Window tint - Rear window w/ slider

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
I paid $180 for 20% ceramic hand cut. Not one flaw. Done by a 30 year veteran tinted in about 1 .5 hours in his garage on the wrong side of town.

Computer cut means all cuts fit all and we all know nothing on the ranger fits right. Which by default would mean it’s unlikely that any 2 are precisely alike and hand cutting would be a given. If it’s a high dollar shop they put the new guy on your truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dairychuk

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
I paid $180 for 20% ceramic hand cut. Not one flaw. Done by a 30 year veteran tinted in about 1 .5 hours in his garage on the wrong side of town.

Computer cut means all cuts fit all and we all know nothing on the ranger fits right. Which by default would mean it’s unlikely that any 2 are precisely alike and hand cutting would be a given. If it’s a high dollar shop they put the new Imgur on your truck.
Does your rear window look like mine?

Fair point on the computer cut, however, two members replied with their rear window tint jobs on this thread and they look near perfect, possibly computer cut? if not very precisely hand cut, which mine was CLEARLY not.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
I can find no edges on mine but it’s also pitch black out with an icy wind blowing and I’m laying in bed so not taking pics tonight. Maybe tomorrow when I’m painting the grill and installing the dash cams

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Stand outside the back window. Can you see it without really looking? And you know where it’s at. Now can other people who don’t know see it? Then what’s it matter?
It matters because the customer paid to have it done correctly not half assed. Do the job correctly or dont accept the job and services you are providing.
OP has every right to be unhappy with the work that was done

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet

Computer cut means all cuts fit all and we all know nothing on the ranger fits right. Which by default would mean it’s unlikely that any 2 are precisely alike and hand cutting would be a given. If it’s a high dollar shop they put the new guy on your truck.
The guy that did my ranger did the computer cut. When he did my '05 Focus ST he hand cut it. No difference in the result. I asked him why he went to machine cut an he said when he had assistants working for him they'd go through too much film replacing whole pieces because of a bad cut. With the laser cut he can also pre cut before the car arrives an save time an get more jobs through. He's booking a month out right now in Ohio so he does quality work.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
The guy that did my ranger did the computer cut. When he did my '05 Focus ST he hand cut it. No difference in the result. I asked him why he went to machine cut an he said when he had assistants working for him they'd go through too much film replacing whole pieces because of a bad cut. With the laser cut he can also pre cut before the car arrives an save time an get more jobs through. He's booking a month out right now in Ohio so he does quality work.
Where you go in Ohio? Columbus area?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Where you go in Ohio? Columbus area?
I'm In Lorain west of Cleveland. The guy everyone I know uses started doing tint in high school for himself an his friends. His shop is in Vermillion. He used to go to your house or work out of a stereo shop before he got the revenue to get space. Now he does vinyl lettering and paint protective film, vinyl wrapping.

OP
OP
Dairychuk

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
One more favour, could you take a picture of how far your tint covers your side windows when they’re rolled down?

thanks

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
One more favour, could you take a picture of how far your tint covers your side windows when they’re rolled down?

thanks
That's the best picture I could get in the garage, the flash made it worse. The tint is right up to the window edge with maybe a 1/16th of glass showing.

IMG_4911.jpg

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Hopefully they remove the tint correctly and don't utterly destroy the defroster grid.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
What %? Looks really good. Same all 5 windows?
Yes sir. 20% all the way. Super nice company and two guys run it out of a commercial building in Temecula, CA.

And thank you for the compliment .. it really does look amazing in person. Many people have commented on the tint alone when at gas stations or parking at grocery store. ???
Sponsored