TOYO Open Country A/T III

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Prior to delivery in July, had my dealer install Toyo's and Ford/Fox 2.0 Leveling Suspension Kit. Depending of surface type, road noise is at most barely noticeable. Around 3800 miles now, pleased with handling and ride both on/off road.

Image 234.png

Image 237.png

Image 235.png

Image 340.png
Sponsored

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I've have Toyo Open Country AT2 - AW tires on my truck since new. P265/70R17. Installed at the dealer before I took the truck. I have a 2.5" BDS lift in front and FOX 2.0 shocks in rear. Fuel economy was 25-27 Impg in summer, now that is cold I'm down to 22-24 Impg. Run tires at 32-34 psi. In Canada winter rated tires are LAW in the mountains from October 1st - April 30th. Toyo AT3 are not available in Canada yet.
The AT2 I have did "sing" quite a bit when new, that settled down after a few thousand kms.
They provide good grip on wet and dry, snow performance has been good so far as well. I drove over Rogers Pass through a blizzard, down to 40kms/hr due to visibility and the tires kept us firmly planted on the road. Happy with these, once worn out I'll probably change to the AT3 - they should be available in the Great White North in a few years !

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I've have Toyo Open Country AT2 - AW tires on my truck since new. P265/70R17. Installed at the dealer before I took the truck. I have a 2.5" BDS lift in front and FOX 2.0 shocks in rear. Fuel economy was 25-27 Impg in summer, now that is cold I'm down to 22-24 Impg. Run tires at 32-34 psi. In Canada winter rated tires are LAW in the mountains from October 1st - April 30th. Toyo AT3 are not available in Canada yet.
The AT2 I have did "sing" quite a bit when new, that settled down after a few thousand kms.
They provide good grip on wet and dry, snow performance has been good so far as well. I drove over Rogers Pass through a blizzard, down to 40kms/hr due to visibility and the tires kept us firmly planted on the road. Happy with these, once worn out I'll probably change to the AT3 - they should be available in the Great White North in a few years !
I just got a reply back from Toyo Canada and the Open Country AT3 will be launched this March!

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I really like this tire.

In doing my research on the size I would like, I noticed that the OWL tire, with the exact same specs as the BSW tire, is 3 lbs heavier per tire. They must use lead paint! ?

982BAD71-F115-4CEC-AD4D-6E0F5DEFE9C1.jpeg

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Prior to delivery in July, had my dealer install Toyo's and Ford/Fox 2.0 Leveling Suspension Kit. Depending of surface type, road noise is at most barely noticeable. Around 3800 miles now, pleased with handling and ride both on/off road.

Image 234.png

Image 237.png

Image 235.png

Image 340.png
Whats your MPG looking like? Considering that same size just not sure if I want the E or SL load rating. Not too sure how much ill actually be off roading if ill need the extra sidewall strength

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Since I had my dealer install these tires before delivery, I don't have any comparison data with the stock Hankook tires.

Previous reading.
Image 1476.png

Current reading.
I've done more off-roading lately which may be lowering the overall average.
Image 1480.png

Two day trip readings. Mostly two-lane country roads.
Image 1479.png

Image 1478.png

MagneticXlt

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 Supercab FX4 XLT
Tenth at Consumer reports ratings:

toyho.JPG

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Since I had my dealer install these tires before delivery, I don't have any comparison data with the stock Hankook tires.

Previous reading.
Image 1476.png

Current reading.
I've done more off-roading lately which may be lowering the overall average.
Image 1480.png

Two day trip readings. Mostly two-lane country roads.
Image 1479.png

Image 1478.png
Thank you. Doesnt seem too bad. Been struggling to keep my stock truck at 21 mpg but I only drive like 7minutes to work below 50mph the whole way

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I was originally sick on wild peaks than I started to read about general grabbers so I was stuck on the grabbers until I went to order my wheels and tires and grabbers were on back order. But my shop asked if I had looked at the Toyo at3s and man I’m glad he recommended them. My first impression are they are good looking on my icons, but ride extremely smooth. Of course there is a hum but only coming from stock wheels and tires to 33x11.5 on 17s! I’m extremely happy with my first impression let’s see how they last!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Got a set ordered today, coming from Arizona to my local Discount Tire, 255/80 17.

Should be here middle of next week.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I personally feel like these have been good tires! But still have slight vibrations with the tires. I will be moving to general tires to give them a shot but these are still brand new and will have them for a long time!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I personally feel like these have been good tires! But still have slight vibrations with the tires. I will be moving to general tires to give them a shot but these are still brand new and will have them for a long time!
Saw your thread on that.

I had planned on Cooper Discoverer AT3s but none were available. The way things are, I'd rather get the oddball size I wanted sooner rather than later. So we'll try the Toyos.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Saw your thread on that.

I had planned on Cooper Discoverer AT3s but none were available. The way things are, I'd rather get the oddball size I wanted sooner rather than later. So we'll try the Toyos.
same thing happened when I was looking. I went with these and they have done fine just the vibration.I would say it’s not the tires but they already replaced 1 and it’s gotten way better.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Got a set ordered today, coming from Arizona to my local Discount Tire, 255/80 17.

Should be here middle of next week.
Awesome! Show a pic when you get them mounted up :like:
Sponsored