Ranger Keypad

BabyTruck

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Lariat, 501A, FX4, tow, Magnetic Metallic, chrome grill, Truck Cover USA, LineX Bedliner
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a keyless pad since I couldn't get one already installed. It is a battery operated unit that I'm going to see if I can place on the interior of the gas tank flap. I'm hoping it works as well as the one that came on my Explorer.
Sponsored

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
And now it's installed and working in it's new location. And to answer any questions yes it works, the memory held the code, it works from 50 feet away, the outside cover is just cosmetic and it still is protected from dust and water, nothing hits when you close the door (why I left the cover off). Used dental floss and turtle wax paint safe sticky remover. Best $85 I ever spent ha

IMG_20190517_210456.jpg
I moved mine to the cover, and my keypad base is white... Did you paint the keypad base black? I did put my cover back on and the fuel door does shut.

BabyTruck

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Lariat, 501A, FX4, tow, Magnetic Metallic, chrome grill, Truck Cover USA, LineX Bedliner
Occupation
Retired
I moved mine to the cover, and my keypad base is white... Did you paint the keypad base black? I did put my cover back on and the fuel door does shut.
That looks great!! My keypad is black, but I haven't taken it apart yet to see what color it is. I am going to use your idea and put it on the gas tank flap. Hope it works!

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I did not paint, post a pic of your white keypad please, I am interested to see

Good to know it will shut with the cover

BabyTruck

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I took my cover off. Underneath it's black except for the white rubber for the light. Is it preprogrammed for my truck or do I have to program it? I bought it from Ford.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I took my cover off. Underneath it's black except for the white rubber for the light. Is it preprogrammed for my truck or do I have to program it? I bought it from Ford.
It's preprogramed, you can add another set of number on top of the Ford's. When I tried to program my 2nd person number, it won't let me.. I was thinking maybe the dealer did it for themselves, and I removed it and then I was able to add mine.

BabyTruck

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Interesting it is white lol

I moved the sticker
OK, I'm a dork! I have a Lariat with push button start, and ordered the part ending with a "B." I can't seem to get the unit to work! How many times do I have to cycle the on/off, and which do I end with-on or off?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
OK, I'm a dork! I have a Lariat with push button start, and ordered the part ending with a "B." I can't seem to get the unit to work! How many times do I have to cycle the on/off, and which do I end with-on or off?
If you bought it from Ford you will need to go to dealer to have it programmed. Im sure someone here who has had it done will chime in. Good luck

1medic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
If you bought it from Ford you will need to go to dealer to have it programmed. Im sure someone here who has had it done will chime in. Good luck
Yes, correct. The only way to get these keypads mated to your rig is to go to the dealer. It's a simple 5 minute procedure to get it programmed. The part that takes the longest is inputting the 48 digit hex code and figuring out where you want to stick it.
As for the battery drain issue, hopefully it was a bad batch. My keypad has a mfg date of 08/28/19.
If your getting them off the Ford Accessories web-sight add the $14 installation. The listed dealer you select has to honor it.

395Runner

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic FX4 Lariat, 350whp 2006 WRX Wagon
Wait, just to confirm-

The factory-installed keypad is just mounted with a sticker I can get off with a heat gun?

The stock location looks pretty bad I'd love to move it somewhere else.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Wait, just to confirm-

The factory-installed keypad is just mounted with a sticker I can get off with a heat gun?

The stock location looks pretty bad I'd love to move it somewhere else.
Yes, it's stick on.. I carefully pulled mine off, and moved it to the gas cover. Then I cleaned up the sticky that was left behind from removing it.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I ordered one of these with my Ford Rewards points for $100. However, once it arrived the dealership quoted me $149 to program it, even though the website showed $9 to install. I'm pretty pissed.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I ordered one of these with my Ford Rewards points for $100. However, once it arrived the dealership quoted me $149 to program it, even though the website showed $9 to install. I'm pretty pissed.
check in the thread, I think it's possible to just order the install on the web and take that paperwork to the dealer. they probably won't be happy, but that's life.
Sponsored