Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If it's got the little plug by the bed then you can install this with no problems. To my understanding I have yet to see a single Ford Ranger that has the 12-volt suck itself already in the bed.
I have that option...I ordered mine with that 12v cig plug...it's located in the rear driver side under the bed liner cap access to the tie downs...
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So this part is for trucks without Ford's 12v optional plug...?
Which is essentially all of them except for some people who decided they also wanted the drop-in bedliner. For some reason ford won't (wouldn't?) let you option the plug with no bedliner or spray-in bedliner.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
You are right it is a very well made part. I tried every way possible to tighten it down but it still would still wobble. It does work very well. The directions were first rate. Must have been owner/user error in following directions! ?
Installed mine, took 5 minutes and the outlet tightened up no problem, perfect fit.

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Installed the Wolf Haus power outlet tonight. Could not get it tightened down so it wouldn't move around. Ended up having to drill 2 additional holes through the housing to fasten it tightly. Overall I am pleased with the design though.
Just curious did you keep tightening the screws after you positioned them? That is how I understood to tighten in down. Mine worked fine.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Installed the Wolf Haus power outlet tonight. Could not get it tightened down so it wouldn't move around. Ended up having to drill 2 additional holes through the housing to fasten it tightly. Overall I am pleased with the design though.
Had the same problem. Installed mine and couldn't get a tight grip. Had a little play in the opening. My solution.......extra gasket. Or one that's thicker. I talked to Wolf Haus about it. He says his power outlet was measured with a sprayed on bed liner in mind. If it's placed on a plain bed, (painted) it'll have some play. I'm surprised he's not providing an extra gasket after the talk we had. Or a thicker one.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same problem. Installed mine and couldn't get a tight grip. Had a little play in the opening. My solution.......extra gasket. Or one that's thicker. I talked to Wolf Haus about it. He says his power outlet was measured with a sprayed on bed liner in mind. If it's placed on a plain bed, (painted) it'll have some play. I'm surprised he's not providing an extra gasket after the talk we had. Or a thicker one.
Well that would explain it! Unless OP has a spray in bed liner! Sammy?

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Just curious did you keep tightening the screws after you positioned them? That is how I understood to tighten in down. Mine worked fine.
I tried tightening it as much as I could then the screws were starting to strip the threads. Backed them out and tried using the extra set that came with it and the same thing happened. That's when I decided to use my own screws and additional holes in it to hold it in place.

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well that would explain it! Unless OP has a spray in bed liner! Sammy?
Never received any gaskets to place between it and the bed side wall. I don't have a spray in liner either. With the way I installed it it won't be coming loose, it least I hope not! ?

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Curious what could have happened following the instructions? Mine installed in seconds without issue. A great addition!
Followed the instructions as printed that came with the outlet. Either way I have it installed. Ethan puts out a great product. Not everything always goes as planned. Life goes on...not losing any sleep over it.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Never received any gaskets to place between it and the bed side wall. I don't have a spray in liner either. With the way I installed it it won't be coming loose, it least I hope not! ?
It should have had at least one gasket
Well sounds like you fixed it!

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
What kind of things are you all plugging into the wolf haus plug? Does this charge for a certain time after truck is off.

GMTmin5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Ordered the V1 yesterday. Look forward to getting it!

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
Received the v1 today and it took only few minutes to install. As the instructions say the outlet does stay live for 2 hours after the truck is off. I didn’t time it but I went back out after a while and it would still charge my phone. Great product plug and play install.
Sponsored