First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
OK, so this is really strange behavior and I notice it because I frequently use my keypad. If this has been discussed, my apologies. I did a search but could not find it.

Let's say for example that my code is 1-5-9-3-7. MOST of the time, when I press the "7" at the end, the doors all unlock, usually immediately, sometimes with a very brief pause. (Yes, I know the keypad is not hardwired into the system, that it is using wireless transmission of the code to the vehicle.) Occasionally, pushing the "7" doesn't unlock the door. So I wait. Still nothing after several seconds. Here's where it gets weird. I go back to pressing the entire code again, but as soon as I press the "1" to start, ALL the doors unlock! I've even tried pressing the "7" several times in a row, thinking that the last number didn't get pressed hard enough to register. It doesn't help, but even after pressing all those incorrect 7's, as soon as I press the "1", the doors unlock!!!

My mathematical/programming brain can't wrap itself around this as it defies logic. Anyone heard of anything like this?
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Did you try replacing the battery?

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Did you try replacing the battery?
That I have not. I did find a thread about a bad bunch of batteries but that looked like it was in the 2019 model. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
That I have not. I did find a thread about a bad bunch of batteries but that looked like it was in the 2019 model. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
I removed my keypad and stuck it to a workbench. yet in less than three months the battery was dead. and I don't use it, yet when I decided to mess with it, it wouldnt work. replaced the battery, (a 2032 I believe) and it works like it should.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I removed my keypad and stuck it to a workbench. yet in less than three months the battery was dead. and I don't use it, yet when I decided to mess with it, it wouldnt work. replaced the battery, (a 2032 I believe) and it works like it should.
I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Thanks!
Sponsored