Ford Price Increases

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Never understood the rebates and incentives, why not price them accordingly so that they sell and everyone still makes money to stay in business etc. maybe it’s just old thinking that hasn't evolved??
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Never understood the rebates and incentives, why not price them accordingly so that they sell and everyone still makes money to stay in business etc. maybe it’s just old thinking that hasn't evolved??

I think the reason they do this is because what's hot and selling in one area might not be in another. If you notice the incentives and rebates are base on location so if the Ranger or F150 is hot in the N'East they're not going to have as many there. Or they could have a huge overstock they're trying to push out before the next years changeover. Where as they might need those incentives here in the S'West to jump start sales and move inventory.

XLT_TREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Tremor
Bumping the Ranger base prices $250 is pretty nominal. I wouldn’t even have noticed. But taking away all the incentives is a big deal and would’ve made me think harder about getting the Tremor. I got $4,000 off combining the XLT rebate and trade assistance.

But the other side of the token might be more fair and transparent prices at more dealerships. 2 dealers I visited essentially wanted the discounts for themselves.

So glad I got my Tremor deal done last holiday weekend.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Californian lady bought my home last month. Hard part was me finding a rental. That was stressful because rentals were very scarce in the valley.

I will retire in 2 years maxx and wanted to take the profits before the August fed water study for lake mead comes out and drought news wrecks the housing values. Bought my ranger before the two week shutdown at MAP facility. Timing seems to be working out for me lately.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
The market is insane out here! Half of CA is moving here for the lower COL and coming in driving up home prices. The house I just did last week they told me the same exact new house today is $98K more than what they paid for it and they just closed on it the week before. Mine alone has gone up 340% since I bought it and I'd love to sell and cash out but not sure on where I'd go just yet and the market is way out of control now. Rents are even worse out here so that's not even an option now.
When did you buy your house? I'm in North-East Phoenix - Desert Ridge. I purchased my home in 1999 and going off the $80k over asking price that an exact comp to my home, one block away, recently sold for, I am right at 340% appreciation.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Ford didn't raise their crown jewel, the F150. Interesting.
I agree with what Dave said, that it would be a bad idea to raise the price of the F-150. The competition in the full-sized trucks is fierce and I'm sure Ford would not want to lose market share.

XLT_TREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Tremor
Looks like the trade-in assistance was bumped up to $3,500 from $2,500 around here. I guess that means they want to help the dealers get the trades they need to keep inventory levels up.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
We have a two bedroom condo on the market since Wednesday, offers need to be submitted by today. We've had 24 showings, with 4 more scheduled and offers are coming in 10-15% over asking price.

My Gf said when her and her ex-husband sold their house in GA in the 80's, it was two weeks before they even got their first showing. two hours after they condo hit the market, her phone was blowing up with notifications for showing requests.

We bought a cargo trailer to convert for off grid living Saturday morning since we had to leave the house for the scheduled showings anyway. We are expecting to be houseless in a few weeks.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...ern-Ave-Apt-1_Biddeford_ME_04005_M42693-87114 is the listing for the condo. Its nothing special.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Looks like the trade-in assistance was bumped up to $3,500 from $2,500 around here. I guess that means they want to help the dealers get the trades they need to keep inventory levels up.
Yup. I think there is a real perception that Carvana et al are soaking up the cherry trades, which could leave dealers with not only a dearth of new vehicles, but lots of bare asphalt in the used section as well; often the highest profit center for most dealers.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
We have a two bedroom condo on the market since Wednesday, offers need to be submitted by today. We've had 24 showings, with 4 more scheduled and offers are coming in 10-15% over asking price.

My Gf said when her and her ex-husband sold their house in GA in the 80's, it was two weeks before they even got their first showing. two hours after they condo hit the market, her phone was blowing up with notifications for showing requests.

