First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Detroit Diesel mechanic
Has anyone else had any issues with their radio showing black screen of death and not being able to change climate controls or work volume (static) or anything? When it does work apple car play lags or crashes, constant usb port shifting to find my device or volume doesn’t work and i have to pull over, shut the truck off and restart to regain function… the other issue is random misfiring at idle sometimes where i pull up to a red light and it sounds cammed.. i shut it off and restart and it goes away.. annoying issue, transmission shifting issues… sometimes i start truck and shift from park and the whole truck jumps with a loud banging noise as trans throws itself into gear hard.. occasionally won’t downshift when getting on freeway and i have to let off the gas and floor it to get it to GO.. last issue is front suspension.. for some reason it’s always feathered the inside of my front tires since new.. every time i go in for an oil change they try to sell me an alignment.. I shouldn’t have to align my front end every 3 months.. I believe the front suspension is way too soft but not sure. 2 sets of tires 4 alignments already.. truck just crested 40k miles so whats the deal? Dealership can’t replicate these issues on command but it’s very annoying..
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Them's a lot of issues, for sure.
Enough to make me want to trade it, if I were experiencing all that.
Good luck!

Reactions: Doc