Check Engine Light - 5600 miles - Code: P02EE

Dan Root

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Turned the truck off overnight for about 20 minutes after a long drive - had a service light visible upon start. Truck running somewhat tougher than usual. Ford Dealer ran code, came up as P02EE.

“Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit”

I guess I’ll keep you all posted. Saw the TSB regarding this code and others and hoping that’s all it is. She barely saw any snow and almost no dirt yet!! :(

AAB265D9-68E7-4CB3-99A0-9E5C09C1D932.jpeg
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Turned the truck off overnight for about 20 minutes after a long drive - had a service light visible upon start. Truck running somewhat tougher than usual. Ford Dealer ran code, came up as P02EE.

“Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit”

I guess I’ll keep you all posted. Saw the TSB regarding this code and others and hoping that’s all it is. She barely saw any snow and almost no dirt yet!! :(

AAB265D9-68E7-4CB3-99A0-9E5C09C1D932.jpeg
My dealer told me last week that Ford is working on a permanent fix for the injector code. Probably replace injectors. Bret

Reactions: Doc

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Yes that has been a problem on the mustangs also.
Regards
I think the dealers are learning these new vehicles as they go,and Ford determines what dealers can and cant do as far as diagnosing and replacing parts.Techs must be frustrated with training and support. Much different now than when I worked in Lincoln /Mercury dealer in late 70's. Bret

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I have developed a surge/miss at low speed low rpm. It's usually just one or two "misses", but 3 times now it surged until it up shifted or I had to let off the gas to make a turn, like 10 seconds worth. I hope my light comes on because my dealer will do nothing without a light other than say It's normal.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I have developed a surge/miss at low speed low rpm. It's usually just one or two "misses", but 3 times now it surged until it up shifted or I had to let off the gas to make a turn, like 10 seconds worth. I hope my light comes on because my dealer will do nothing without a light other than say It's normal.
Water in fuel? Throttle position sensor? I'd start cheap and work up: try a bottle of HEET. If it turns out to be water in the fuel, Heet should clear it up. a TPS or MAP fault might have stored a code that wouldn't necessarily show up on your display or trip the CEL. My company Kenworth/Cummins INX13 will do that- no lights or msg, but when the shop guys routinely put the scanner on, it's, "look at all this s˙ˆ†!"

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I think the dealers are learning these new vehicles as they go,and Ford determines what dealers can and cant do as far as diagnosing and replacing parts.Techs must be frustrated with training and support. Much different now than when I worked in Lincoln /Mercury dealer in late 70's. Bret
Ahhh... variable venturi carbs, vacuum actuators, Lincoln Versailles...

Jwarner

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC/STX. 1998 Mustang cobra

Mine is doing the same thing only worse. Do not switch to 93 octane as this issue only gets worse and still doesn’t give engine light.
Mine is going in this weekend with the blessing of Ford corporate to do diagnostics beyond the “ their is no code”.
Call ‭(800) 392-3673‬ (be patient, they are nice but deal with a lot of jerks. Don’t be one) and get a ticket started. The more they hear about this the sooner it gets taken care of.
Mine will be in for a few days but I’ll post the findings. Good or bad.

newmantjn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
TSB 19-2320 is the most recent for this code. October 2019

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I had a different experience with changing octane - perhaps because I am in Florida and we don't switch to winter formulas. 87 octane gave me some hesitation at very low/takeoff speeds, and while 93/94 was smooth, I couldn't justify the cost. I suspect there is some 'learning' involved, but I perceive 89 octane is best all around. I did spring for a tank of ethanol free 87 (cost as much as 94) and the truck ran well (I may have imagined lss power ;-) ) and since then have switched back and forth between 87/89 with the truck behaving pretty much the same. Highway gas mileage was nearly 2 MPG better with the higher octane, but the nearly thirty cent difference per gallon is hard to justify. I haven't tested highway mileage with the 90+ octane gas, but it's such a jump in cost I can't rationalize it.

Reactions: Doc

Tyler Knutson

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I had a different experience with changing octane - perhaps because I am in Florida and we don't switch to winter formulas. 87 octane gave me some hesitation at very low/takeoff speeds, and while 93/94 was smooth, I couldn't justify the cost. I suspect there is some 'learning' involved, but I perceive 89 octane is best all around. I did spring for a tank of ethanol free 87 (cost as much as 94) and the truck ran well (I may have imagined lss power ;-) ) and since then have switched back and forth between 87/89 with the truck behaving pretty much the same. Highway gas mileage was nearly 2 MPG better with the higher octane, but the nearly thirty cent difference per gallon is hard to justify. I haven't tested highway mileage with the 90+ octane gas, but it's such a jump in cost I can't rationalize it.
I have been running 89 as well. I'm having a hard time finding forums on what fuel most people are using. Do you plan on sticking with 89? Could this potentially harm the engine since it is tuned to 87? If anyone knows the answers please feel free to let me know. I keep going back and forth about whether I should use 87 or 89.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I have an intermitting stumble/roughness at 1500 that I think possibly is a fuel injector, if one can be intermitting? No CEL, ever. 12k miles.
Runs worse on 87, best with 90. Sometimes it appears damp weather makes it worse.
Tried a tune from SCT Bulldog but no different, just went back to the factory stock tune and it’s running great. Go figure.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Dealer told me that they drove my truck and verified it, but considered it a normal charachteristic of the 10 speed, saying that it gets kind of "confused" on whether to shift or not. They didn't even hook up the diagnostic to check for codes or monitor anything. The good news is I'll save the money on the Ford protect plan I was going to purchase since I can't get anything that requires a little bit of effort fixed. No sense in paying for a warranty when everything is "normal". This is the 3rd dealer I have tried. In fairness the 2nd dealer never returned my call after being on hold for 10 minutes and leaving a "detailed message for one of their service professionals to call me back as soon as possible".

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Complain to customer service.

Fordman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4 CC
Occupation
Instrument Tech
I have an intermitting stumble/roughness at 1500 that I think possibly is a fuel injector, if one can be intermitting? No CEL, ever. 12k miles.
Runs worse on 87, best with 90. Sometimes it appears damp weather makes it worse.
Tried a tune from SCT Bulldog but no different, just went back to the factory stock tune and it’s running great. Go figure.
How is yours now is the issue still gone?
I have the same exact issue. No CEL rough around 1500rpm ususally in a gentle cruise like through town. 4 days at dealer and they did nothing except tried to blame it on Tranny and updated tranny profile. Has nothing to do with Tranny since I can lock it in 7th or 8th gear and it will still do it. Rarely I can even feel it at idle on cold start. I am very hesitant to waste my time at dealer again.

Just to follow up I contacted Ford via Chat app and asked if they could get involved and work with dealer to get this issue resolved. I was given some load of crap about the Dealers being independent and they would have to contact Ford. Dealer is stuck at the fact their is no code and they followed the only TSB to date that was a Tranny parameter dump and reset. Seems that I cant get anyone to actually diagnose the issue without a CEL.

If anyone has resolved this issue please let all of us know what was done. Very frustrating to have a new vehicle with such potential that runs like crap at lower speeds.
Sponsored

Last edited: