Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Added a spray liner and hard cover to mine. Here’s a before and after.
18BF5A78-7F02-4B2E-A4D2-C8580FC639D7.jpeg
30657395-C361-4261-8E1E-562322D160FE.jpeg
Sh!t! I thought I was Mr. Fancy Pants with my cover and BedRug! That's a really, really nice cover! (plus it has double dampers, what's not to like!). =D

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Heck, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'll wait until mine gets damaged, then the glass shop will come to my house to do the replacement, no deductible. If there is a warranty issue, I'll let'em take it up with Ford. :)
You do realize the recall is for a safety issue? If the windshield is not retained properly and pops out in an accident, the airbags will not protect the front seat passengers properly. It has nothing to do with cracked/damaged windshields. Not something you want to find out at the wrong time.

TheHyper1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4
Occupation
Data Analyist
Sh!t! I thought I was Mr. Fancy Pants with my cover and BedRug! That's a really, really nice cover! (plus it has double dampers, what's not to like!). =D
Thanks! I like it so far. Only issue - which is probably common to many covers - is that you have to open the cover before opening the tailgate.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Thanks! I like it so far. Only issue - which is probably common to many covers - is that you have to open the cover before opening the tailgate.
Hmm, I could see that being a nuisance, but you get such good security from it. I can open and close the tail gate with the Bak Revolver, but it can be opened with a crowbar. Granted, you'd have to pull on it pretty hard, but it's just a couple of nylon tabs that secure the very back.

I'd love to see a pic or two with it down, I bet it's really sharp looking.

SD4160

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
There are two large rubber grommet/glands on the firewall - one on each side of the truck - passenger and driver side. In my experience, the passenger side is the easiest to access. Use a wire insertion tool to pierce it from inside the truck, leave the tool inserted in the grommet, feed the wires through the tool into the cab of the truck, and then pull the tool out - and wha-la! Your now wired into the cab without drilling holes and risking screwing up something important in the truck.
https://a.co/d/00LFBWM
61L1psjFazL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ETA: Opps. Just saw where you completed this project. Good result!
Haha no worries. I definitely want to get one of those... turns out a chopped up wire hanger, pair of long needle nose and some electrical tape will work in a pinch... certainly not as elegant, but all anyone gets to see is the end result lol. Thanks for the tip.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
So after dropping off the Ranger for the HVAC air box replacement last Weds. I picked it up and brought it home last Fri. without the work being done or getting a loaner. I returned the truck to the dealer today and they finally set me up with a loaner. Dealer said loaner approval needs to be verified with Ford Corporate even though this is a warranty job. I'm not sure what the truth is but I should have the Ranger back Fri. or next Tues. At least I have transportation in the mean time. Whew:whew:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So after dropping off the Ranger for the HVAC air box replacement last Weds. I picked it up and brought it home last Fri. without the work being done or getting a loaner. I returned the truck to the dealer today and they finally set me up with a loaner. Dealer said loaner approval needs to be verified with Ford Corporate even though this is a warranty job. I'm not sure what the truth is but I should have the Ranger back Fri. or next Tues. At least I have transportation in the mean time. Whew:whew:
They are exactly right. Ford corporate is the administrator of the warranty and they are paying for the loaner, so it goes through their bean counters.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Added a spray liner and hard cover to mine. Here’s a before and after.
18BF5A78-7F02-4B2E-A4D2-C8580FC639D7.jpeg
30657395-C361-4261-8E1E-562322D160FE.jpeg
Like the looks and security but watching people trying to haul things higher than the bed rails convinced me not to do the hard cover.

TheHyper1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyist
Hmm, I could see that being a nuisance, but you get such good security from it. I can open and close the tail gate with the Bak Revolver, but it can be opened with a crowbar. Granted, you'd have to pull on it pretty hard, but it's just a couple of nylon tabs that secure the very back.

I'd love to see a pic or two with it down, I bet it's really sharp looking.
Here you go....

IMG_7124.jpg
IMG_7125.jpg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Order engine cover,studs,and the nuts. I didn't realize I bought a kit car. Bedliner, nose guard, trailer brake controller and now the engine cover. Like the old Johny Cash song - Got it one piece at a time - but it's costing more than a dime.

TheHyper1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyist
Like the looks and security but watching people trying to haul things higher than the bed rails convinced me not to do the hard cover.
Yeah, I hear you on that. Before this Ranger, I had a SportTrac - so I'm used to the hard cover and had even grown dependent on it for the extra dry space. This one is definitely lighter and comes off easier than that one on the SportTrac. So when I need to haul tall things, I can just remove it and hang it on the wall in the garage. The one thing I might miss is the fold-back which allowed half the bed to be exposed without removing the cover. Only time will tell. :cool: