Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The wear is one of my concerns. I'm also concerned with the angle at full droop as my dumb ass installed the Eibach kit set to 3.75" of lift!
I got the superlift suspension and came with diff drop. I had it for awhile now and no issue but I haven't taken it to a hard-core off roading. The shop that installed said he would be worried if it wasn't for the diff dropped. The superlift is about 3.5 inch. I'm watching this thread as well since planning on replacing my front Fox to Eibach in the future. How do we measure the angle of the drive shafts? I should have taken a pics before and after.
Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I got the superlift suspension and came with diff drop. I had it for awhile now and no issue but I haven't taken it to a hard-core off roading. The shop that installed said he would be worried if it wasn't for the diff dropped. The superlift is about 3.5 inch.
The superlift diff drop looks the same as BDS and very similar to that ebay kit with both driver side and passenger side drop.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The superlift diff drop looks the same as BDS and very similar to that ebay kit with both driver side and passenger side drop.
Yea, the superlift is the same as BDS, I'll take a pics next time on a level ground to show the angle of the drive shafts.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got the superlift suspension and came with diff drop. I had it for awhile now and no issue but I haven't taken it to a hard-core off roading. The shop that installed said he would be worried if it wasn't for the diff dropped. The superlift is about 3.5 inch. I'm watching this thread as well since planning on replacing my front Fox to Eibach in the future. How do we measure the angle of the drive shafts? I should have taken a pics before and after.
I think if you are parked on level ground you can take some measurements to get your driveshaft angle, if you don't have a protractor.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you are parked on level ground you can take some measurements to get your driveshaft angle, if you don't have a protractor.
Thanks, I'll try measuring it next time had a chance.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I will be installing the front Eibach coilovers next week, only going up 2" to level the front with my RV hitch. Should I be concerned with driveshaft angle or is 2" good? I have the Eibachs in the rear without spacers.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I will be installing the front Eibach coilovers next week, only going up 2" to level the front with my RV hitch. Should I be concerned with driveshaft angle or is 2" good? I have the Eibachs in the rear without spacers.
Hi Jesse,

Let your calibrated assometer tell you if you created a problem. Some lifts have and some have not. Some of this depends on your tolerance for some vibrations. When it comes to driveline angle it is not rated in inches of lift. It is angle of the new driveshaft angle relative to the rear axle pinion. Let the dealer handle, but be prepared for their balk as you moded the lift.

Best,
Phil

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
If I am reading this right, the diff drop only changes the front drive shaft angle. It does not change the cv axle angle?

Reactions: Doc

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Hi Jesse,

Let your calibrated assometer tell you if you created a problem. Some lifts have and some have not. Some of this depends on your tolerance for some vibrations. When it comes to driveline angle it is not rated in inches of lift. It is angle of the new driveshaft angle relative to the rear axle pinion. Let the dealer handle, but be prepared for their balk as you moded the lift.

Best,
Phil
Thanks Phil, as I have zero vibration now, and don't want any, I will be 'feeling' for it, and take care of it if it shows up. I don't like drop hitches, and want to level the truck in any case, and it is exactly 2" lower than my hitch so need to level that tow bar.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running on Eibach Pro Lift CO with 2.5" front lift 1" rear for 84,000 miles without a diff drop...I think you'll be ok...

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I am reading this right, the diff drop only changes the front drive shaft angle. It does not change the cv axle angle?
By lowering the front diff., you make the CV angle less extreme than when the suspension is lifted without the drop. You're essentially moving the differential down to lessen the angle of the CVs.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
That’s what I was thinking. So it looks like the ebay kit you installed and the bds & superlift lower both driver and passenger side. The peak suspension kit only lowers the drivers side and front diff

Reactions: Doc

asix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 XLT
The wear is one of my concerns. I'm also concerned with the angle at full droop as my dumb ass installed the Eibach kit set to 3.75" of lift!
I'm in the same boat as you. Eibach at 3.75" and fabtech UCA.

I'm considering these three options.

1) Stay at 3.75" and do a diff drop
https://www.peaksuspension.com/coll...ak-suspension-ford-ranger-1-differential-drop

2) Pay a shop to compress the suspension down to 3.0" from 3.75 and install without a diff drop.

3) Pay a shop to compress the suspension down to 3.0" from 3.75 and install the diff drop.

Last edited:

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I ended up ordering the Ebay kit. I liked that it drops both driver and passenger mounting points equally. After looking into other drop kits that come with suspension lifts, they all drop both sides. Not just the drivers side like Peak. The only true benefit to the peak kit is there is no cutting involved. Just drilling a second hole.

I will post pictures after the install.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Okay so that diff drop is not for the faint of heart. Took several hours and you better have a right angle drill and good bits. I will post pictures tomorrow.
Sponsored