RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The new Jeep has a camera washer. Who wants this crap. How about unnecessary crap delete, truck marketing engineers.
I can see the utility of it if you are going on muddy trails and using the front camera for spotting. But you are right - it is just one more thing to go bad and/or break. What did Scotty from Star Trek once say? Something along the lines of - "The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". :)
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.

Looks like Ford said "the heck with ROVP", and Ford Dealers said "the heck with PDI". :LOL:
I didn't have any issues w/ my ROVP order and my PDI was done completely by my local dealership. But I buy from a small town dealership and I'm not just a number to them I guess. Sorry to hear you have had so many problems with your purchase.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
I didn't have any issues w/ my ROVP order and my PDI was done completely by my local dealership. But I buy from a small town dealership and I'm not just a number to them I guess. Sorry to hear you have had so many problems with your purchase.

Yeah, I was really just venting. I love my Ranger. I’ve had it a little over 2 months and about 2,000 miles. No issues other than some very minor stuff such no washer fluid, and cutting corners on PDI, and the transmission shudder TSB.

I went through months of pre-order wait, ROVP promises to get retail orders ahead of dealer stock, 3 dealers, bad info about aftermarket tow package, and a horrible experience at the service department for getting the transmission TSB done at the dealer where I purchased.

I know this is a new product roll out. I guess I’m just too old and still remember the days of treating customers courteously and proactive communications. The whole mess could have been avoided with just a little basic customer correspondence. That’s a lost skill, except for a few remaining hold outs.

I’ve got all that now with a top notch 4th dealer for the service. Glad I have several choices in the Dallas area. The other three dealers were only interested in booking the order, and then I was “dead to them” until delivery time. They lost out. I’m with a good dealer now for service.

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
350 miles on the new truck. To my surprise the fluid light came on. Picked up a bottle thinking I'd top it off. I started pouring it in. And pouring it in. And pouring it in. What the heck there's a hole in my reservoir! Nope. Apparently she was just really thirsty after the long drive from Michigan.
windex.jpg

MasiJC

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Sport - Magnetic
I just refilled the washer fluid on mine 2-3 days ago.
Picked up some Rain-X @ Walmart for $3.00 and its pretty awesome.

Water now beads up on the front windshield and the rain-sensing wipers only have to do 1 or 2 passes to get rid of the rest.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I won’t use anything but the Rain-X all season. Best stuff I’ve ever come across!

Blue Power Ranger

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x2
You guys got a windshield fluid low light?

Mine was bone dry from the dealership. Went out and picked up some Rain-X to put in it. Almost took the whole jug. Never when it was empty did I get a light on the dash that it was low (or empty). Have tried just turning on the truck to see if the light would come on in the first few seconds and then turn off. None that I can see. Not that it is real important, as the amount of fluid I put in should last at least a year or so.

Now I just gotta fix that damn back seat:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/back-seat-issues.5685/

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The EPA has determined that the antifreeze type w/s cleaner pollutes the air and is causing global warming. So Ford only puts a small amount at the factory so it wont freeze on the way to the dealer. The dealer has to put the proper fluid in (no antifreeze in warm climates so you wont be causing global warming when spraying your w/s). The dealer doesnt want to get in trouble with you because they didnt put in the antifreeze type (which is hard to get and more expensive because the EPA has determined that it is causing global warming) and you drive to a cold place and your bottle freezes and breaks. So, the safe thing for the dealer to do is nothing. That way your bottle wont freeze and they havent done anything to cause global warming. :lipssealed::crazy::clock::bandit:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The EPA has determined that the antifreeze type w/s cleaner pollutes the air and is causing global warming. So Ford only puts a small amount at the factory so it wont freeze on the way to the dealer. The dealer has to put the proper fluid in (no antifreeze in warm climates so you wont be causing global warming when spraying your w/s). The dealer doesnt want to get in trouble with you because they didnt put in the antifreeze type (which is hard to get and more expensive because the EPA has determined that it is causing global warming) and you drive to a cold place and your bottle freezes and breaks. So, the safe thing for the dealer to do is nothing. That way your bottle wont freeze and they havent done anything to cause global warming. :lipssealed::crazy::clock::bandit:
no, they're just lazy/incompetent. it's no different than topping off the washer fluid when you get routine maintenance/oil change, they just didn't do it.

