First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I finally got around to doing a 303 Graphene coating. So that was nice.

Also I was tinkering around with ways to widen my reverse lighting capability. I kind of came up with an unconventional install by placing some spare floods pods I have in a vertical position so I could angle them at about 30 degrees outward. Tested last night worked pretty damn good. At first I thought it looked a little odd and I am still debating taking them down, but sort of growing on me. Pardon the mess of wires, I have a shipment of electrical supplies and 100ft of mesh loom coming in tomorrow.

Still working on corner mending bracket designs to close up those panel gaps. Just have not been happy with ideas so far.

IMG_20210418_124021.jpg
Your ride is at this point nothing short of an engineering marvel. Impressive stuff going on inside your head!
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Washed it after cutting and bagging the grass and taking it to the grass dump. Then took it to show my gearhead cousin who has been back and forth with cancer the past year and hasn't left the house much because of chemo, Covid, etc. He liked it and handed me a tape measure to see if one would fit in his garage (his full-size Chevy is too tall and has to sit out). It'll be close but with a shorter radio antenna like I got it might fit.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Washed it after cutting and bagging the grass and taking it to the grass dump. Then took it to show my gearhead cousin who has been back and forth with cancer the past year and hasn't left the house much because of chemo, Covid, etc. He liked it and handed me a tape measure to see if one would fit in his garage (his full-size Chevy is too tall and has to sit out). It'll be close but with a shorter radio antenna like I got it might fit.
Amazing how many of us are having to take garage size into consideration when buying our next vehicles!
Good call on hanging with your friend. I'm sure he's thankful for the company!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished installing my DIY bed divider.

83C19F1D-9415-43D7-BC7E-FD2F7BD6E832.png
DIY? Sure, if you’re a 3D printer ninja. That’s a great divider! Just the answer for the holes from those “missing” tie-downs we hear so much about. Good job!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Your ride is at this point nothing short of an engineering marvel. Impressive stuff going on inside your head!
You are too kind. My biggest problem with any idea is applying it so in the end it at least comes off looking half-way professional. I've had some really cool ideas that actually work, but were scrapped because I could not get it implemented without coming off as an 8th grader in metal shop class.

When I can't get the materials to look proper I sometimes do the sneaky trick of hiding the mess away from prying eyes. Like using solid paneling to hide something.

Everything is mechanically sound, just sometimes very very ugly.

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
I would be very interested in buying a set of brackets from you. This is genius.
Talk to me in June or July. Parts feel solid, but want to get some miles on them, take them through a car wash, and expose them to the Las Vegas summer before I offer anything to the masses. Especially for money. Would hate to sell something that only looks good and isn’t really functional. That’s just not good business.

revbevis

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew Chrome Package
Great Looking Truck!

I had a question about one of your mods . . . the visor with the garage door opener. Did you have to do any electrical work or was the wiring harness already under the headliner for the visor with the light and garage door opener. I'm guessing you purchased the Lariet sun visor w/garage door opener. I have a 2021 Ranger XLT and would like to add the visor with the garage door opener as well.

Thank You in advance for any information you have to share!
You have to tap into the wiring under the cover in the middle of the windshield, drill a hole in a support and fish wiring above the headliner to the mounting hole for the visor. There is a thread about it on here somewhere.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Today I let my Ranger smash a bunch of bugs on the windshield. It did a good job of it and tomorrow is probably a Car Wash day....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HPR Ranger Lariat
Loaded my wife's summer tires to my buddies house and changed out the winter tires on her fusion hybrid. Then enjoyed AAA rib eye steaks ( the king of steaks IMO ) on the bbq seasoned with nothing more than salt and pepper lol.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
Talk to me in June or July. Parts feel solid, but want to get some miles on them, take them through a car wash, and expose them to the Las Vegas summer before I offer anything to the masses. Especially for money. Would hate to sell something that only looks good and isn’t really functional. That’s just not good business.
I hear you and sounds good.

One thought. If you make the ends where they are open on the top where a piece of wood can slot in, It would allow for quick removal while leaving the ends bolted to the sides of the bed. Maybe a Mark II prototype?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Put some more scratches/tree scrapes on it. Nothing major. Did manage to scrape pretty good on my new rock sliders, it was hit the slider on the tree or hit the fender on the metal guard rail, I chose the smarter route.
PSX_20210417_223516.jpg
PSX_20210417_223528.jpg
PSX_20210417_223403.jpg
PSX_20210417_223540.jpg
20210417_123335.jpg

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Hadn't bought anything for the truck for a while so got some letters.
20210418_153451.jpg

Should help anyone in the passenger seat remember what kind of truck they are riding in. :)
Maybe if it warms up next weekend I'll get the grill letters put on.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Packed up some supplies and me, the wife, daughter and her boyfriend hit the outdoors for a day trip cookout.

To all you heathens; a real man eats blue cheese crumbles and bacon on his hamburger. Nothing else. Joking aside was a good day with temps in the 70's.

IMG_20210417_141116.jpg

IMG_20210417_143547.jpg

IMG_20210417_143619.jpg
How do you like that blackstone griddle? I need to invest in a cooking device for the camper and it's on my short list.

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
One thought. If you make the ends where they are open on the top where a piece of wood can slot in, It would allow for quick removal while leaving the ends bolted to the sides of the bed. Maybe a Mark II prototype?
Yeah, I’d like it to be easier to remove, something where you don’t need to break out your toolkit first. I did think about an open top design, but didn’t want to worry about the bars popping out on rough roads, off-road, or speed bumps. This just the Minimum Viable Product, something quick to gauge interest. Does it work? Technically, yes. Is it perfect? No. But does it work? Yes.

Definitely a V2 in the works (fit in somewhere between the things on the wife’s honey-do list and my other personal projects)
Sponsored