First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Lol so it looks like you got one for the world spec and not the US Spec. My suggestion to you os contact the company you ordered from and explain the situation. Hopefully they will make thing easy and simply do an exchange for tue correct one.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I don't think I'm really gonna care if the oil drain

I'm not, I'm just gonna pull the plug and see where and how it drains and go from there. It's just a skid plate and it's under the truck. I don't really care if it's dirty underneath. But I'll see what path the oil takes and maybe make some modifications. Maybe.
Take a look at this. They also sell a detachable hose so can plumb it anywhere. It’s also protected by the plate so takes care of the problem

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...e-mail-today-for-your-ranger.1866/post-230865

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Yeah I had no idea a diff drop was part of the lift. I'm not good with 4x4 suspensions. I'm learning as I go with this truck.
I was told anything over 2.5 lift would require a diff drop or the angle of the front axles would cause premature wear and breakage.

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol so it looks like you got one for the world spec and not the US Spec. My suggestion to you os contact the company you ordered from and explain the situation. Hopefully they will make thing easy and simply do an exchange for tue correct one.
are you serious... Why the hell is ARB USA shipping this out from Florida?

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I was told anything over 2.5 lift would require a diff drop or the angle of the front axles would cause premature wear and breakage.
Yep, I didn't know cuz I had the pros do it. But I'm glad I didn't or I wouldn't have ordered the plates. Which took a beating last weekend.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Take a look at this. They also sell a detachable hose so can plumb it anywhere. It’s also protected by the plate so takes care of the problem

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...e-mail-today-for-your-ranger.1866/post-230865
The Fumoto valve? Didn't someone snap their's in half putting it on?? I'll ask my guys when I bring it to them for the next change. I really don't think I want them dropping any skids. But if they can put one if these on to make it work for the future, then that'll work.
Idk why but I've decided I'm not doing oil changed anymore. Just accessories, no maintenance shit.

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Don't forget you still got oil that's going to come out of the oil filter and get your skid plate. Also it's really not hard to just pull the plug and put it back on without stripping it.
It's actually pretty easy to get the filter off without getting oil in the plate. And I agree popping the plug off and on without stripping is simple.

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mapco

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
:curse:

gfh.PNG

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
OK someone help me out here. I ordered a skid plate that said it was compatible with my Ranger, it's ARB part number 5440200. This was the link: https://thmotorsports.com/12979496-arb-5440200

Now that I have the skid plate I'm realizing it looks different than what the OP posted and on ARB's website it lists part number 5440230 as the one for our Ranger. Did I just mess up big time? this skid was shipped from ARB USA in Jacksonville Florida... I cannot get it to fit right. What's going on?
This looks like it is for the pre 2019 Ranger. The Current Ranger Skid Plate is 5440230 ARB part number

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
Does anyone have a link for where they ordered them? I have been on ARB's website and no dice. I looked up and authorized dealer and none of them have the skids for the 2021 or am I reaching for something that isn't there yet?

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have a link for where they ordered them? I have been on ARB's website and no dice. I looked up and authorized dealer and none of them have the skids for the 2021 or am I reaching for something that isn't there yet?
Got mine from Stage 3.
Sponsored