We bought a cargo trailer to convert for off grid living Saturday morning since we had to leave the house for the scheduled showings anyway. We are expecting to be houseless in a few weeks.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...ern-Ave-Apt-1_Biddeford_ME_04005_M42693-87114 is the listing for the condo. Its nothing special.
The hottest market here is 4BR & 3BR w/ability to add a fourth in the basement. Young families looking for dedicated work from home space and/or a play room (sheesh- they'll never move out).

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
The market is insane out here! Half of CA is moving here for the lower COL and coming in driving up home prices. The house I just did last week they told me the same exact new house today is $98K more than what they paid for it and they just closed on it the week before. Mine alone has gone up 340% since I bought it and I'd love to sell and cash out but not sure on where I'd go just yet and the market is way out of control now. Rents are even worse out here so that's not even an option now.
Might be also the cost of lumber has gotten so expensive. The development I live in, the builder/owner is building 14 homes right now but has stopped taking any more orders due to the high cost of lumber. $79.00 for a sheet of exterior plywood. Crazy. The cost of building the home is over $200,000.00 more than a year ago.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When did you buy your house? I'm in North-East Phoenix - Desert Ridge. I purchased my home in 1999 and going off the $80k over asking price that an exact comp to my home, one block away, recently sold for, I am right at 340% appreciation.
Jim I bought it during the foreclosure/short sale years in 2012. I had purchased it right at the bottom of the market in 2011 but it took 11 months to close because the sellers realtor had no clue how to do a short sale. House was built in 2007 and the original owner paid $265K for it and I got it for $100K. He had put a lot of extras into it when he built it and it was spotless when I got it. The exact house as mine just sold one street away for $340K and mine has a lot more extras inside by looking at the pictures. Would love to sell and cash out now but every market it overpriced right now.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Might be also the cost of lumber has gotten so expensive. The development I live in, the builder/owner is building 14 homes right now but has stopped taking any more orders due to the high cost of lumber. $79.00 for a sheet of exterior plywood. Crazy. The cost of building the home is over $200,000.00 more than a year ago.
It's that and supply and demand here. I work for a few different realtors and they all say people from CA are coming in and not even negotiating on price, they're just offering $30K-$40K over listing and most are cash offers. Even with the inflated lumber prices it's still a good deal to them because of the housing prices in CA.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
It's that and supply and demand here. I work for a few different realtors and they all say people from CA are coming in and not even negotiating on price, they're just offering $30K-$40K over listing and most are cash offers. Even with the inflated lumber prices it's still a good deal to them because of the housing prices in CA.
We are seeing the same thing in Maine. People from Mass, CT and NY are moving to Maine in droves because of the low covid rates. They are selling their apts for millions and buying condos for hundreds of thousands, so they are pocketing the difference. Most can work remotely, do no need to stay in the cities. This winter was the mildest on record. They are telling their friends Winters in Maine aren't that bad. Market will drop once we finally get a couple normal -40 degree F days.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We are seeing the same thing in Maine. People from Mass, CT and NY are moving to Maine in droves because of the low covid rates. They are selling their apts for millions and buying condos for hundreds of thousands, so they are pocketing the difference. Most can work remotely, do no need to stay in the cities. This winter was the mildest on record. They are telling their friends Winters in Maine aren't that bad. Market will drop once we finally get a couple normal -40 degree F days.
Lol They do the same here. They all come here from Oct- March and tell everyone AZ isn't all that hot. The come June- Aug when we're at 110+ days and even at 5 am it can be 86 already they get a dose of reality. ? But like you said with most being able to work remotely now they really don't have to leave their house often so the heat won't affect them much.

That's to bad because I always loved Maine and unfortunately they're just going to ruin it like they did NH! A lot of people moved to NH years ago that were close to Boston because it was a short commute at the time and the COL was lower there. But they brought their bad habits with them and drove up the prices there now. I still cant figure out why some move to an area and want to change it from the place they're running from? :headbang:
Sponsored