entirely different truck.

The stock shocks and leafs are focused on hitting all the ratings numbers they got to top the charts (payload, towing, etc - which they did and that's very valuable to a lot of people and the having things to brag about on the brochure angle is always part of it) not ride or performance, so to expect those same parts to be able to do german car ride and offroad performance as well is unrealistic but changing out some parts if your goals are not towing and payload and you're willing to sacrifice a little of each for huge performance gains, you can make a truly incredible truck.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Good quality shocks will change the ride a good amount. Better leaf springs will change it 3x as much as shocks do (for the rear).

Going from fx4 to kings was a great change. After putting my leaf springs on it, it's an entirely different truck.

The stock shocks and leafs are focused on hitting all the ratings numbers they got to top the charts (payload, towing, etc - which they did and that's very valuable to a lot of people and the having things to brag about on the brochure angle is always part of it) not ride or performance, so to expect those same parts to be able to do german car ride and offroad performance as well is unrealistic but changing out some parts if your goals are not towing and payload and you're willing to sacrifice a little of each for huge performance gains, you can make a truly incredible truck.
So tell us what you got and how much did it run you if you don’t mind. Would love to get a cost analysis of such. Seems worth it over time to do if you’re going to keep the truck forever. Want to burn down the hancook tires then will invest in such upgrades. Thx.

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
So tell us what you got and how much did it run you if you don’t mind. Would love to get a cost analysis of such. Seems worth it over time to do if you’re going to keep the truck forever. Want to burn down the hancook tires then will invest in such upgrades. Thx.
The leafs are my company's, they'll be ready for sale soon. Cost I'm still finalizing but it will be in line with what you'd expect for a performance leaf pack and then additional options will be available as soon as I'm able to reliably get supply - parts availability is a nightmare right now (new stronger shackle - and eventually as a further upgrade a new design of shackle that I'm working on, poly bushings, bump stops, etc that are all on my truck right now for testing).

OP
OP

arhodenizer

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Iam gettin Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around, front end alignment professionally installed for $1500

OP
OP

arhodenizer

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Iam gettin Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around, front end alignment professionally installed for $1500
Suggest you consider Michelin Defender LTX tires as replacement for Hankooks. They have stronger sidewalls which will help with stability.
Sponsored