First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There seems to be a lot of derailments going on lately. This latest one involves 20 train cars that were carrying Ford vehicles along with several others. We were just near there last week traveling through Flagstaff. Who'd have thought putting a quarter on the tracks would cause all this damage? :shock::bandit:

https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/new-ford-vehicles-heavily-damaged-in-arizona-derailment/

According to BNSF Railway, the incident happened late Wednesday night, though it’s unclear what might have caused the derailment, as an investigation is currently underway. However, we do know that the cars were carrying a variety of new Ford vehicles, along with other models, all of which sustained heavy damage as a result of the crash. Luckily, there have been no reports of injuries at this time, at least.

“BNSF Railway can confirm that at approximately 11:20 pm on June 7th, approximately 20 automobile cars derailed in Williams, AZ (35 miles west of Flagstaff, AZ),” the company said in a statement. “No injuries or hazmat involved. Cause is under investigation.”

1686342375443.png
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
There seems to be a lot of derailments going on lately. This latest one involves 20 train cars that were carrying Ford vehicles along with several others. We were just near there last week traveling through Flagstaff. Who'd have thought putting a quarter on the tracks would cause all this damage? :shock::bandit:

https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/new-ford-vehicles-heavily-damaged-in-arizona-derailment/

1686342375443.png
Oh man. And those vans are really hard to get currently, and the past couple of years. Such a shame to lose some like that.

Last edited:

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Spicoli can fix them, his old man is a television repairman, he has the ultimate set of tools.

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
Imagine building out your truck, waiting all those months for it to arrive only to have it totaled in the home stretch. What a kick in the nuts...

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Imagine building out your truck, waiting all those months for it to arrive only to have it totaled in the home stretch. What a kick in the nuts...
Like getting a UPS delivery with forklift holes in the box, Tire marks on it and half the contents missing.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh man. And those vans are really hard to get currently, and the past couple of years. Such to lose some like that.
My buddy back east has been trying to get one for a while now. His maple syrup business is growing so fast he needs one for deliveries for all the grocery stores he's now in. After months of searching he finally gave up and ordered a new Mercedes van which he'll have next month.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
My buddy back east has been trying to get one for a while now. His maple syrup business is growing so fast he needs one for deliveries for all the grocery stores he's now in. After months of searching he finally gave up and ordered a new Mercedes van which he'll have next month.
Just saw a video showing about 300 of the Mercedes vans in a parking lot in California. Apparently they were supposed to become RVs but RV sales are dying as interest rates rise. 4th quarter will be a good time to buy.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

1686342375443.png
Your allowance was clearly a lot more than mine - we could only afford to put pennies on the tracks by my place when I was a kid. 😀

Loved having to cross the tracks to go to school - always a fresh supply of gravel for throwing at the boxcars as the whizzed by. If we could find a pop can, we would scrape it back and forth over the magnet for the signal switch and laugh like mad when the cars would have to stop and wait for the lights and bells to stop.

To be clear, no trains were derailed by our shenanigans.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Your allowance was clearly a lot more than mine - we could only afford to put pennies on the tracks by my place when I was a kid. 😀

Loved having to cross the tracks to go to school - always a fresh supply of gravel for throwing at the boxcars as the whizzed by. If we could find a pop can, we would scrape it back and forth over the magnet for the signal switch and laugh like mad when the cars would have to stop and wait for the lights and bells to stop.

To be clear, no trains were derailed by our shenanigans.
I never had any RR tracks close by me growing up. 🤔 Now that I think of it that was probably a good thing. We did enough dumb things and got into a lot of trouble without them. lol

Oh, I said a quarter because I adjusted it for inflation. :wink:😆

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Wasn't there a train load of F-150's that derailed last year?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wasn't there a train load of F-150's that derailed last year?
It was just 2 years ago in Missouri. 44 rail cars derailed containing F150's and Transit vans.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/r-i-p-ford-f-150-models-lost-train-crash/

Instead of chugga-chugga choo choo, today we’re saying chugga-chugga OH NO. A 44-car train derailment occurred in northeastern Missouri on Monday. As a result, dozens of new Ford F-150 models and Ford Transit vans were scattered across the countryside.

The derailment occurred on Rensselaer Lane and Burch Lane, in rural Ralls County, near Huntington. Route DD is currently closed to traffic and this scene could take days to clean up. No injuries were reported, and the cause of the wreck was unclear.

We aren’t sure how many Ford trucks and vans were entangled in this accident, but they are all confirmed to be totaled. They were finally exiting the Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claucomo, Missouri. However, they never made it to the dealerships.

1686363752743.png

1686363834332.png

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I live about 2 hours from the toxic train derailment in East Palestine. There were 2 other derailments in the state since then an several around the country but none as toxic spewing as the one here.
Sponsored