Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Hmmmm I wonder do we just get one free update or I’m assuming these release in January?

any idea if we get yearly for a few years or once?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm just glad Ford offers this for free. With my Tacoma you had to pay $99.00 if you wanted to upgrade your maps,the only convenience was you just popped in a micro sd card to update it.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for notification Josh. Headed to Mx this Friday and curious to see how the maps work south of the border.

This is a very large file. 10.9GB zipped. By comparison a W10 packed image is 3-5 GB's. Unless you have a high speed connection AND are comfortable with unzipping, formatting, copying and pasting or are easily frustrated, don't start this.

This is not a file for OTA updates...maybe with 5G.

If you really want the update then $40 is not unreasonable for a USB stick and files to be sent to you. As best I can tell it is specific to your vehicle due to the ESN and license agreement. There are fine print notices in the TWO guidance documents.

I'm currently at the 1hr mark and it is still installing.

If I weren't travelling later this week I would wait to start the process until I had a 2 hour drive somewhere. As it is I have the truck running, half out of the garage.
I didn't wanna scare anyone off but yeah, don't start this unless your able to let your truck sit there idling, or go for a drive for at max 2 hours. Looking at the time stamp of the picture I took when I started, it seems it was about 1h40m to complete. Did you get yours completed okay?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, tried both just in case. Maybe cause it was up to date? dunno.
I wonder if it would still give an error about the ESN being invalid in that case.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't wanna scare anyone off but yeah, don't start this unless your able to let your truck sit there idling, or go for a drive for at max 2 hours. Looking at the time stamp of the picture I took when I started, it seems it was about 1h40m to complete. Did you get yours completed okay?
lol the long wait is what's stopping me from updating it.. I did download it and put it on a USB stick for when I actually do take a drive around the island but I feel having it idle for an hour and a half is a bit much.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can't ya turn the power on to the truck, like accessories or hit the button without the brakes? Having to go for a ride or idle sounds nuts. Does it let you use navigation while its updating? I'm guessing not...
I don't ever recall taking that long in my Fusion Titanium....

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it would still give an error about the ESN being invalid in that case.
Just so we are on the same page. Website gave the error. Said ESN was wrong... It did come up with an error screen with I believe an 800 number but at that point, said heck with it.:crazy:

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I'm not even going to tell Y'all what it took to get my computer up and running again after trying to download this.
Went back today and bit the bullet and ordered the $40 memory stick...

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
Yes, it took almost the exact same time as yours. No problems. Were you able to load on the focus? I assumed the license key was assigned to the ESN of sync 3 and not multi-use.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it took almost the exact same time as yours. No problems. Were you able to load on the focus? I assumed the license key was assigned to the ESN of sync 3 and not multi-use.
The Focus was already updated to 118, but not by traditional means :D

washbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Saber, 501A, Trailer Tow Package, Sport Appearance Package, FX4 Package, Electronic Locking Diff, Spray in bed liner & Tinted Windows
Occupation
Retired
I downloaded the map file, but unable to open it. I received the following error message "Unable to expand Sync32.zip into Downloads". (Error 79 - Inappropriate file type or format.). I'm using a Mac, so MacOS. Followed the instructions per Ford Sync3 Download Digital Instructions for MacOS. Downloaded the file twice, thinking perhaps the first time it may have been corrupted. My Sync32.zip file is 11.68GB as it shows on instructions. Curious if anyone has experienced this issue.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Mine was already 118

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I downloaded the map file, but unable to open it. I received the following error message "Unable to expand Sync32.zip into Downloads". (Error 79 - Inappropriate file type or format.). I'm using a Mac, so MacOS. Followed the instructions per Ford Sync3 Download Digital Instructions for MacOS. Downloaded the file twice, thinking perhaps the first time it may have been corrupted. My Sync32.zip file is 11.68GB as it shows on instructions. Curious if anyone has experienced this issue.
I'm not a MacOS person but is there different unzip program you can use? file size and naming convention sound correct.
Sponsored