XLT to Lariat Headlamp Upgrade

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
The parts list for the $1,500 assemblies I see on the Ford site are with halogen bulbs. I don't see any LED anywhere? Although the illustration looks like a Lariat headlight, the bulbs listed are halogen.

edit:

To be honest, the best lighting solution is probably to leave the headlights stock and install secondary LED “driving” lights. The questions are:
  • How bad are the stock patterns
  • How good are the LED bucket patterns
  • How good are the stock buckets with HID upgrades
  • Pretty sure LED will suck in the stock buckets because LED doesn't distribute light the same as a halogen bulb, so you will get weird light scatter hither nither
In a pickup with varied loads it’s lame they don’t have leveling lights like my GTI had. Not even the Lariat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
302A package adds sliding rear window in the XLT. Still no LED headlights though.
You can add the slider as an option on any ranger.
One of many benefits of ordering.

My XL STX will be built with sliding rear window.

Arc Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL SuperCrew with STX package
Vehicle Showcase

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Anybody order and install these yet? This is the same seller I found for the Ranger Raptor grilles.

https://www.ebay.com/i/264299336764...2q1SuCIOR46K42bZeWoH9Qzqloryh5L8aAq5YEALw_wcB
Those look awesome. My question... is the projector actually LED or just the running lights? You could make a case that they can call them LED and have the projector lens portion still halogen. Also, it doesn't actually say that the truck won't throw a code when you install these. If they are fully LED and don't throw codes that is a great looking BARGAIN. Assuming they last and they don't overdrive any of the LED's.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
That was a great vid, very detailed. I bought some aftermarket headlights for my wife's Dakota and all the reviews were true, cheap junk, you get what you pay for, I have the Lariat but I would spring for these if needed. Would be cool to see a comparison between a bulb swap and the Ford led.

would be cool to see a comparison between a bulb swap and Ford left.

Old Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger XLT 4X4
That was a great vid, very detailed. I bought some aftermarket headlights for my wife's Dakota and all the reviews were true, cheap junk, you get what you pay for, I have the Lariat but I would spring for these if needed. Would be cool to see a comparison between a bulb swap and the Ford led.

would be cool to see a comparison between a bulb swap and Ford left.
How about these at Stage 3: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/D...Dynamics-Low-Beam-H11-HID-Conversion-Kit.html?

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Those are HID, I have not heard to many positives about HID. I went with a LED bulb in my 04 RoadKing and so far am satisfied with the light output, I read the HID are fragile and did not want to risk a headlight failure. Found the following just doing a search:

Xenon HID headlights, or high-intensity discharge, are a common alternative to halogen bulbs. Instead of halogen, HID headlights use another gas - generally xenon. ... These headlights are usually brighter than LEDs and halogens, but they are significantly more fragile, and they are not solid state in the same way as LEDs.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
But HID bulbs in reflector housings create too much glare for oncoming traffic and the light lost due to scatter negates any visibility gains for the driver. There are HID bulbs designed to be used in reflector housings, but then you have ballasts to add and all the wiring.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I picked up a salvaged pair for from LKQ-Keystone for $799.38 with tax & shipping from Michigan to Texas (bought thru their Corpus Christi, TX location).
No Damage, just a few light scratches that I should be able to polish out.

Lariat headlights.jpg

Last edited:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I picked up a salvaged pair for from LKQ-Keystone for $799.38 with tax & shipping from Michigan to Texas (bought thru their Corpus Christi, TX location).

Lariat headlights.jpg
800 for the pair ? Nice ! Now you can be different, like everyone else:like:

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4

Lariat headlights.jpg
Awesome grab!

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
800 for the pair ? Nice ! Now you can be different, like everyone else:like:
For the pair, yes. Lol....different, I don't have time for retrofitting anymore. Luckily I haven't seen any Lariats in town....everybody here is stuck on Tacoma.