First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Just wondering from you expert tint folks if you can tell me if there are brands to use and or steer clear of? Thanks!!
Sponsored

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Suntek is excellent quality product.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just wondering from you expert tint folks if you can tell me if there are brands to use and or steer clear of? Thanks!!
Probably my biggest wish list item is window tint (I live in Phoenix, AZ). When I do this, I want to do it right. I look forward to hearing what y'all have to say about the tint options.

Dubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab
Occupation
Engineer
I had a really good expirience with Llumar FormulaOne Stratos in my previous car. I am going to have it installed on my Ranger soon. It's pricey, but the heat rejection is unbelievable. I could leave my car out in the Florida sun with a sun shade and it would be just "warm" on the inside with Stratos. If heat rejection is important then I would highly recommend it, if you can find someone in your area to install it. FormulaOne Pinnacle also seems like a good choice, but I don't have firsthand expirience with it.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Probably my biggest wish list item is window tint (I live in Phoenix, AZ). When I do this, I want to do it right. I look forward to hearing what y'all have to say about the tint options.
Check out Shane’s tint and clear bra in NW Phx,you won’t be disappointed.
He and his wife do all my vehicles.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I had a really good expirience with Llumar FormulaOne Stratos in my previous car. I am going to have it installed on my Ranger soon. It's pricey, but the heat rejection is unbelievable. I could leave my car out in the Florida sun with a sun shade and it would be just "warm" on the inside with Stratos. If heat rejection is important then I would highly recommend it, if you can find someone in your area to install it. FormulaOne Pinnacle also seems like a good choice, but I don't have firsthand expirience with it.
I second this. I did some research and ended up with this. I'm very happy with it. The truck doesn't stay cooler than whatever the outside temp is when parked in the sun, but it's definitely not roasting hot like it used to be. What I like best about this type of tint is that your left arm and leg don't get hot at all if driving for a long time with the sun shining on them.

OP
OP
soccer26fan

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
I have decided to go with the 3M and am including the clear on the front windshield. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks y’all!!

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I used to tint vehicles and my preferred tint was Llumar ATC. The quality and look was excellent for the price. Now days, "ceramic" window films are the thing, but in my opinion, the color is a little on the blue side. Xpel window films are also really good, but they are also newer to the market, so I'm not completely sure on Xpel's longevity.

OP
OP
soccer26fan

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Thanks for the info!

Willy Bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
LLumar tint for me. Front sides at 35%. Back sides and back at 15% with 5% front strip. The 15% in the back cuts out enough light to make the 35% look equal from the outside and it's legal in Georgia
Sponsored