2021 Ranger, Sync 3, subscription clarity please.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I will say I've tried 3 phones on my truck, an LG v40 and recently an Samsung s10 have worked for extended periods without issue, but an old moto x4 would disconnect after 20 minutes or so, all with the same cable.

Only thing I can think of is somehow AA is crashing on the X4
Yeah, I am starting to blame the phone. Not sure what to do about it.
Sponsored

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
after posting in this thread yesterday, I started having problems with my AA connection. lol. Google Maps worked fine for nav, but attempting to use voice commands resulted in errors, whether I was using AA or just a BT connection to Sync 3.

After doing some diagnostic attempts, I told Sync 3 to forget the phone, reconnected it, and everything worked as it used to. First time for me.

Bdubjax

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4
Occupation
System administrator
I have to replace cables what seems like every 6 months. I'm wiring up a USB port off the fuse box to integrate a wireless charger and am putting a wireless adaptor for Android auto, but, I'm not impressed with the one first tried. I put in an Ottercast based on reviews and I'm sending it back. Buggy as hell even with latest firmware. Random static, random quality issues, random having to repair Bluetooth, and the item I just couldn't deal with, it doesn't transmit song info or Google maps info so that the right lariat 4 inch screen can show info which drives me nuts to see a blank screen.

Does anyone have the Motorola or other devices installed on a Lariat with the two side displays on the sides of the speedo and do they work? Good quality?
Sponsored