Uh Oh... "See Manual" message and shift issues

Smitty908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I was driving on the interstate today, and was speeding up to pass a car, when the truck gave me a message on the dash that said "Pre-Collision Assistance Not Available" and then it said "See Manual" and the check engine "wrench" light came on.

The engine seems to be running ok, its not idling rough or anything, but it is shifting weird now, and seems to be down on power, although not in a "limp" mode.

Any idea on how these two messages / symptoms could be related?

I'm going to pull the code later, but I'm at work right now.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Smitty908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Redland,

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure and check that.

The truck has almost 4K miles on it, and it has the 5Star 93 octane tune.

All that said, I went out just now to disconnect the battery and see if that would clear the message, and I cranked it to make note of my radio presets before I erased it.

No warning or “wrench” showed on the dash. So I got in and drove for about 6 miles. No issues at all. Shifts perfect, feels just like normal.

It’s a real head scratcher. I don’t understand why I would get the collision warning message and how that would affect the way the truck ran/shifted.

I will update if it comes back or if I find a loose connection.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Redland,

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure and check that.

The truck has almost 4K miles on it, and it has the 5Star 93 octane tune.

All that said, I went out just now to disconnect the battery and see if that would clear the message, and I cranked it to make note of my radio presets before I erased it.

No warning or “wrench” showed on the dash. So I got in and drove for about 6 miles. No issues at all. Shifts perfect, feels just like normal.

It’s a real head scratcher. I don’t understand why I would get the collision warning message and how that would affect the way the truck ran/shifted.

I will update if it comes back or if I find a loose connection.
There is data flowing all over the truck and if you have a loose connection in that pipe, all sorts of weird, intermittent and seemingly unrelated things can crop up.

Hopefully you find it. Intermittent issues are the worst to diagnose, but several people have found loose connections which appear to have fixed intermittent issues.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
My pre-collision warning has popped up twice, both times well before a possible contact. I have not had CEL wrench light pop up.

I think it’s a glitch or being overly cautious.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I was driving on the interstate today, and was speeding up to pass a car, when the truck gave me a message on the dash that said "Pre-Collision Assistance Not Available" and then it said "See Manual" and the check engine "wrench" light came on.

The engine seems to be running ok, its not idling rough or anything, but it is shifting weird now, and seems to be down on power, although not in a "limp" mode.

Sounds familiar. Had to leave for out of the country so didnt have time to check the headlight bucket, but service ticket shows they checked all the wires having to do with the errors.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/truck-wouldnt-start-many-codes.4132/#post-61132

dallas121469

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sonographer
My pre collision has alarmed at least four times on me in the first two weeks I've owned it. I think every time it's when I'm accelerating to pass someone. It's unnerving because I keep waiting for it to slam the brakes on and throw me through the windshield.

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
My pre collision has alarmed at least four times on me in the first two weeks I've owned it. I think every time it's when I'm accelerating to pass someone. It's unnerving because I keep waiting for it to slam the brakes on and throw me through the windshield.
This is the sensors doing what they are designed to do. You can adjust the sensitivity of the pre-collision in the driver assist menu using the left steering wheel buttons. I had to set mine to low as I found the factory setting was overly sensitive.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Mine will do that too if I don't put on my signal light.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray

I just got this last nite, only had 7th gear: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/not-again.4252/#post-62883

dallas121469

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sonographer
This is the sensors doing what they are designed to do. You can adjust the sensitivity of the pre-collision in the driver assist menu using the left steering wheel buttons. I had to set mine to low as I found the factory setting was overly sensitive.
I figured there was a way to adjust it or turn it off but just hadn't gotten around to figuring it out yet. Thanks for the info.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
@Smitty908 ...any update? On both your issues and your tune experience?

newmantjn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
If you are setting a wrench light, you should have a code. I would not attempt to clear it yourself, including disconnecting the battery. The stored codes should help the dealer with the diagnostics and you don't want to lose that.
Sponsored