Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I get that's it's legal.

Doesn't make it right though.

Again, not saying I wouldn't do the same either.
I don't see what you think its not right. If I'm driving it to work it's a work vehicle doesn't matter if it's a truck, Jeep or a Corvette.

I don't have kids and never got to take advantage of the child tax deduction which in my eyes is a dumb one. Why should you get a deduction for having kids? Again there are many tax codes that don't make sense but somewhere they benefit someone and someone else won't like it. :)
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I don't see what you think its not right. If I'm driving it to work it's a work vehicle doesn't matter if it's a truck, Jeep or a Corvette.

I don't have kids and never got to take advantage of the child tax deduction which in my eyes is a dumb one. Why should you get a deduction for having kids? Again there are many tax codes that don't make sense but somewhere they benefit someone and someone else won't like it. :)
Exactly my point.

Tax codes are a constant point of argument in our country. Everybody seems to feel that the "other guy" gets a better deal.

Which is why dismantling the IRS and moving to a straight flat tax with no deductions for anything would be ideal. But that will never happen, the lobbyists won't allow it.

Also, to be clear. In order to qualify as a business write off the vehicle must be "primarily" used for work. Pretty sure your Jeep, or hypothetical Corvette will not be.

Again, not saying I wouldn't do the same. A person can disagree with something philosophically and still take advantage of it.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Also, to be clear. In order to qualify as a business write off the vehicle must be "primarily" used for work. Pretty sure your Jeep, or hypothetical Corvette will not be.
Actually it doesn't. You can have a secondary vehicle and use it as a partial write off, ex a certain percent. I use to do it with one of my vehicles years ago as I used it a lot for estimates and other job related stuff like getting supplies.

No different than taking the home office deduction. I write off a certain percent of all my utilities and house taxes. Now it's a small percent and it's based on the sq ft of the room but every little bit helps out. Some accountant will tell you not to do this as it raises a "red flag" which is dumb. It's legal so why not take it?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Actually it doesn't. You can have a secondary vehicle and use it as a partial write off, ex a certain percent. I use to do it with one of my vehicles years ago as I used it a lot for estimates and other job related stuff like getting supplies.

No different than taking the home office deduction. I write off a certain percent of all my utilities and house taxes. Now it's a small percent and it's based on the sq ft of the room but every little bit helps out. Some accountant will tell you not to do this as it raises a "red flag" which is dumb. It's legal so why not take it?
Yes, my fault for assuming you meant 100% when you said "write it off."

I've heard the "red flag" argument myself from accountants before. I don't buy it.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
I don't think it will totally flop but I do think once the "newness" wears off they'll need rebates/incentives to move them. I've only been glancing at aftermarket stuff for the Jeep and it's crazy how much is out there.
I have friends who are jeep people. I only wish my aftermarket support for my Ranger was equal. Lol. I’ve got close to 6k in suspension, wheels and tires waiting to go on my truck and I still won’t scratch the surface of jeep capability.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have friends who are jeep people. I only wish my aftermarket support for my Ranger was equal. Lol. I’ve got close to 6k in suspension, wheels and tires waiting to go on my truck and I still won’t scratch the surface of jeep capability.
That's why I didn't want to sink a lot of money into my Ranger. I off road it and it's great for certain trails but it does bounce you around a lot on others so new suspension would be great. But it's still not going to do what I want it to do. Somehow I see this Jeep delaying my retirement. lol :piggybank:

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
That's why I didn't want to sink a lot of money into my Ranger. I off road it and it's great for certain trails but it does bounce you around a lot on others so new suspension would be great. But it's still not going to do what I want it to do. Somehow I see this Jeep delaying my retirement. lol :piggybank:
Hey as long as you are having fun, retirement can wait. Lol.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey as long as you are having fun, retirement can wait. Lol.
I've been semi retired for a while now but most days I still enjoy getting up and going to work. I've even cut back more since I had Covid this past summer, my strength still isn't 100% yet. If I could stop buying stuff I could retire now. lol I just don't want to dig into my savings so working pays for my hobbies now.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Done! Ordered the '22 Rubicon below. Granger is great to deal with I sent them an email last night and woke up to one from them requesting a few things from me. Within an hour I had everything Docu-signed and a VON (vehicle order number) in the contract. Production starts the beginning of December for the '22's and he said I should get a VIN tomorrow and receive it around March barring any parts issues.

Attachments

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Done! Ordered the '22 Rubicon below. Granger is great to deal with I sent them an email last night and woke up to one from them requesting a few things from me. Within an hour I had everything Docu-signed and a VON (vehicle order number) in the contract. Production starts the beginning of December for the '22's and he said I should get a VIN tomorrow and receive it around March barring any parts issues.
Congrats.
I belong to 10 Jeep forums but none are as friendly as this one.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats.
I belong to 10 Jeep forums but none are as friendly as this one.
Thanks Kent. I'm only on the JL Wrangler forum but you're right this one is the best. It seems to be ok but I'm doing a lot of reading right now trying to get info as I don't know a lot about the Jeep. One things for sure there's a ton of aftermarket stuff for them! Here I thought this site was bad I already have a folder filled with stuff I want. lol

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You heard something like that before....
Ford lied to you
let hope the Jeep people didnt lie to you either.
if this keeps up, you're going to be ordering an Isuzu or a Unimog.

BTW: you can stay here as long as you keep your Ranger.
If it goes, beat it. No going away party either. You've done so much damage with the Damper already.
Yeah I'm not holding my breath on that time frame. One thing that Jeep does (and all the rest should too) is prioritize customer orders BEFORE dealer stock. I heard this from 4 different dealers so here's to hoping it arrives before my Bronco does. ?

The Ranger is staying put right here for the time being. I still have more victims customers to convert ahemmm...AL @Texasota . ?Thankfully most of the newbies seem to have done their homework and pre-read the forum and already added one to theirs. :like:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Congrats! Boy, their gas sure is high…;)
Sponsored