Linex Bedliner.... NEVER again.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I had mine do a horrible job, and when I called him on it he told me that it was perfect. Then I sent him pictures and got a ton of excuses (our gun wasn't working right, I cut my hand on your truck) I guess it goes that there are great installers and ones that are just pathetic.
Its the times we live in, folks want to get paid top dollar and respected in their industry even though they don't deserve it. I've been at all levels of the construction industry and when people ask me what I do for a living I just say, "I'm an adult baby-sitter."

You have to micro-manager every molecule of the 'process' you happen to be engaged in at any given moment. Then and only then am I 100% confident my expectation level will be met. Dont get me wrong there are folks I deal with that are on the same/similar level that know what I expect and 99% of the time deliver...

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
So we’re complaining about a bed liner fading in a truck?!?
Maybe this thread is not for you bro?!? I actually learned something about this subject that I did not know. I can find nothing in the rules that say that you have to read or participate in this discussion. If you're bothered by it, please feel free to hit "ignore" on the top of the page. It looks like this.
90450BE5-9E8A-446F-89F8-0EAF29C327F1.jpeg

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Maybe this thread is not for you bro?!? I actually learned something about this subject that I did not know. I can find nothing in the rules that say that you have to read or participate in this discussion. If you're bothered by it, please feel free to hit "ignore" on the top of the page. It looks like this.
90450BE5-9E8A-446F-89F8-0EAF29C327F1.jpeg
You're complaining about my post while telling me not to complain and keep scrolling, ignore or to not participate...."bro", that's called hypocrisy.

Reactions: FoD

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
You're complaining about my post while telling me not to complain and keep scrolling, ignore or to not participate...."bro", that's called hypocrisy.
Ok Francis.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
Has it been exposed to any chemicals?
I am currently going 5 rounds with Ford because ALL My door handles / bed caps / wiper cowl / fender vents / rear bumper cover plastics have faded. They tried claiming its wax, but it's not. When the truck was new and ceramic coated, all plastics were thoroughly taped off.

Reason I ask, is that any cleaning solvents left unrinsed out can soak into the material and cause discoloration.

pocket_geek

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Nerd
I've had my Line-X bedliner for about 7 months now. In that time I've hauled all kinds of stuff, bricks, gravel, garbage, metal scrap, furniture, etc... It's held up really well.
My truck lives outside, so I knew fading would be an issue. It says what coatings have UV protections and which ones don't on the website. The premium is the cheapest options with UV protection.
1598992000824.png

Mine hasn't really faded at all, as expected.

1598992055009.png

You can see in this picture it's not faded, just dirty.

I don't know what they used to spray, all I know is what they spray now and they don't claim the standard product has UV protection.

If your coating is chalky or flaking off it was probably sprayed at the wrong temperature. This stuff is supposed to be hot sprayed, around 200 degrees I think (In freedom units).

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea what level mine is or even what brand but the dealership had it done at a place locally and it cost around $500. No issues so far.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Question, I'm pretty sure my Line-X was just the standard because I had the dealer include it as part of my deal. If I want to add UV protection later is that something that can be done after the fact?

It still looks brand new and I keep it in my garage when I'm home. But if it is going to fade over the years I'd be cool with paying a bit to have UV protection added.

jmk68618

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Risk Assessment
Question, I'm pretty sure my Line-X was just the standard because I had the dealer include it as part of my deal. If I want to add UV protection later is that something that can be done after the fact?

It still looks brand new and I keep it in my garage when I'm home. But if it is going to fade over the years I'd be cool with paying a bit to have UV protection added.
Yes.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Best protection...line-x the bed, install a plastic bedliner, box on the bedliner with 3/4" plywood then carpet it.
So we’re complaining about a bed liner fading in a truck?!?
once you get a tailgate damper, what else is there to complain about?
Maybe this thread is not for you bro?!? I actually learned something about this subject that I did not know. I can find nothing in the rules that say that you have to read or participate in this discussion. If you're bothered by it, please feel free to hit "ignore" on the top of the page. It looks like this. (I removed pic to save a liitle room for smart answer :angel:)
Ok Francis.
I would have complained about the complainer complaining, but @VAMike said it best when he inferred that a damper makes you wimp out just like being married for 49 years urp...what? nothing dear, just typing a note to your mom...yes dear, right away, sorry...click ;)

EDIT: Since I had a Line-X sprayed as part of truck purchase, but after reading all this, I took a pick and tore it out then went over to Granite Rock and had them dump a ton of pea gravel in the bed, then shoveled it all out and now it looks like a bed should:eek:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Use Wipe New get your color back. Then use 303 to protect it. Wipe new works miracles on Plastics

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
Use Wipe New get your color back. Then use 303 to protect it. Wipe new works miracles on Plastics
My door handles are real dull. Coated with 303, looked great for a few days. I’ll try Wipe New. My other car’s windshield cowl was always dull and ugly looking. The Ranger has less of a surface.
Sponsored