Retired Living the Life

renewedcaper

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
For those on the fence about the Carlinkit like I am, it is on sale at Amazon today.

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I think with the coupon it was $106. I paid $94.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.29.00 AM.png
Here's what I get. Interestingly it was more expensive when I originally replied. LIke I said, within $2 of the original link above. Now it's less (but not as low as you're seeing). I like Amazon, but that's one of the things I hate about it....

1624326067247.png

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
I finally had some time to find a way for getting the new texture for the smaller phones and came up with this.

There are no more rails to keep the phone in place but the wireless charger sits on an angle and the small ledge is enough to prevent the phone from sliding around too much.

The new design still supports phones up to the size of an iPhone XR with case (158mmx77mm).

The design now supports both phone sizes and the bottom shelf can be installed either flat (for the bigger phones) or on an angle (for the smaller phones).

What does everybody think?

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg

Paul Moline

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab 4X4
I finally had some time to find a way for getting the new texture for the smaller phones and came up with this.

There are no more rails to keep the phone in place but the wireless charger sits on an angle and the small ledge is enough to prevent the phone from sliding around too much.

The new design still supports phones up to the size of an iPhone XR with case (158mmx77mm).

The design now supports both phone sizes and the bottom shelf can be installed either flat (for the bigger phones) or on an angle (for the smaller phones).

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
Much better than the rails!

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
Looks good! Now I'm tempted to buy this one too...

daveh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone who has received a tray from Dirk use a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G with an Otterbox? Will it fit?

After reading 14 pages, I am wondering about the status of the wireless Android Auto, as well. "Mid-June or maybe July" is what I recall. That's about now...?

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
Anyone who has received a tray from Dirk use a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G with an Otterbox? Will it fit?
You would need to use the bracket without rails with flat wireless charging pad since 165.1 x 75.6mm plus case would not be a "small" phone anymore. I have not tried an Otterbox case but I would guess the rubbery wireless charging pad plus textured bracket will not allow the phone to slide around very much unless you go off-roading or racing.

daveh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Engineer
You would need to use the bracket without rails with flat wireless charging pad since 165.1 x 75.6mm plus case would not be a "small" phone anymore. I have not tried an Otterbox case but I would guess the rubbery wireless charging pad plus textured bracket will not allow the phone to slide around very much unless you go off-roading or racing.
Oh no, my phone is definitely not small. It's a chonky beast. I have a love/hate with that.

I ordered my AA connector on Indiegogo, so I am good there.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

After reading 14 pages, I am wondering about the status of the wireless Android Auto, as well. "Mid-June or maybe July" is what I recall. That's about now...?
AAWireless is having shipping issues due to the chip shortage. They changed the shipping date to October for new orders. I ordered for June shipping, but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. Hoping for next month though, we will see.

daveh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Engineer
AAWireless is having shipping issues due to the chip shortage. They changed the shipping date to October for new orders. I ordered for June shipping, but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. Hoping for next month though, we will see.
Ugh, chip shortage bites again. I got the October reward. We will see is right.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Ugh, chip shortage bites again. I got the October reward. We will see is right.
I just got an update that they are expecting a shipment of 5900 units on Friday, which will cover all of the March, April and May perks that were ordered. Since they will have covered all of May, I am more hopeful I may have my perk in July. Hopefully yours will come sooner than October as well.

VengeanceWithin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
Do you have one of these plates that’ll work for a iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Sponsored