Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
In her defense it was January and the first Ranger on the lot and I bought it the day after delivery, so there wasn't much time to study it unless you were reading here like me:like:
I see that as the problem right there...it is literally their job to study it or be trained properly and few of them are.
Sponsored

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
When the "tech" girl told me the "trail control" button was "hill decent" I just nodded and smiled, she seemed a bit befuddled by some other things, but she was cute so it was ok:).

In her defense it was January and the first Ranger on the lot and I bought it the day after delivery, so there wasn't much time to study it unless you were reading here like me:like:
You can use trail control for hill descent...just like for any other type of terrain.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
When the "tech" girl told me the "trail control" button was "hill decent" I just nodded and smiled, she seemed a bit befuddled by some other things, but she was cute so it was ok:).

It's fine, she probably makes a crapload of sales off of her "cute factor" alone...

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
If you’re sitting in your truck with the engine off listening to the radio while the wife is shopping you’ll notice the radio eventually shuts off.

Holding the vol/on button in will turn the radio back on.

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
If you're using Android Auto or Apple Car play tapping the speech button on the steering wheel will invoke the assistant (Google Assistant if you are using Android Auto or Siri if you are using Apple Car Play). From there you can use all of the voice recognition to call, text, read your last message without picking up your device.
25-2.jpg

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Also found if you have remote start on your vehicle if you attempt to remote start with your keyfob there is a small light on the top. When you attempt the remote start it will light up green if that remote start was successful or red if it was unsuccessful.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
If you're using Android Auto or Apple Car play tapping the speech button on the steering wheel will invoke the assistant (Google Assistant if you are using Android Auto or Siri if you are using Apple Car Play). From there you can use all of the voice recognition to call, text, read your last message without picking up your device.
25-2.jpg
For Android Auto, you have to make sure you get google assistant from the play store for this to work ... took me a while to figure that out as you get some message about a notification that wasn't making sense.

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
For Android Auto, you have to make sure you get google assistant from the play store for this to work ... took me a while to figure that out as you get some message about a notification that wasn't making sense.
Yep, sorry this is assuming you've already set up everything on your mobile device.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've been using the FordPass app to start my truck and I've noticed when I get in the AC appears to be on, once you press start it will go to your last settings. AC is on even if you didn't leave it on.

Protomeister

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - black/ebony with BAP
... I've noticed when I get in the AC appears to be on, once you press start it will go to your last settings. AC is on even if you didn't leave it on.
It's actually for either remote start scenario (fob or app). There's a setting you can change to choose whether the climate control automatically picks controls while in remote start vs. uses your last configuration when you turned off the truck.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It's actually for either remote start scenario (fob or app). There's a setting you can change to choose whether the climate control automatically picks controls while in remote start vs. uses your last configuration when you turned off the truck.
Where?

Art S

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using the FordPass app to start my truck and I've noticed when I get in the AC appears to be on, once you press start it will go to your last settings. AC is on even if you didn't leave it on.
When you use the remote start, it will do whatever it takes to get the interior to around 70 degrees. So if it's 90 degrees out the AC will come on. If it's 50 degrees out the heater will come on.
Sponsored