19 Ranger Sync issues?

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So a friend of mines truck, every time she connects her phone, her sync screen with freeze up, or go all blue, and stay that way till she turns the truck off again. Been to Ford 3 times and they can seems to diagnose it, nor will they change it out till it’s broken. Anyone have any idea for a fix? Doesn’t change how the truck runs at all.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
First, it *does* sound broken. Has she tried a master reset? Maybe update the phone OS? Sounds janky.

Can you try connecting a different phone?

Added: Has she updated to sync 3.4? That can be a process in itself, but hopefully she has a strong wifi signal in her garage or driveway and to do it wirelessly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I know that’s what I said, but apparently not broken enough for Ford to replace it. They have done a master reset, I’ll verify she’s got it updated on both the iOS and the sync.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Never heard of this in particular.

However, my experience with Sync and AA in two different Fords tells me it might be the cable she's using. Try replacing with a high quality USB cable.

This could explain why Ford dealerships are not seeing an issue, they likely aren't using her cable for any diagnostics done.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Never heard of this in particular.

However, my experience with Sync and AA in two different Fords tells me it might be the cable she's using. Try replacing with a high quality USB cable.

This could explain why Ford dealerships are not seeing an issue, they likely aren't using her cable for any diagnostics done.
That was my first thought too. Use a factory cable or get a new one that is

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I know that’s what I said, but apparently not broken enough for Ford to replace it. They have done a master reset, I’ll verify she’s got it updated on both the iOS and the sync.
There's been a lot of issues with Sync 3 and I'm still not sure why Ford didn't go with Sync 4 on the 2021's? I mean you can get it on the base model Bronco but not a Lariat? As far as updating Sync I've never updated mine, still running the original from 2019 but I do use the OEM iPhone cable.

OP
OP

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sweet thanks guys! Appreciate the help!

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Mine did the exact same thing that you are describing including to a 2018 Ford Escape. Dealership was unable to diagnose. The only thing that I could definitively put a cause on was when it was connecting to my home wifi. Turn off the wifi, good to go. Workaround and not a solution but easy.
HTH.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
FORD PASS HAS ALWAY CAUSED SCREEN FREEZE ON MY 2019 SO I HAD TO DO A FACTORY RESET AND NOT CONNECT TO WIFI ..FORD COULDN'T FIX IT AT ALL
NEEDLESS TO SAY, I CANT START OR LOCK UNLOCK THE TRUCK USING FORD PASS
Sponsored