2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Barely 8 months in, And my rangers linex is more faded than my 10 year old F150 was when I sold it. Buyers beware... If your going with Linex, upgrade to the Premium because the standard coating is not what it used to be. I wish they had told me the basic bedliner would only look good for a few months. Under the rails, tailgate and any area that didn't get direct sun still looks pretty new. Everything looks chalky and faded. Unfortunately, I guess I'll be stuck putting restore on it every six months. Hope this helps anyone looking to go linex.

99B6C49D-0F28-4229-9240-8B1B6F4FC5F0.jpeg

077DDF90-B0F1-4284-95A2-8B3B8088A1A7.jpeg
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
The way a local shop explained the process to me is that the UV-resistant material is an extra coat, sprayed over the basic material. You can probably still get the extra coat applied and restore the original appearance.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Hmm, I’ve never experienced that, than again I’ve used a Tonneau for ages, this is good info.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you don't have the UV resistant sprayed over it you could try the 303 Aerospace Protectant on it. It will bring the graying back to life on just about anything from plastic to metals so it won't hurt to try it on this too. Then either lay a bed mat in there to protect the bed area and you will only have to re-treat the sides. You could get a tonneau cover but then it might be just a costly to just have it resprayed in the long run.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Ae...8741554&sprefix=aerospace,aps,201&sr=8-1&th=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
2020FX4

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have the UV resistant sprayed over it you could try the 303 Aerospace Protectant on it. It will bring the graying back to life on just about anything from plastic to metals so it won't hurt to try it on this too. Then either lay a bed mat in there to protect the bed area and you will only have to re-treat the sides. You could get a tonneau cover but then it might be just a costly to just have it resprayed in the long run.

303 is exactly what I was going to try. They make great products. I will eventually have a shell on the back, so someday when that happens I know it will help slow the fading.
I just wanted to post the info for anyone thinking of using linex. For the money and the fact the "basic" coating looks like crap in 8 months.... That's not cool IMO.

jmk68618

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Risk Assessment
Getting Linex sprayed in has been my biggest regret of my new truck. I have had it sprayed into every truck I have ever bought, and after a poor application, and how cheap it looks/feels on the most recent application, I am with you that I will never go with Linex again. I could have a better product using the $125 Raptor Liner from Amazon.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab

https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Aerospace-Protectant-Furniture/dp/B0004ELKC4/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1261I51FZRMMW&dchild=1&keywords=aerospace+303+uv+protectant&qid=1598741554&sprefix=aerospace,aps,201&sr=8-1&th=1
I feel like I have read that the 303 Automotive Protectant is the exact same formula as the 303 Aerospace. You can buy it at a fraction of the price.

I use it, and so far I have liked it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I feel like I have read that the 303 Automotive Protectant is the exact same formula as the 303 Aerospace. You can buy it at a fraction of the price.

I use it, and so far I have liked it.
It's not the same. The Aerospace Protectant has much better UV protection. I know someone who works there for over 24 years and have asked that same question before. For a couple of bucks it's not worth skimping on it, the AP is worth every penny.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I went with Bullet Liner, and I'm *really* glad I did. It was a little cheaper than LineX, is applied in a thicker layer, and it looks as good today as the day it was installed.

OP
OP
2020FX4

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
What blows my minds is how faded it is right up to the tailgate.... but the tailgate is fine. WTF.
Local Linex installer had such a sh*tty attitude about it, I wouldn't let them apply Linex Restore for me.... Soooo disappointing.

jmk68618

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Risk Assessment
What blows my minds is how faded it is right up to the tailgate.... but the tailgate is fine. WTF.
Local Linex installer had such a sh*tty attitude about it, I wouldn't let them apply Linex Restore for me.... Soooo disappointing.
I had mine do a horrible job, and when I called him on it he told me that it was perfect. Then I sent him pictures and got a ton of excuses (our gun wasn't working right, I cut my hand on your truck) I guess it goes that there are great installers and ones that are just pathetic.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Gee I added the $495 option to my upcoming build thinking it would be worth it. I wonder if I should remove it from the order and figure out a different solution.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Barely 8 months in, And my rangers linex is more faded than my 10 year old F150 was when I sold it. Buyers beware... If your going with Linex, upgrade to the Premium because the standard coating is not what it used to be. I wish they had told me the basic bedliner would only look good for a few months. Under the rails, tailgate and any area that didn't get direct sun still looks pretty new. Everything looks chalky and faded. Unfortunately, I guess I'll be stuck putting restore on it every six months. Hope this helps anyone looking to go linex.

99B6C49D-0F28-4229-9240-8B1B6F4FC5F0.jpeg

077DDF90-B0F1-4284-95A2-8B3B8088A1A7.jpeg
I just got the stock Ford "tough bed" liner that came with the Black Appearance Package, but I lost no time in putting a Rough Country bed mat in. After about a year, the RC mat shows a lot of wear, fading, etc., basically looks like crap, and every time I look at it I think, that could have been my liner....

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the stock Ford "tough bed" liner that came with the Black Appearance Package, but I lost no time in putting a Rough Country bed mat in. After about a year, the RC mat shows a lot of wear, fading, etc., basically looks like crap, and every time I look at it I think, that could have been my liner....
That is sad to hear that your LineX liner isn't holding up. I had one sprayed in my 2005 and abused the crap out of it. It certainly didn't look new, but it did a GREAT job protecting the bed. I'm using a BedRug in my 2019 and thus far am impressed with it.

I don't know if the formulations changed or what - mine after 14 years looked a little gray but a lot of that was from all the abuse it took (dirt, gravel, barkdust, firewood, etc). I also had a bed mat in it.

OP
OP
2020FX4

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
you should change the title to be less misleading.

it should read,

"Linex Bedliner, I'll never buy the lowest end product ever again and expect it to perform like the high end product."

Obviously, you did not understand my comparison between my new linex job, and my old linex. SAME product used on both trucks. One lasted MANY, MANY years before looking like my Rangers @ only 8 months. I posted to help people who might be on the fence about spending the money on a bedliner. I also recommended upgrading to the premium product.... Geez man.

Thanks for the advice, But I'll leave the title as is.
Sponsored

Last edited: