First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Occupation
crew chief
I just purchased a 2020 Ranger XLT upfitted with the Rocky Ridge K2 package. It has 13K miles and is mint.

My lifted truck knowledge is minimal, so I apologize in advance if this is common knowledge or noob questions.

What is the general consensus regarding the lift kit they used? Any known problems or things to keep an eye on? It still has 6 months of bumper to bumper, so I don’t want to put something off.

I hear something popping intermittently in the front end, especially when in 4H and turning. At full lock, low speed, in snow, it felt like it was binding up like old locked diffs. I thought the new Ranger had an open diff up front?

Thanks!
Sponsored

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'm not familiar with that package. Sounds like something the dealer may have done? I'm guessing the lift is just a spacer lift which uses all stock parts. Can you post pictures?

Edit: went and looked it up. Looks like they use a 6" Rough Country lift which is essentially oversized spacers. RC is known more for budget friendly rather than quality. It doesn't mean you're going to have issues though. Your ball joints will likely wear out faster than normal though. With the popping, hard to say. It is an open dif but with the drivetrain angle and brackets that come with a 6" lift, I'm not sure what it could be.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know if the front diff on this truck can handle a 6” lift. Folks often entertain a diff drop starting at 3” on a Ranger. They might have done a diff drop (maybe not) but with such a big lift, I imagine those CV angles might still be pretty steep.

So, yeah, like @Whiplash said…💀

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
rc is not the best but its not the worst. they typically stand behind the stuff if something goes wrong. guess it depends on what all was done by the dealer. maybe they included a list some place of the additional parts? i assume its got warranty as its a dealer done package? my first thought when you said pop sound in 4x4 was cv or axles joints etc. the binding feeling is likely normal in 4x4 turns if they are semi tight turns. the front is open diff but will still have the push against it self feeling in turns . looks like RR has different packages with different parts. so maybe its good quality stuff.
https://www.rockyridgetrucks.com/ford-ranger
Sponsored