Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Awesome! Show a pic when you get them mounted up :like:
Will do. Slightly concerned for my crash bars. Really want to keep 'em.

I was hoping for the Coopers but they aren't available now that I've done my lift. Back in March I test fit a set on the stock suspension and determined the 2" lift the Fox Stage 1s come preset at would fit them. But they're listed at 32.8" the extra .3" on the Toyos is a bit concerning for the bars at compression. We will see though. I don't want to add more preload so the bars might have to go or be replaced with aftermarket.

I'll have true 33"s though!
I have AT2 what is the difference from AT3?
AT3 is the next version. Supposedly all the good about the AT2 with better wet/snow traction and quieter.

No experience with Toyos, sounds like the road noise is the biggest complaint from others still. Which I think I'll be ok with.

All tires in this size are E Load Rated. That's slightly concerning, for performance, I don't usually sweat the MPGs much. But I want this size so it is what it is.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Will do. Slightly concerned for my crash bars. Really want to keep 'em.

I was hoping for the Coopers but they aren't available now that I've done my lift. Back in March I test fit a set on the stock suspension and determined the 2" lift the Fox Stage 1s come preset at would fit them. But they're listed at 32.8" the extra .3" on the Toyos is a bit concerning for the bars at compression. We will see though. I don't want to add more preload so the bars might have to go or be replaced with aftermarket.

I'll have true 33"s though!

AT3 is the next version. Supposedly all the good about the AT2 with better wet/snow traction and quieter.

No experience with Toyos, sounds like the road noise is the biggest complaint from others still. Which I think I'll be ok with.

All tires in this size are E Load Rated. That's slightly concerning, for performance, I don't usually sweat the MPGs much. But I want this size so it is what it is.
No road noise for me just the vibration

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Tires arrived Fri morning, suspension click was resolved this morning, install scheduled for Monday morning.

Things are looking up.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Awesome! Show a pic when you get them mounted up :like:
20211004_112030.jpg

And from the front for an idea how the wagon wheels fit the fenders.

20211004_112645.jpg

No rub, bars intact, still need to check @ full compression but looks like I should be good.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
That really looks good! Have you noticed much of a difference in how it drives? Did it affect acceleration or braking?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
That really looks good! Have you noticed much of a difference in how it drives? Did it affect acceleration or braking?
Just got them on and drove 'em home.

About to bed down and will update this after my commute to work and back tonight. That's about 90 miles roundtrip on various roads that I know very well.

Acceleration and braking seemed minimally effected at calm city speeds.

Small expansion joints is where the additional unsprung weight was most noticeable as of now. Nothing horrible though, just slightly different.

For clarification these are E rated and my truck is sitting on a Fox 2.0 stage 1 level kit + global Ranger rear springs.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Just got them on and drove 'em home.

About to bed down and will update this after my commute to work and back tonight. That's about 90 miles roundtrip on various roads that I know very well.

Acceleration and braking seemed minimally effected at calm city speeds.

Small expansion joints is where the additional unsprung weight was most noticeable as of now. Nothing horrible though, just slightly different.

For clarification these are E rated and my truck is sitting on a Fox 2.0 stage 1 level kit + global Ranger rear springs.
After my commute I can report that my initial assessment stands.

I can definitely feel the increase in weight. But it's not glaringly obvious in any category.

Acceleration is minimally affected, as is braking. Ride is slightly more harsh. No vibrations up to rouvhly 90mph, slight hum over about 45mph.

As long as they hold strong in the snow I think I'll like these.

Joker2theThief

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
After my commute I can report that my initial assessment stands.

I can definitely feel the increase in weight. But it's not glaringly obvious in any category.

Acceleration is minimally affected, as is braking. Ride is slightly more harsh. No vibrations up to rouvhly 90mph, slight hum over about 45mph.

As long as they hold strong in the snow I think I'll like these.
Having the Fox 2.0 installed on mine next week and have the same tires ordered. Have they beat you up on mpg too bad? Not really worried about it just curious. I see you’re in Colorado. I’m in Wyoming so we probably drive a lot of the same conditions on and off road. Have you had any clearance/rubbing issues? I have no desire to modify the crash bars.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Having the Fox 2.0 installed on mine next week and have the same tires ordered. Have they beat you up on mpg too bad? Not really worried about it just curious. I see you’re in Colorado. I’m in Wyoming so we probably drive a lot of the same conditions on and off road. Have you had any clearance/rubbing issues? I have no desire to modify the crash bars.
Can't say on MPG. Never calculated it on stock tires or these. Just not a big concern of mine.

No clearance or rubbing issues. Had them on a light trail this weekend. Lots of this type stuff...
ksfhpwswfqi11.jpg

...still pristine in the wheelwells. No signs of rubbing on liners or factory bars.

Just to clarify, this is on factory offset. Spacers or aftermarket wheels will probably put you into the bars.

I might add small spacers for stance at some point but if I do I'll go to aftermarket bars.

Keeping the factory crash bars in place was one of my criteria when choosing tire size as well.

Tires handled it like a champ. I didn't air down due to the length of the trail and the sidewalls did well on the rocks.

I haven't chalk tested them yet but 36 psi cold seems to be the spot. On the road you can definitely feel the extra weight. But it's not as obtrusive as I feared. Didn't have me jonesing for a tune or anything. Yet.

If you're changing your tire size with Forscan let me know. I'll look up the value I used so you have somewhere to start.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these tires installed yesterday. So far I really like them. I will see what it does to my MPG - I'm hoping it won't make too much of a dent.

Joker2theThief

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Can't say on MPG. Never calculated it on stock tires or these. Just not a big concern of mine.

No clearance or rubbing issues. Had them on a light trail this weekend. Lots of this type stuff...
ksfhpwswfqi11.jpg

...still pristine in the wheelwells. No signs of rubbing on liners or factory bars.

Just to clarify, this is on factory offset. Spacers or aftermarket wheels will probably put you into the bars.

I might add small spacers for stance at some point but if I do I'll go to aftermarket bars.

Keeping the factory crash bars in place was one of my criteria when choosing tire size as well.

Tires handled it like a champ. I didn't air down due to the length of the trail and the sidewalls did well on the rocks.

I haven't chalk tested them yet but 36 psi cold seems to be the spot. On the road you can definitely feel the extra weight. But it's not as obtrusive as I feared. Didn't have me jonesing for a tune or anything. Yet.

If you're changing your tire size with Forscan let me know. I'll look up the value I used so you have somewhere to start.
Thanks so much for all the info! That really helps me feel like i made the right decision. I am going stock rims with no spacers and factory offset as well. That’s good to hear it doesn’t get too sluggish with the bigger tires. I’m debating the FP tune myself but it’s not a priority. Glad everything clears on the trails with no further mods. I need to look into the Forscan. Adjusting for the bigger tires would be nice.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
20211118_081949.jpg

Still deciding how I feel about them. Same size as factory Hankooks, noticed a loss of MPG and they do feel heavier although they may only be 2lbs heavier.
Sponsored