New rival incoming: 2024 Tacoma Hybrid and Turbo 4 Cylinder models (no more V6)

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it’ll have the giant front grille like the tundra. I’m sure it’ll sell well.
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Looks like it’ll have the giant front grille like the tundra. I’m sure it’ll sell well.
Considering that the current Tacoma manages to somehow rank in the top 10 selling vehicles in the US market, I'd expect it should sell extremely well with new drivetrain, 4 wheel disc brakes and improved suspension. Maybe Yota will even get around to updating the 4Runner by decade's end, they did the Sequoia this year.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2016 so I was only participating in that section. Maybe the first and second Gen areas of TC were more civil than the third Gen? I ordered mine in 2015 and was active up until a little after I took delivery of it and never went back. Well that is until the Ranger came out and I heard they were roasting it and I had to check out those posts. :inspect:
th third gen section of tw has always been a cluster f**k area lol for some reason they just seem to be a bit more on the eat glue side of things unlike the 1st and 2nd gen side of things lol never could fully figure out why but thats how it was lol

i remember a couple but it was pretty rare if i remember correctly but after awhile i stopped venturing out i stayed in 3 spots really the old sos crew thread my local thread and the motorcycle thread i use to branch out and talk to everyone and have well over 16k msgs on that forum buuut got tired of it lol

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Considering that the current Tacoma manages to somehow rank in the top 10 selling vehicles in the US market, I'd expect it should sell extremely well with new drivetrain, 4 wheel disc brakes and improved suspension. Maybe Yota will even get around to updating the 4Runner by decade's end, they did the Sequoia this year.
woah woah now 1 vehicle per decade! we will get back to you in another decade about the runner lol

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
The only way that the new 2024 Ford Ranger will outsell the new 2024 Tacoma...the best resale vehicle ever to my knowledge... Is to have exclusive the Ranger McDonalds App pre installed and be able to order Big Mac meals at will via Alexa.... then you got an advantage that may translate into who f'n cares about a damper or coil springs.... We'll see who has the best resale value the next decade...

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The only way that the new 2024 Ford Ranger will outsell the new 2024 Tacoma...the best resale vehicle ever to my knowledge... Is to have exclusive the Ranger McDonalds App pre installed and be able to order Big Mac meals at will via Alexa.... then you got an advantage that may translate into who f'n cares about a damper or coil springs.... We'll see who has the best resale value the next decade...
could it be changed to a different place instead of McDonalds lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
could it be changed to a different place instead of McDonalds lol
No kidding! I don't think I've eaten there in 25+ years. :puke:?

Heck I might even have to consider a Tacoma if this were to happen. o_O

:whew:Ok, sorry, I lost my mind for a few seconds. I'd rather eat McDonald food than drive a Tacoma..... Heads to the bathroom to wash my mouth out with soap for even mentioning this!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

:whew:Ok, sorry, I lost my mind for a few seconds. I'd rather eat McDonald food than drive a Tacoma..... Heads to the bathroom to wash my mouth out with soap for even mentioning this!
You know that you really want a McRib now, right?

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

lmao the last time i had mcdonalds was like a month ago and it had been months! since i had been to the place and i forgot how crappy the place tasted like damn!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
lmao the last time i had mcdonalds was like a month ago and it had been months! since i had been to the place and i forgot how crappy the place tasted like damn!
Dr's should send all their patients there right before having a colonoscopy. It's probably better than the RX cleans they give you. :oops:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I meant that the Taco fanboys always defended the rear drum brakes. Tacoma World was really one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I get every one has a few fanboys but this place was loaded with them. If you said one thing negative or questioned why the powertrain was so bad you'd have half the site jumping down on you. I just think it's funny because everything they laughed about on the Ranger they're now going to have. :wink:
Remember Chevy and what they said about aluminum....
Sponsored