Leveling kit help.

Mtnrun

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Trying to decide which kit I want. Not really looking to change tire or wheel size. 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat with the 17 inch sport rims. Will the bds 2 inch kit change the stance enough without jpsizing tires. Thoughts?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Trying to decide which kit I want. Not really looking to change tire or wheel size. 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat with the 17 inch sport rims. Will the bds 2 inch kit change the stance enough without jpsizing tires. Thoughts?
You don't have to change the tires size to get a level kit. Here's a picture right after I had mine done,it's an RC 2.5" level on the stock Hankook 265/65/17's and sport wheels. I did change out my tires but only because I wanted a more beefier tire for off roading.

IMG_1400.jpg

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a flick of my Ranger with the 21/2 inch level kit , it brings the front up to within 1 inch to 3/4 of the tire to bottom of the fender flair. My tires are 245/70/17s there diameter is supposed to be 30.8 inches. Here is another front shot.
As said by AZ , you do not have to upsize your tires to get the look of beefier truck just the level kit is enough my tires are an mud terrain big horn load range D instead of a P or C range that gives the Ranger heavier tire for off and on road travel and only adds 48 lbs to the weight above what the 255/65/17 standard tire.
Les Schwab Tires did my Fabtech 21/2 inch kit for me with a wheel alignment for 374.00 and it handles great and rides great as well along with a great look; in my opinion anyway.

Do whatever looks good to you and puts a smile on your face

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg

1028190843a.jpg

Last edited:

801Ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4-Race Red
Here is a flick of my Ranger with the 21/2 inch level kit , it brings the front up to within 1 inch to 3/4 of the tire to bottom of the fender flair. My tires are 245/70/17s there diameter is supposed to be 30.8 inches. Here is another front shot.
As said by AZ , you do not have to upsize your tires to get the look of beefier truck just the level kit is enough my tires are an mud terrain big horn load range D instead of a P or C range that gives the Ranger heavier tire for off and on road travel and only adds 48 lbs to the weight above what the 255/65/17 standard tire.
Les Schwab Tires did my Fabtech 21/2 inch kit for me with a wheel alignment for 374.00 and it handles great and rides great as well along with a great look; in my opinion anyway.

Do whatever looks good to you and puts a smile on your face

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg

1028190843a.jpg
Did the $374 from Les Schwab include the kit itself in addition to the labor and alignment? If so, that's a really good deal!

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I have a rough country 2.5 inch level kit I am waiting to install. But shouldn’t need to change wheels or tires for it unless you want. Just make sure you get the alignment don’t within the specs RC gives you

801Ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that's a great deal. And do installers usually adjust the headlights as well? This is all new to me. Just wondering what's normal procedure.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow, that's a great deal. And do installers usually adjust the headlights as well? This is all new to me. Just wondering what's normal procedure.
See if you have a Brakes Plus near you. I had mine done there for $273.50 which included the alignment. A friend of mine who's a Jeep guy has had a lot of work done at the one near me and also the manager there was big into off roading.

They didn't adjust the headlight but it's easy to do. Just make a mark with tape before getting it done, then adjust it when you get home. Here's a link on how to adjust them.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fyi-headlight-adjustment-after-lift.2874/

801Ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See if you have a Brakes Plus near you. I had mine done there for $273.50 which included the alignment. A friend of mine who's a Jeep guy has had a lot of work done at the one near me and also the manager there was big into off roading.

They didn't adjust the headlight but it's easy to do. Just make a mark with tape before getting it done, then adjust it when you get home. Here's a link on how to adjust them.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fyi-headlight-adjustment-after-lift.2874/
Thanks for the information, that’s extremely helpful. I’ll look for a Brakes Plus, not sure if we have those in Utah or not. Thanks for the headlight video tip. Good stuff ??

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
I did the install myself. Getting someone to do it for you is money well spent! Trust me on this.
Sponsored