Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
@DirkM
Can you quote me a price for a tray? I can paint texture or whatever needs to
be finished. I have a couple of USB wireless charging pads for car already.
Thanks
Sponsored

ROL929

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT Systems Analyst and DIYer
Dirk, received the wireless charging bracket and charging pad. Looks and fits great. I will hardwire a 3 amp usb socket, and while I have the trim pulled apart I will install the Redarc trailer brake controller and run a USB socket up to the dash tray. I have the Lightforce switch fascia panel. I'll probably sand and paint it this weekend.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Dude
Sorry, but read the thread. Its in there!

and yes it should fit

Samuelc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I had some free time and printed more brackets (some of them are painted), I also have a few spare wireless charging pads so you don't have to order them on your own.
IMG_2640.jpeg
IMG_2641.jpeg

Please message me for details.

Samuelc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I need this Dirk. No rails, I have a galaxy s21 ultra so size would be an issue but the bottom picture looks perfect. I'm ready to pay...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everybody,

I have been working on something new, it's not plug and play though because it needs a USB-C QC3.0 plug to charge properly. What do you all think?

IMG_2715.jpeg
Hi Dirk,

Not on my radar screen, but I like your creative spirit! Kudos!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hello everybody,

I have been working on something new, it's not plug and play though because it needs a USB-C QC3.0 plug to charge properly. What do you all think?

IMG_2715.jpeg
Good idea but I will say, I have had better luck with connecting my Iphone to the truck using the Wireless Carplay (CarLink) module. When I was using the wired connection CarPlay wouldn't come up quite often. Idk if it was a Sync thing or a CarPlay thing.

I would think you would want to be an indent in the bracket or have adjustable rails so your phone isn't sliding around

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
Good idea but I will say, I have had better luck with connecting my Iphone to the truck using the Wireless Carplay (CarLink) module. When I was using the wired connection CarPlay wouldn't come up quite often. Idk if it was a Sync thing or a CarPlay thing.

I would think you would want to be an indent in the bracket or have adjustable rails so your phone isn't sliding around
This is for the iPhone 12 series only, no rails required because the iPhone will attach to the Apple MagSafe adapter and cannot slide around. It still requires a wireless CarPlay adapter just like the other bracket does.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is for the iPhone 12 series only, no rails required because the iPhone will attach to the Apple MagSafe adapter and cannot slide around. It still requires a wireless CarPlay adapter just like the other bracket does.
Derp, I didn't even notice it was a magsafe connection. In that case that sounds great.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hello everybody,

IMG_2715.jpeg
Is the shape the only difference? Or is the original design not a fast charge? Sorry if it's already been clarified.

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
The charger is the only difference. The wireless charging pad can charge up to 15W on a proper power supply and with a compatible phone. The iPhone 12 will only charge at 7.5W on QI charger though unless you use a MagSafe charger which supports up to 15W when connected to a compatible power supply. This explains it more detailed.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ranger Tremor, ‘20 Raptor, ‘14 Jeep SRT
Sent Dirk a PM a couple days ago, and I now have a new wireless charge pad ready to go in my hands today! Thanks brother!
Sponsored