Blue Power Ranger

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While there may be some semblance of truth to that for people that don't live in civilization next to the Canadian border like Minnesota or Montana, I live in southern California. The coldest it gets here is mid 40's. The dealership I bought from is in southern California. No excuse as to why they didn't fill it. All a part of that "dealer prep" thing. Of the things they did choose to fill, happy that they chose to fill the gas tank, as that was $60 versus the $4 I paid for the washer fluid, but them not filling that doesn't seem so much as a cost cutting measure as it is laziness. If they didn't check something so simple and basic as that, what else did they miss?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
While there may be some semblance of truth to that for people that don't live in civilization next to the Canadian border like Minnesota or Montana, I live in southern California. The coldest it gets here is mid 40's. The dealership I bought from is in southern California. No excuse as to why they didn't fill it. All a part of that "dealer prep" thing. Of the things they did choose to fill, happy that they chose to fill the gas tank, as that was $60 versus the $4 I paid for the washer fluid, but them not filling that doesn't seem so much as a cost cutting measure as it is laziness. If they didn't check something so simple and basic as that, what else did they miss?
Hi Scot,

Did they set the tire pressures?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Blue Power Ranger

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Scot,

Did they set the tire pressures?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

No, they missed that too. Got them at 45psi cold from the dealer. Something I didn't think to check on my own, but did because I was reading this forum. I have been having handling issues when I am on the freeway between 50-60mph. It is not a "bounce" up and down motion like the people with a 4x4 are reporting, it is more of a left to right motion, kind of like a tire is getting ready to come off. Today I adjusted the tire pressure to 35psi like the sticker said it should be. Reducing the tire pressure helped a little bit, but the weird motion is still there. I have the stock 17" bridgestones on there.

I did check the oil level just to be sure that was another thing that didn't get overlooked. Thankfully I had a full oil reading. I can barely touch the brakes and they will start to stop, so I know I have plenty of brake fluid. I can see extra antifreeze in the reservoir, so I know that is taken care of. The A/C blows cold, so there should be enough freon in there.

Even though there have been multiple TSB's from back in February of 19 about the back seat of the supercrew not latching properly, and my truck was made in November, my seat doesn't latch properly.

So if it is from the factory or from the dealership, there is some distinct laziness going on. Since the dealership is the last point of contact before handing the vehicle off to the customer, I am pointing the finger at the dealership. They have the tools and the know-how to fix whatever may be wrong, they just choose not to do so.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Yeah, my tires are overinflated as well. I've been meaning to fix it but haven't gotten around to it. I probably should.
I don't think the dealers do much for predelivery. I had little washer fluid in mine as well. I think all my dealer did was half arse washed it and handed it to me.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the dealers do much for predelivery. I had little washer fluid in mine as well. I think all my dealer did was half arse washed it and handed it to me.
Hi Scot,

Lets take these one at a time. As for the handling I am leading toward having the front suspension alignment checked..this sort of behavior can be tire related but is maybe not enough caster. One thing you can do is rotate the tires and see if it makes a difference...that would indicate a tire problem. Is this problem on the same stretch of road? Is the road grooved for rain? Improper toe is also in the cards...Just check the alignment. Do not be satisfied with "its in spec"..ask to see the data sheet and if barely in spec..request the value be adjusted to nominal. If they refuse, find another dealer if that is possible.

