Ford Ranger Christmas Ornament Bar Catches My First Grinch!

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Ref DIY Project: DIY Door Ding Protector with Payback

I just parked my vehicle in a Walmart parking lot, the other day, and found forensic evidence that points to paint chip(s) on many of the blunt, chrome, acorn nuts on my Ranger's running boards.The Grinch or careless door dinger motorist must have had "unsupervised" passengers to cause this severe paint chip damage to "their" vehicle.:devil: The color, of the paint chip(s), were black and rusty - must have been a very old Junker. I feel sorry for the body shop repairmen because they won't be making any money from me. ;)

Ranger Door Ding Prevention Score: Ranger 1 - Other careless door dinger vehicle 0

Picture #1 - Close up of paint chip evidence.

BTW... It is very funny to see people with 20/20 eyesight trying to make a decision to avoid parking beside my Ranger.:LOL:

Paint_Chip_1.JPG

One_inch_out_2.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Until a bigger truck parks next to you and opens their doors a bit too harsh... ;)

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Until a bigger truck parks next to you and opens their doors a bit too harsh... ;)
True, but bigger truck owners pay more for their vehicles and by this reason I believe they are more careful than car owners.;) Since you have a Lariat then I would also believe that you would be careful not to ding your truck.;)

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, yeah I do look out when parking, not so much because it is a Lariat, but because it's still pretty new. I tend to go for end stalls, or stalls that are a bit wider, and try to stand to newer vehicles rather than older ones, as the owners are usually more careful. Once my truck gets older and starts showing it's wear, I probably will be less careful about it, same as I was/am with my other car :)

CoMtnRanger

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger STX Supercab 4X4, 3" lift
Occupation
Engineer
Ref DIY Project: DIY Door Ding Protector with Payback

I just parked my vehicle in a Walmart parking lot, the other day, and found forensic evidence that points to paint chip(s) on many of the blunt, chrome, acorn nuts on my Ranger's running boards.The Grinch or careless door dinger motorist must have had "unsupervised" passengers to cause this severe paint chip damage to "their" vehicle.:devil: The color, of the paint chip(s), were black and rusty - must have been a very old Junker. I feel sorry for the body shop repairmen because they won't be making any money from me. ;)

Ranger Door Ding Prevention Score: Ranger 1 - Other careless door dinger vehicle 0

Picture #1 - Close up of paint chip evidence.

BTW... It is very funny to see people with 20/20 eyesight trying to make a decision to avoid parking beside my Ranger.:LOL:

Paint_Chip_1.JPG

I freakin' love this - laughed out loud when I saw the second pic. Where did you get this "inconsiderate parker door check device"?!

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Biggest reason I got the sideboards, keeps doors away from my paint.

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I freakin' love this - laughed out loud when I saw the second pic. Where did you get this "inconsiderate parker door check device"?!
Check the DIY "locked" topic below. As for inconsiderate - yes it was designed for inconsiderate motorist door dingers;)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Check the DIY "locked" topic below. As for inconsiderate - yes it was designed for inconsiderate motorist door dingers;)
LMAO. Did the same thing on my Harley's... Got tired of inconsiderate pukes leaning on my bikes. Also work good on the shoulders of your leather biker jacket. Nobody grabbed me from behind on my shoulders... :)
Sponsored