First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Just think, at 30 MPG on 17 gallons the range you'd have.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
You'd have to pee or sleep before you ran out.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
You'd have to pee or sleep before you ran out.
anytime i have reset mine, it continues to change for quite awhile

to me there is a fine line for accuracy on the average.
i don't reset it daily nor monthly.
i guess i do it more seasonally than anything, so every few months i start fresh.

to me its pointless to do it from day one and never reset it.
the mileage in those first few hundred miles gives you quite a deficit on the average.
and besides.....once ive driven the miles and recorded a mileage....its history never to be repeated so why hang onto it forever?
i agree this isn’t accurate but it’s nice to see how it’s pretty efficient on the freeways at reasonable speeds. I was wondering if it resets the same way as the trips reset and then just coasted to try and keep it above 30 until I got home. It’s just fun to play with.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I reset my avg mpg and drove ten miles going 65mph. I didn’t expect to get over 30. Truck does great on the freeways when you don’t speed ?
386AC3F5-250D-496B-A083-02D84958F5FB.jpeg
10 miles is nowhere near enough to get a fuel mileage average. Maybe if you drove a steady 65 mph for a full tank it may mean something. Snap shots are just that and will always be highly variable, just set it to display instantaneous mileage and watch how it jumps around.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
You could stay on that same highway for two more hours at the same speed. That average will steadily drop. Any reset will always be higher than an full tank consumed average.

I drove through the West Texas desert. Had plenty of time to do the mpg logs on both trip meters and the mpg always decreased at half a tank and beyond.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 miles is nowhere near enough to get a fuel mileage average. Maybe if you drove a steady 65 mph for a full tank it may mean something. Snap shots are just that and will always be highly variable, just set it to display instantaneous mileage and watch how it jumps around.
I agree with you. I know it’s not what our truck can get. Just me playing around.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could stay on that same highway for two more hours at the same speed. That average will steadily drop. Any reset will always be higher than an full tank consumed average.

I drove through the West Texas desert. Had plenty of time to do the mpg logs on both trip meters and the mpg always decreased at half a tank and beyond.
What did you end up getting on those trips? Best I got on a road trip in my old 2020 ranger was like 26 mpg but it was 2wd.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I reset my avg mpg and drove ten miles going 65mph. I didn’t expect to get over 30. Truck does great on the freeways when you don’t speed ?
386AC3F5-250D-496B-A083-02D84958F5FB.jpeg
It seems like the sweet spot for good fuel economy is 70 mph or under and a steady pace. At a full tank it jumps all over the place for the first 1/8-1/4 tank but if you can stay light footed and there's no major hills you can get some good mileage out of it. It's the city stop and go that kills it!

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems like the sweet spot for good fuel economy is 70 mph or under and a steady pace. At a full tank it jumps all over the place for the first 1/8-1/4 tank but if you can stay light footed and there's no major hills you can get some good mileage out of it. It's the city stop and go that kills it!
I’m excited to take my truck out for a road trip. I have 300 miles on it and I have no ideas the fuel economy because my drive to work is under ten mins. I’ll be heading on one next weekend with an anticipate avg speed of 70 so it should be a good test for this truck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’m excited to take my truck out for a road trip. I have 300 miles on it and I have no ideas the fuel economy because my drive to work is under ten mins. I’ll be heading on one next weekend with an anticipate avg speed of 70 so it should be a good test for this truck.
It'll get a lot better too once you put more miles on it and it breaks in. I really enjoy driving this truck and taking it on long drives opposed to my Tacoma which was horrible. On our trip last year to UT I averaged 23.7 in the 1300 miles we did. There was a lot of steep elevation changes especially when we were going up to Bryce Canyon. There's also some off roading mixed into that too. I have a size larger tires and a 2.5" level so I still think it was decent mileage for that trip.

IMG_3256.jpg

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
What did you end up getting on those trips? Best I got on a road trip in my old 2020 ranger was like 26 mpg but it was 2wd.
I drove an average of 4 mph over whatever speed limit was. So never above 80mpg and was getting 19.8mpg

I use Fuelly for the record.
7428C6D2-0362-4EB0-B1F4-948578D795BF.png

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I calibrated my MPGs an when I fill up hand calculated an the display are within .3 of each other.. I filled up an jumped on the highway an set the cruise at 65 an when I got where I was going, 44 miles away, I was showing 30 mpgs. I drove home slightly faster at 67ish an it dropped to 27.

I helped my kid move over the holiday weekend an did 2 tanks in one day an cruising at 80 mph I avg'd 19 with the cover off.
Sponsored