For the rear Seat...I tried the recommended fix of removing the right hand rubber bumpers and it did not work. I removed all the bumpers, both left and right and the seat latched...I then installed the left outboard bumper and tried the latching again with success. Then added the inboard left bumper...still worked. Then the inboard right...FAIL. Remove the inboard right and installed the right outboard. Partial success when slammed hard enough to break the rear backlite. (We use lite for sidelite, backlite for the glass..just like we never use the term FireWall...it is a dash panel)..Anyway I digress... So what I did was chuck the rubber bumper for the out board in my lathe and cut it down to about half length and tried it again...It worked...then on the inboard right bumper I cut it to same length...latched but again slam, so I just deleted this bumper...now the rear seat latches without a problem.

As for Pre Delivery...Your dealer SUCKS...When you get your survey...rip the dealer up...Ford needs to know this although Ford has very little power over the dealerships...Ford can revoke the license to be Ford dealer, but I honestly have never heard of this being done..

Best of Luck to you

I am sad when the new vehicle purchase starts out no a negative note...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retried

Blue Power Ranger

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Scot,

Lets take these one at a time. As for the handling I am leading toward having the front suspension alignment checked..this sort of behavior can be tire related but is maybe not enough caster. One thing you can do is rotate the tires and see if it makes a difference...that would indicate a tire problem. Is this problem on the same stretch of road? Is the road grooved for rain? Improper toe is also in the cards...Just check the alignment. Do not be satisfied with "its in spec"..ask to see the data sheet and if barely in spec..request the value be adjusted to nominal. If they refuse, find another dealer if that is possible.

For the rear Seat...I tried the recommended fix of removing the right hand rubber bumpers and it did not work. I removed all the bumpers, both left and right and the seat latched...I then installed the left outboard bumper and tried the latching again with success. Then added the inboard left bumper...still worked. Then the inboard right...FAIL. Remove the inboard right and installed the right outboard. Partial success when slammed hard enough to break the rear backlite. (We use lite for sidelite, backlite for the glass..just like we never use the term FireWall...it is a dash panel)..Anyway I digress... So what I did was chuck the rubber bumper for the out board in my lathe and cut it down to about half length and tried it again...It worked...then on the inboard right bumper I cut it to same length...latched but again slam, so I just deleted this bumper...now the rear seat latches without a problem.

As for Pre Delivery...Your dealer SUCKS...When you get your survey...rip the dealer up...Ford needs to know this although Ford has very little power over the dealerships...Ford can revoke the license to be Ford dealer, but I honestly have never heard of this being done..

Best of Luck to you

I am sad when the new vehicle purchase starts out no a negative note...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retried

Hi Phil,

First off thank you for replying back. This forum is lucky to have your knowledge at hand.

For the handling problem, I do notice it on the same stretch of highway, although it has happened in other places as well. It is concrete that is grooved for rain, as much of the highways where I am at are. It doesn't happen when I am on asphalt, at least not that I have noticed. I don't think it is the front alignment, as much of that odd movement feels like it comes from the back of the truck, and it does steer okay and doesn't pull in any direction. Do you think a rear sway bar, or any sway bar, would help to eliminate this?

For the seat, I did my own investigation, and determined that the latch bar does not reach out far enough. Instead of grinding down or eliminating the rear bumpers, I will be adding a couple of washers to the latch bar base to give it some more profile so that it can latch. My back seat already came with one of the bumpers eliminated like the TSB tells to do, so I started off with 3 and it still didn't latch. There have been a few others that have done the washers with success, and it was the first thing to come to mind when it didn't latch without breaking anything. If that doesn't work after that, then I will resort to shaving the bumpers.

Overall I am pretty happy with my truck. Some of the things I have found wrong were because I have been reading the forum, and good thing I did. It is a far cry from my 2003 Ranger, as this is a luxury vehicle compared to that. Granted, 17 years is a long time and advancements will be made. I had planned on just fixing up my Ranger, but when the rebates came up in December, they were too good to resist. It is nice to have acceleration and a turning radius again.

When I fill out they survey - I haven't done it yet - I will be ripping them on what went on in the finance office. I was happy with the sales agent, and of course a little disappointed with the dealer prep.

Scot
Sponsored