Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Very cool Brad,

How do you like those TOUGHBUILT saw horses? I love mine and I see you’re using one of their features properly. ?
dude they are amazing! I absolutely love them! Totally worth the money and it’s really not much more than the crappy ones!
Sponsored

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
- What're you doing about gears?

- Is LRA going to start importing tanks for the Ranger?

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Following. I am absolutely in love with Aussie style touring setups, but they are so expensive here. Really interested to see how it comes out and what your final cost looks like. I watch a ridiculous amount of 4WD 247 and have fallen in love with touring down under.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
- What're you doing about gears?

- Is LRA going to start importing tanks for the Ranger?
no one makes gears for the Ranger yet. So no one is doing anything. I’ll give it sometime but I’ve thought about swapping the front out with a Sasquatch Bronco to get something different. But for now I’ll be sticking with 3.73s.

LRA is but they are having some redesigns on the tank and it is taking some time to do it.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Following. I am absolutely in love with Aussie style touring setups, but they are so expensive here. Really interested to see how it comes out and what your final cost looks like. I watch a ridiculous amount of 4WD 247 and have fallen in love with touring down under.
Yes they are high as camel cock dude. I got quoted just a tray with the drawer and storage with a discount and it’s still $10k. Normally it would have been $16k

Just in steel, for the tray I’ve got around $700. I’m sure I’ll need a couple more little pieces.

I’ll share the full priced out build list.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
okay so the tray was test fitted once I got everything tacked up and still super square. When I drew it the width matched the width of the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts bedsides. Mentally I thought it would look good, visually it’s a damn dump truck haha. So the tray is getting

08236F95-75BA-45EE-9E09-27C3FB6B95F0.jpeg

AF357EB2-AE80-4730-94BC-F37A9523AD15.jpeg

As you can see it’s just way too wide. I don’t want it the same width as the cab but I don’t want it 6” wider on each side kind of wide.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
DE17D1D7-5FDA-4218-AEF3-75D1A894E9F6.jpeg

I had to send a selfie to the girlfriend while I was losing my mind narrowing the tray.

It’s narrowed 4” and getting it back square seemed like a fairly simple task. Well I wanted to just quit that day. Finally got it back and it’s still less than a 1/16” so it’s good to go!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
okay so the tray was test fitted once I got everything tacked up and still super square. When I drew it the width matched the width of the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts bedsides. Mentally I thought it would look good, visually it’s a damn dump truck haha. So the tray is getting

08236F95-75BA-45EE-9E09-27C3FB6B95F0.jpeg

AF357EB2-AE80-4730-94BC-F37A9523AD15.jpeg

As you can see it’s just way too wide. I don’t want it the same width as the cab but I don’t want it 6” wider on each side kind of wide.
I agree. Too wide

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Thinking ahead here a little. You may be able to shop for Jeep Wrangler rear metal fenders to incorporate into your project design. There are quite a few out there and they all have different shapes and profiles to find what you like.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
What is setting that height off the frame? It looks really tall.
its 10” from the frame. To clear the trundle drawer and also have room for suspension travel it should be around that height. If it’s too tall after it’s all said and done I’ll redraw the mounts andswap them out. I just don’t want to flex the truck and eat all the fenders up. It’s approximately 8” from the bottom of the tray to the top of the 35s. These are 35s in the picture. 37s aren’t on yet.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Thinking ahead here a little. You may be able to shop for Jeep Wrangler rear metal fenders to incorporate into your project design. There are quite a few out there and they all have different shapes and profiles to find what you like.
I’m going to make my fenders and it will flow with matching angles to the rear storage.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
its 10” from the frame. To clear the trundle drawer and also have room for suspension travel it should be around that height. If it’s too tall after it’s all said and done I’ll redraw the mounts andswap them out. I just don’t want to flex the truck and eat all the fenders up. It’s approximately 8” from the bottom of the tray to the top of the 35s. These are 35s in the picture. 37s aren’t on yet.
Got it! I was imagining the reverse.

Ignore my crude design but I was picturing the fender height would be set so the plate of the deck could be on the frame. Then the drawer system could go on the deck. Fender boxes between the cab and the fenders.
Squid.JPG
Sponsored