First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
question......with the forward crash detection "camera" is there footage available if the air bags deploy that can be accessed my LEO's/insurance to prove fault or no fault?

I bought a cheaper dashcam an never even hooked it up. Maybe the earlier ones weren't "user friendly"

Maybe I'll try a more current one
The dash cam is mounted to the front windshield so when the air bags deploy all that would be behind the cameras view. Here's a view from the outside of mine. Sorry it's not the best picture with the sun blaring in.

You just take out the Micro SD card and put it into your computer. From there you can save the footage and Emil it to your insurance company. Actually you can email it directly from the camera too.

IMG_4200.jpg
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The dash cam is mounted to the front windshield so when the air bags deploy all that would be behind the cameras view. Here's a view from the outside of mine. Sorry it's not the best picture with the sun blaring in.

You just take out the Micro SD card and put it into your computer. From there you can save the footage and Emil it to your insurance company. Actually you can email it directly from the camera too.

IMG_4200.jpg
I was referring to the one from the factory in the top of the windshield

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
The question I always have to ask myself is, do I want to behave today and get rockstar mileage or do I want the driving and acceleration thrills. For some reason ends up being thrills in the end… ?
Can always sell the wife and kids and house for gas....:crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was referring to the one from the factory in the top of the windshield
Doh! No that camera doesn't save any footage or have any recording capability.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Doh! No that camera doesn't save any footage or have any recording capability.
I head the modern vehicles record throttle position an brake position for like a 30 second loop, like the data they released on Tiger's crash in LA. A mini "black box" an if so is video also held

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I head the modern vehicles record throttle position an brake position for like a 30 second loop, like the data they released on Tiger's crash in LA. A mini "black box" an if so is video also held
It's possible but I thought I remember someone else asking about this before and our doesn't record. ?‍♂

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
If I were to drive 65 mph here they'd run you off the road! Heck I'll be doing 80 and they're still right on my bumper.
My wife says that if i can't achieve air, then I am driving below the limit...I am thinking she means like the "A-team" van did in the opening sequence :wink: only this would be on the expansion joints between bridges/roadways.

Gunza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Grey Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT Stuff
My issue with both of those models is how it attaches to the windshield. I had one that taped on in the past and the heat just destroyed the tape. My current one is horrible clarity but it is suction cup which if it falls, I just stick it back up. How has the tape held up on the Thinkware?
My truck sits in an open parking lot with no shade for 8-10 hrs/day, in full sun and it's been 90+ a fair bit since I did my install and i've had no issues with the tape as of yet on either the front or rear camera.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My wife says that if i can't achieve air, then I am driving below the limit...I am thinking she means like the "A-team" van did in the opening sequence :wink: only this would be on the expansion joints between bridges/roadways.
Terry...Go big or go home! ?

Bandit.gif

2020 DS Ranger

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Retired USAF 1987-2007, Vol. Asst. Chief
I reset my avg mpg and drove ten miles going 65mph. I didn’t expect to get over 30. Truck does great on the freeways when you don’t speed ?
386AC3F5-250D-496B-A083-02D84958F5FB.jpeg
I just drove from Mid Delaware to Long Island, 27 MPG average for the whole trip. i forgot to mention my average speed was 65.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
My truck sits in an open parking lot with no shade for 8-10 hrs/day, in full sun and it's been 90+ a fair bit since I did my install and i've had no issues with the tape as of yet on either the front or rear camera.
Thanks for the review
Makes me feel better since this is like a $500 purchase!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Matt, if you do get the Thinkware U1000 you'll need to update it to the newest firmware. After you format the SD card download the firmware from the link below on to it. Insert it back into the camera and power it back up in your truck. It only takes a couple minutes to load it and the camera will confirm "upgrade is now complete" when done.

My camera wasn't going into parking mode. Of course they were closed and I had to wait until morning to find out it just needed the newest firmware. This way you don't have to go through the hassle of waiting like I did. :)

https://us.thinkware.com/product-page/u1000-download/

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Matt, if you do get the Thinkware U1000 you'll need to update it to the newest firmware. After you format the SD card download the firmware from the link below on to it. Insert it back into the camera and power it back up in your truck. It only takes a couple minutes to load it and the camera will confirm "upgrade is now complete" when done.

My camera wasn't going into parking mode. Of course they were closed and I had to wait until morning to find out it just needed the newest firmware. This way you don't have to go through the hassle of waiting like I did. :)

https://us.thinkware.com/product-page/u1000-download/
Thanks for the heads up. I never would of thought to update it's firmware!
Sponsored