Almost reserved a Rivian

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'm within 30 minute's of their factory so I see quite a few of em.

All of their drivers thus far are complete pricks.
Also their auto leveling headlight system is a joke; having one behind you at night is like being constantly being flashed with highbeams for 3 seconds before adjusting after a pothole.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Rivian is an amazing truck. But it’s not easy making a new car company survive, and this news shouldn’t come as a surprise. Always fascinating to me how so many people are so quick to marginalize someone who is able to accomplish something so difficult.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I've had an opportunity to get about 30 miles of seat time in both a Rivian and a F150 Lightning Lariat. In my opinion, very different vehicles from a driving experience perspective. Both are out of my price range, so lets get that out of the way.

If they were affordable to me and I had to pick between the two, I'd get the Rivian. Main reason being the Rivian was closer to a midsize truck in size. Turning radius was shorter and when taking curves it felt like it had more grip on the road. The F150 felt like you were floating along and it felt heavy in the curves. I could definitely see falling asleep as a passenger in the F150 as it was very comfortable.

The level of engineering and R&D that has gone into these vehicles is impressive and expensive.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've seen a few are here and personally I think they're ugly. Maybe they drive well and have some good features but I just don't like the looks of them.

Also, with these kind of losses, they probably won't survive another year.

Rivian has another distinction. It lost $1.7 billion last quarter. That loss level is usually only posted in bad quarters for the world’s largest car companies. Rivian did it as one of the smallest.
Rivian faces several buzz saws. The most powerful of these is the Ford F-150 Lightning. It is the electric version of the top-selling vehicle in the United States. This is a distinction the F-150 has held for decades. Ford likely has at least 6 million of these on the road, giving it a massive customer base to which to market the Lightening.
?

Rivian.jpeg

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I've seen a few are here and personally I think they're ugly. Maybe they drive well and have some good features but I just don't like the looks of them.

?

Rivian.jpeg
I do like them except the headlight placement. It’s all I can see!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Rivian is an amazing truck. But it’s not easy making a new car company survive, and this news shouldn’t come as a surprise. Always fascinating to me how so many people are so quick to marginalize someone who is able to accomplish something so difficult.
Well read an article yesterday about them. Their losses this past year total out to 1.8 Billion! That is nothing more than poor management and business decisions. The downward spiral is now engaged.

Now let’s take Musk as another example. He was almost in the same position when he started up Tesla. He rolled up his sleeves and got onto the floor and started to realize that his demise was going the same way unless drastic measures and changes were made. A very bumpy ride but they did make it.

Rivien isn’t doing anything close to that drastic to correct their deficiencies. They seem content on the path they’re on. Total failure.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
When you said 'Rivian Falls Apart" I was expecting to see a truck in pieces, not the company going under. But if I were in the market for an EV truck, I wouldn't go with a start up company like Rivian. What's going to happen to owners of Rivian PU when the company folds?
And Tesla has been promoting its Cybertruck for more than 3 years. Anyone see one yet?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Well read an article yesterday about them. Their losses this past year total out to 1.8 Billion! That is nothing more than poor management and business decisions. The downward spiral is now engaged.

Now let’s take Musk as another example. He was almost in the same position when he started up Tesla. He rolled up his sleeves and got onto the floor and started to realize that his demise was going the same way unless drastic measures and changes were made. A very bumpy ride but they did make it.

Rivien isn’t doing anything close to that drastic to correct their deficiencies. They seem content on the path they’re on. Total failure.
Musk didn't start up Tesla, but he did turn it into its mega corp. it is now.
From Wiki:
"Tesla was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning as Tesla Motors. The company's name is a tribute to inventor and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla. In February 2004, via a $6.5 million investment, Elon Musk became the largest shareholder of the company."

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I do like them except the headlight placement. It’s all I can see!
That's the issue that kept me from clicking the reservation button when they were first revealed . I couldn't get the mistake the other designers had with the front end outta my head ,lol .

ugly.jpg

Deleted member 15875

Always risky to by a new generation anything. I think they will see quality issues surface much sooner than anyone expects.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

?

Rivian.jpeg

When a Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz have wild monkey sex this is what you get.
Sponsored