Linex Bedliner.... NEVER again.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
you should change the title to be less misleading.

it should read,

"Linex Bedliner, I'll never buy the lowest end product ever again and expect it to perform like the high end product."
I agree. I've had Linex in every pickup I've owned and completely understood that unless I went with premium, it would fade. I still think Linex is the best bed liner made.

My Ranger came with the Ford spray liner and the quality is much less than Linex. The thickness is much less and the coverage isn't as complete .
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I Purchased a "Genuine Ford" Bedliner & My Dealer Installed it before I took the truck...I like the fact I can remove it If I want & still Have a NEW bed under it....Done this with all my trucks! Can't scrape off Spray Coating....
Check underneath once in a while. Some here have reported their drop-in liner damages the paint.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Linex but did get the premium with UV protection because any bedliner without UV added will fade very quickly. I also have a tonneau cover which helps protect. it. Honestly the durability of the Linex is second to none, they do make great spray in liners.

cocheese72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab
Occupation
IT
My local dealer offered standard for $495, and UV resistant for $595. He explained both options. Surprised your's didn't mention that.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Spray in liners are a gimmick that just stayed around. Bad- Can't remove it, still allows your bed to get dented- if it gets cut, your bed will rust. In 10 years it will look like hell if you use it. Bed liners are - Cheap, better at protecting the Bed, AND Removable and replaceable.

OP
OP
2020FX4

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer offered standard for $495, and UV resistant for $595. He explained both options. Surprised your's didn't mention that.
They forgot to mention it would look like crap in 6-8 months. lol.

OP
OP
2020FX4

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It may be soap from the car wash that never gets washed out. Thats why the tail gate looks OK.
That was the installers first excuse..... It's not possible though as it has never had soap sit in it, or not get thoroughly rinsed out.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Gee I added the $495 option to my upcoming build thinking it would be worth it. I wonder if I should remove it from the order and figure out a different solution.
I had mine factory sprayed. Have had it since June 2019 and it looks new (I do have a tonneau cover).

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I know I keep yammering on about Bullet Liner - I promise I'm not affiliated with them or anything at all... just a really really happy customer. Bullet is a substantially better product than Line X. The guy who invented Line-X sold the company, then waited out his NDA's / non-competes and then came out with Bullet. It's a newer brand/product, so you may have a harder time finding installers in your area... but it's generally cheaper, does not fade in the sun, and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Don't take my word for it, though. This installer has compiled a bunch of quotes from other customers across the internet: http://www.bulletlinerofcentralmass.com/bulletvsothers.shtml

My liner was cheaper to install than the local Line-X, and still looks brand new. I've put the bed through some abuse, and it just rinses right off and looks brand new again.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box and shut up now.

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
I know I keep yammering on about Bullet Liner - I promise I'm not affiliated with them or anything at all... just a really really happy customer. Bullet is a substantially better product than Line X. The guy who invented Line-X sold the company, then waited out his NDA's / non-competes and then came out with Bullet. It's a newer brand/product, so you may have a harder time finding installers in your area... but it's generally cheaper, does not fade in the sun, and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Don't take my word for it, though. This installer has compiled a bunch of quotes from other customers across the internet: http://www.bulletlinerofcentralmass.com/bulletvsothers.shtml

My liner was cheaper to install than the local Line-X, and still looks brand new. I've put the bed through some abuse, and it just rinses right off and looks brand new again.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box and shut up now.
So why do they offer the UV protection for an extra $100 if it doesn’t fade?

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So why do they offer the UV protection for an extra $100 if it doesn’t fade?
As far as I know, Bullet Liners do not offer an extra UV protection... the shop I went to only offered 1 product level - and it already included UV protection against fade of the shine / finish. I've checked a few other dealers, and they all appear to offer the same - 1 single top-grade product.

Can you share where you have seen a Bullet Liner dealer offering an extra $100 upgrade for better UV protection? I'd love to see what that's about.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I Purchased a "Genuine Ford" Bedliner & My Dealer Installed it before I took the truck...I like the fact I can remove it If I want & still Have a NEW bed under it....Done this with all my trucks! Can't scrape off Spray Coating....
Most people removing their drop-in liner find a scraped and rusty mess, but good luck.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Most people removing their drop-in liner find a scraped and rusty mess, but good luck.
Back in 2011 when I had my F150, I had the plastic bed liner removed and Linex installed. The truck was 8 months old and the owner of the Linex shop called me in to see the damage the plastic bed liner caused to the bed floor. It was unbelievable how much dirt and sand got under the liner and the complete destruction of the paint/primer. I vowed NEVER to use the drop-in liners again.

Don't be fooled with the assumption that the drop-in liner provides protection.

GhostStrykre

First Name
Bowen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Back in 2011 when I had my F150, I had the plastic bed liner removed and Linex installed. The truck was 8 months old and the owner of the Linex shop called me in to see the damage the plastic bed liner caused to the bed floor. It was unbelievable how much dirt and sand got under the liner and the complete destruction of the paint/primer. I vowed NEVER to use the drop-in liners again.

Don't be fooled with the assumption that the drop-in liner provides protection.
all you need to do is go to a used lot and take a look at 5+ year old trucks with bed liners. you can lift them up a little bit and they're a bit rusty under there. i'd imagine the aluminum F-150s don't have the rust problem, but the paint is beat up (but with the bedliner on, who cares, I guess). so yeah, i don't like drop ins.

Best protection...line-x the bed, install a plastic bedliner, box on the bedliner with 3/4" plywood then carpet it.
i've owned a couple sports cars that i used to work every weekend to wash and wax and keep looking nice. so i get the desire to have your stuff look nice... lol, but with that many steps there's a point where i have to stop and say, "it's a friggin truck." to each their own though.

to the OP, thanks. i was actually about to get a line-x for my truck and was gonna get the bare minimum spray in. now i'm pausing and thinking about getting that extra top coat or whatever it is (like $160 more).

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
So we’re complaining about a bed liner fading in a truck?!?
Sponsored