Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Yeah, but it's not legit.
Why not just pay the parking fee and not worry about getting caught?
This is the same person that'll grow up to cheat on his/her taxes...or spouse perhaps.
I try to live a life of integrity but I can tell you after helping my 4 gets get 4 year degrees they are constantly looking for ways to stick it to you. $400 a year to park in a dorm you're paying $10 grand a year to live in? That's total BS. You should get parking included with rent. When my youngest enrolled in school freshmen had to live on campus. By the time they graduated it was changed to freshmen an sophomores had to live on campus because they build additional dorms an rooms were going unused. Unused rooms don't generate any income so lets stick it to the students (and their parents helping pay for it).

I don't like people that game the system....being in a union for 25 years I saw enough of it to make me sick, but that parking trick looked pretty harmless to me.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Okay, since we're making confessions, I'll admit that I once parked in the "reserved for expecting mothers" spot at the grocery store. ?
I thought you looked familiar! :eek:

Pregnant Man.jpg

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I would do it in a second but I would never use a handicap spot not matter what. Heck I don't even use the veteran spots because I see some old vets use it and I would fell bad hopping out and jogging into a store.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
a couple places near me have those compact car only and lev only parks. I put the 4g ranger in those all the time lol. gets a few dirty looks. however it is a compact pickup and according to ford it is a ulev 2 or whatever lol.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
But, I would never park in a handicap space…just so ya’ll know! :)
Tracy, I could be sitting in a parking lot right beside a handicapped slot in my big ol' black/white cruiser, and people would park in a handicapped spot w/o a placard. Most of the time the excuse was "I'll only be there for a few minutes". I always told them that was good, because it only took me a few minutes to write them a ticket. Some people, right........................

Last edited:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
So the other day I asked our maintenance director when are we getting charging stations at the company seeing we’re 850+ employees now… Being in Massachusetts, I mean Taxahusetts they’re probably leaning on you already to do it right?

His reply was, we got quotes from 3 electricians and with the rebate from state added in for 2 charge ports it will cost the company 78K to install them. We’re going to pass on that right now. If you need one a mile away is the Tesla public charge stations. Best I can do! ?
This is why the ICE will not go away any time soon.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
I saw a pic on line where a college kid put a fake plug cover on his jeep. The school charged like $100 a quarter for parking but plug in ev's and hybrids were free. It's a plastic box stuck on the fender like all jeep accessories so it looks legit.
Saw that as well. Pretty sure it was a Jalopnic post.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Tracy, I could be sitting in a parking lot right beside a handicapped slot in my big ol' black/white cruiser, and people would park in a handicapped spot w/o a placard. Most of the time the excuse was "I'll only be there for a few minutes". I always told them that was good, because it only took me a few minutes to right them a ticket. Some people, right........................
Yeah, they’re out there unfortunately. Love your answer to them though!?