First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2016 Transit Connect-work rig
Occupation
Manager Proctor Ace Hardware/ Atlantic Coastal Detailing
Hey guys it’s been a while since I’ve posted! I have recently added the boomba bov adapter and 5 days ago finally uploaded my tunes from 5 star, I’ve been running around on my 93 performance tune from them all week, and all I can say is wow..... nothing but smiles since the first time I put that pedal to the floor, it feels like a completely different vehicle! Shout out to 5 star, they took care of me and the tuning process was crazy easy! If you haven’t tuned your truck yet y'all need to! The only down side now is the want to keep upgrading and seeing how much power she can make! ?
95F60E2A-BBFD-4DED-9103-EF5EE626520C.jpeg
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So tempted, just don't want to fall on the bad side the warranty Gods.
It is understandable not wanting to void said warranty. Unfortunately when you go to bigger tires you need to recalibrate the spedometer and that will be done with either a tuner or the hypertech calibrator. I myself just went with the Livernois. I personally prefer Livernois over 5 Star because the Livernois tune will automatically adjust for altitude unlike 5 Star that has to be specifically tuned for low or high elevation. Now to my understanding I dont think Livernois has a towing tune for the ranger yet(key word) but I will be finding out tomorrow.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Steeler0015

Steeler0015

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is understandable not wanting to void said warranty. Unfortunately when you go to bigger tires you need to recalibrate the spedometer and that will be done with either a tuner or the hypertech calibrator. I myself just went with the Livernois. I personally prefer Livernois over 5 Star because the Livernois tune will automatically adjust for altitude unlike 5 Star that has to be specifically tuned for low or high elevation. Now to my understanding I dont think Livernois has a towing tune for the ranger yet(key word) but I will be finding out tomorrow.
I actually debated between livernois and 5 star, no real reason as to why I went with 5 star instead, I did my research and both seem like really great companies!

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
the one thing I like about 5 star is you can purchase an extra powertain warranty to give you back that piece of mind about losing the ford powertrain one.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Does sport mode still do anything after the 5 star tune?

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I was wondering this myself. I asked the same question in their FB group and was told that Sport mode still holds revs longer and has more aggressive throttle response. However, I could swear it feels more responsive in D. IDK, it could just be my brain playing tricks.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
the one thing I like about 5 star is you can purchase an extra powertain warranty to give you back that piece of mind about losing the ford powertrain one.
Can you provide any more detail on this? This is a new warranty through 5 Star?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Can you provide any more detail on this? This is a new warranty through 5 Star?
It is either through 5Star or Stage 3. Both sites show it available. My thought on it is if tou know you are going to mash the gas at every red light then you may want to consider not getting a tune.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Sport mode makes a huge difference when running the 5Star Tune ??

Yeah it does.. Mine will light the tires up If I romp on it when it shifts into second when in S mode.

I have decided that at least for me the 93 Performance tune is a tad too aggressive for daily around town driving and went to the 5 Star 87 Daily/Tow. It sill pulls really hard if you get on it, but the shift points are less pronounced. Which is an added benefit so the wife won't accuse me of driving it too hard with her in it.

Last edited:

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
It is either through 5Star or Stage 3. Both sites show it available. My thought on it is if tou know you are going to mash the gas at every red light then you may want to consider not getting a tune.
Agreed. I was thinking more for peace of mind on regular part failures that they will now attribute to the tune. It also covers some other aftermarket parts which is a bonus.

OP
OP
Steeler0015

Steeler0015

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry i haven't been on in a few days, i honestly haven't tried it yet in sport mode, just being in regular drive is jaw dropping compared to before the tune in my opinion! Other guys have replied saying its awesome so i may just have to try it! Im a little paranoid about beating on it too much, Im also in Jax Fl as temps are reaching the 90's already and most of my driving is during the day.

OP
OP
Steeler0015

Steeler0015

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah it does.. Mine will light the tires up If I romp on it when it shifts into second when in S mode.

I have decided that at least for me the 93 Performance tune is a tad too aggressive for daily around town driving and went to the 5 Star 87 Daily/Tow. It sill pulls really hard if you get on it, but the shift points are less pronounced. Which is an added benefit so the wife won't accuse me of driving it too hard with her in it.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, i also requested 5 tunes when i purchased my tunes from 5 star, ill probably switch to my 93 daily tune here soon, . And as soon as my buddy gets his new fuel pump for his sti we're going to hop on a dyno so hopefully ill be posting wheel numbers here soon.
Sponsored