First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I saw a pic on line where a college kid put a fake plug cover on his jeep. The school charged like $100 a quarter for parking but plug in ev's and hybrids were free. It's a plastic box stuck on the fender like all jeep accessories so it looks legit.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I saw a pic on line where a college kid put a fake plug cover on his jeep. The school charged like $100 a quarter for parking but plug in ev's and hybrids were free. It's a plastic box stuck on the fender like all jeep accessories so it looks legit.
I like his thinking..

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Yeah, but it's not legit.
Why not just pay the parking fee and not worry about getting caught?
This is the same person that'll grow up to cheat on his/her taxes...or spouse perhaps.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is the same person that'll grow up to cheat on his/her taxes...or spouse perhaps.
I agree and I think/hope it was just a case of a broke college student doing something dumb like we all did back in the day. $100/qtr adds up especially today with the inflation we're having. ? I look back at some dumb stuff I did like jumping the fence at the annual local fair just to save $8.00. :facepalm: It wasn't like we were broke and I didn't have the money it was just a dumb thing I did as a kid.

One of the guys on the JL forum did something similar but it was more as a joke. He had a 392 Jeep and he removed the side vent and placed an EV cover from a PHEV Jeep and said he's now green. lol

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
? I look back at some dumb stuff I did like jumping the fence at the annual local fair just to save $8.00. :facepalm:
Dad would make all the kids hide in the trunk and sneak in to the drive in movies , back in the day , long , long ago... I kinda called him out on it once because the sign said "kids get in for free" , but " shut up and get in the damn trunk" was the reply, almost like he was practicing ? ...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dad would make all the kids hide in the trunk and sneak in to the drive in movies , back in the day , long , long ago... I kinda called him out on it once because the sign said "kids get in for free" , but " shut up and get in the damn trunk" was the reply, almost like he was practicing ? ...
I'm guessing he left you in there a little to long? This is really starting to explain a lot now. :lipssealed::shock:?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Oddly enough, in 2021 the Ranger did just sneak in on the Greener Car list, if the building with that parking is using the older certification (LEED v. 2009) with less strict (score of 40+) requirements for the "green" cars list.

List of LEED-Qualified Cars | Greener Cars

Last edited:

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I'm guessing he left you in there a little to long? This is really starting to explain a lot now. :lipssealed::shock:?
Sounding like my ex therapist a little , never felt like a "breakthrough " to me though ... rusty trunks and loud mufflers with no tailpipe still make me somewhat uncomfortable though... ehhh , childhood , what you gona do ???

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Maybe he's just tired of all the virtue signalling that is spreading like a virus though our society. EVs park cheaper because they need a network of power lines and controls to convert fossil fuels to electricity, instead of doing it internally? It's ludicrous, lol.
Sponsored