First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It's always been this way. I put extended shackles on the leaf springs and turned down the torsion bars on my '63 Plymouth Belvedere and fitted cheater slicks* on chrome reverse rims; gave it the "drag strip look." Took it to Minnesota Dragways several times.
Parked in the Spectators lot every time.
SUNGLASSES.jpeg

*Cheap boarderline-legal snow tires recapped with two or three 3/32 tread grooves on the outer edges.
Sponsored

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I'm not usually one to throw money away trading in a relatively new truck but if this does happen I may seriously consider trading my Tremor. Love the Tremor but a Ranger Raptor with that engine would be way too much fun to not consider. As others have said would also depend a lot on price.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Here comes the $65k Ranger. ? maybe they will
Actually market it to real Off road enthusiasts and not the pavement princess crowd.
Agreed that a 65k Ranger Raptor is nearly insane, but it’s still 20-25k cheaper than a F150 Raptor which will soon top out at well over 100k once they put the GT500 motor in it. Some are just willing to pay the price I guess.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 19 I was worried that a first run truck would have bugs. It didnt and I am now really happy with my plain truck. The gaudy chromey and curvey crap they are coming out with now is ugly as sin. And all you can do with more horsepower is break the law and waste gas.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
It will be great if it actually happens. There will be gouging for the first model year for sure and the price won't be low to start with.

I was really looking forward to the 392 Wrangler, until the price was announced. It scuttled that plan pretty fast.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Considering that the picture is a render.... I doubt it will happen anyways.

Renders are the absolute quickest way to get auto-minded fools to click on your link and provide you with revenue from site traffic.

Clickbait at best, an emotional scam at worst lol.

Last edited:

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Vehicle prices in general are skyrocketing and along with that people become more and more financially irresponsible. Just generally speaking. I know people that own raptors that don’t even have $1000 in savings “but I have a raptor” I guess this is just the 45 year old me talking.

Agreed that a 65k Ranger Raptor is nearly insane, but it’s still 20-25k cheaper than a F150 Raptor which will soon top out at well over 100k once they put the GT500 motor in it. Some are just willing to pay the price I guess.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
77k for a 392 JKU. Absolutely insane. Should have just offered the 5.7 hemi and kept the price realistic.

It will be great if it actually happens. There will be gouging for the first model year for sure and the price won't be low to start with.

I was really looking forward to the 392 Wrangler, until the price was announced. It scuttled that plan pretty fast.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Most owners are posers that don’t even off road but rather park at a mall.

And? I may be missing the point here.

No one ever buys a raptor to save gas and drive the speed limit.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I think we both agree. It’s true they do sell I’m just a use it for it’s intended purpose kind of person. Lol.

The bottom line for manufacturers is to sell to whoever is willing to Throw money at them and convince people that an off-road build vehicle needs full gram leather, massaging seats etc. lol.

Did not at ALL intend to take anything out of context, please explain. I get it, it pisses you off that this machinery is not being used to its potential, it does me too. Thing is, Ford and Stalin..Fiat..Ram what-da-hell-ever they are called sells EVERY one they can build and for above MSRP even before these dumb times we are in.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I think we both agree. It’s true they do sell I’m just a use it for it’s intended purpose kind of person. Lol.

The bottom line for manufacturers is to sell to whoever is willing to Throw money at them and convince people that an off-road build vehicle needs full gram leather, massaging seats etc. lol.
I've got 33s, level, and some tow hooks on the front I made. I'm gonna stop for some milk on the way home, do you mind? ?

Yes we both agree. Way I see it, if a noob buys a capable rig them just maybe they will get out and learn to use it. Just maybe.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I don’t mind as long as you don’t mind if I do the same. Lol.

I’m trying to get younger guys to joint our off road club in our area. Most have zero
Interest unfortunately.
I've got 33s, level, and some tow hooks on the front I made. I'm gonna stop for some milk on the way home, do you mind? ?

Yes we both agree. Way I see it, if a noob buys a capable rig them just maybe they will get out and learn to use it. Just maybe.

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
There would be absolutely no factory off-road capable vehicles being manufactured and sold if not for the pavement queen crowd. There just isn't a big enough market for it among the true enthusiasts and it would be even more expensive to build a rig out yourself. So I can't really complain about those people. I also kind of find it silly and often financially irresponsible but at the end of the day it's their money/credit and who am I to tell people how to spend their money...

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
New F150 raptors that make it to the lot are nearly $100K right now. If they do sell these state side, there's zero chance of them being priced reasonably. Ford's specialty lines(Shelby, Raptor, etc) are about exclusivity, and they are priced accordingly.
Sponsored