Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Those are great numbers! I'm running a stocker and I make Zero to Publix in 14.25.
Publix.jpg
These were 80s Corvette numbers if I remember correctly:giggle:
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
You guys are running in four wheel drive right? If not, why not? 4x4 in straight line won't hurt anything I think...TFLTrucks on Youtube ran 5Star tune in 4x4 to get maximum traction...
My cab is 2wd with locker.
Regards

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
You guys are running in four wheel drive right? If not, why not? 4x4 in straight line won't hurt anything I think...TFLTrucks on Youtube ran 5Star tune in 4x4 to get maximum traction...
Mine is a 2WD. Down here in South Florida there is Zero need for 4WD...lol

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 2WD. Down here in South Florida there is Zero need for 4WD...lol
Unless you go overlanding into the Everglades...or go up against a tuned 4x4 5G Ranger:crackup:

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Normally I can go around the water box and with my off road tires I've not had much in the way of slipping even with traction control off in 2wd. I would be concerned with power loss trying to run all four tires but to be honest I've not tried 4-high at the track. I'm also not doing it seriously though, just for fun.

Reactions: Doc

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Wow..That's impressive! Can't wait to see the results with the stock tires/wheels. I'm so tempted to post this over on Tacoma World because they keep bashing the 2.3 turbo lol
Do it, I’d love to hear their response!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Finally got the truck in the lanes. I am very happy with how this truck is performing and street manners feel like stock until you lay into the throttle. This is PalmBeachDyno tunes and mods are cat back muffler shop exhaust, AFE charge pipes, drop in filter, 1 step colder plugs, and a high pressure fuel pump for E85. This was with the heavy wheel/tire combo that doesn’t hook so low rpm launch. We are going back next week with stock weight wheels/tires that will hook!! Shooting to be in the 12’s. SPD performance is working on getting us a down pipe which will absolutely help with that. One huge piece of data we got was that through the traps the highest intake temps were 120 degrees in south Florida humid heat. So no plans for an intercooler as this stock one performs very well.

8DE36012-AAF1-4F18-AB45-120ABE6ACBCB.jpeg

DF7BEAA0-9D7F-45E4-829C-3CB591C5A3A0.jpeg
Watched your Dyno tune at Palm Beach (YouTube) with the octane boost nice results...
Anyway, I have a test and tune November 8th at South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) in Valdosta ( actually Cecil slightly north of Valdosta)....so we will see how it does (supposed to be 74 degrees) I wish I could avoid the water box, but you have to drive through it. Anyway, stock wheels and tires , (Bridgestones with 26 lbs ) and i will try to hold a good burnout and not hold so much boost on launch.
Regards

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Watched your Dyno tune at Palm Beach (YouTube) with the octane boost nice results...
Anyway, I have a test and tune November 8th at South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) in Valdosta ( actually Cecil slightly north of Valdosta)....so we will see how it does (supposed to be 74 degrees) I wish I could avoid the water box, but you have to drive through it. Anyway, stock wheels and tires , (Bridgestones with 26 lbs ) and i will try to hold a good burnout and not hold so much boost on launch.
Regards
Nice...should have a cool front hitting this week...hopefully. Also should have the stock height/weight nittos so we can get some stickiness. I doubt the down pipe will be here by then...but that should help a lot. The octane tune was awesome but just too costly for me as much as I drive the truck. Filled the tank for about $40 today on E85...lol

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Nice...should have a cool front hitting this week...hopefully. Also should have the stock height/weight nittos so we can get some stickiness. I doubt the down pipe will be here by then...but that should help a lot. The octane tune was awesome but just too costly for me as much as I drive the truck. Filled the tank for about $40 today on E85...lol
I tried some bigger tires with no results, can you give me the specs on those nittos, ( I assume they are drag radials) I can find plenty of drag radials but In my size, I cant find tires that are the same height as my stock tires.
What size are your rims and tire diameter? I have 16” rims..( I also have some 17x9.5s but they are heavy as hell) ....anyway, can’t wait to see your results.
Regards

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I tried some bigger tires with no results, can you give me the specs on those nittos, ( I assume they are drag radials) I can find plenty of drag radials but In my size, I cant find tires that are the same height as my stock tires.
What size are your rims and tire diameter? I have 16” rims..( I also have some 17x9.5s but they are heavy as hell) ....anyway, can’t wait to see your results.
Regards
74A74040-92A6-40B5-B134-C2F34BE6860C.jpeg

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
@Doc Does you tune allow you to build more boost at a stop while on the brake? From my testing in a stock truck if your on the brake and mash the gas it will limit you to around 3psi until you get moving. Just wondering if they can change that in the tune?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@Doc Does you tune allow you to build more boost at a stop while on the brake? From my testing in a stock truck if your on the brake and mash the gas it will limit you to around 3psi until you get moving. Just wondering if they can change that in the tune?
Yes, I can hold it in place and smoke the tires. (Sport Mode with traction control off)
Regards

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Yes, I can hold it in place and smoke the tires. (Sport Mode with traction control off)
Regards
Awesome, good to know. One extra follow up question. If I turn traction control off (Hold the button down for full disable), then say do a bit of a donut I still get a flashing traction control light on my dash. Do you notice this on your truck? Is traction control still somewhat on?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Awesome, good to know. One extra follow up question. If I turn traction control off (Hold the button down for full disable), then say do a bit of a donut I still get a flashing traction control light on my dash. Do you notice this on your truck? Is traction control still somewhat on?
No, I just touch the button and it stays on. If the icon on the dash is on, traction control is off. Flashing may be a warning to make you aware that traction is still off...LOL, don’t do donuts..
Regards
Sponsored