Who is planning less mod’s on their Ranger?

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I am running out of things to do to my truck. I have a Prinsu rack in my garage ready to be installed and a 40" lightbar to mount to it. After that, I don't know that I have anything else. Oh maybe bumpers? And ...
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I hope all of you are keeping employed and not losing it all (investments and retirement) as a result of the current global economy… with that said, have any of you decided to hold off on larger mod’s on your Ranger this year? Maybe you’re a bit nervous from past mods when we weren’t dealing with such high inflation and uncertainty?

Currently, I’m not worried about past choices, but I am planning on easing off of new mod’s.

I was going to get a new exhaust this year, get a EZlift Nomad tent and front Bilstein 5100s. The only thing I plan on doing still is getting my front windows tinted, and I’ll call it a day. So far our family isn’t suffering, I hope yours doesn’t either.

Oh, and if you feel like listening to a moderate anti establishment news source, I’ve been listening to Breaking Points with Krystal and Saegar on Spotify. So far it seems to be good for me. I stopped watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. years ago.

Peace ✌?
I have slowed down on mods, but only because I have done pretty much everything (leveling lift, tune, tires, lights, etc.) that I needed or wanted. I may add a leaf pack (Tremor-style or Icon) down the line to smooth out the ride a bit more, but there is no hurry about that. The wife has retired at seventy with full Social Security and a decent (and diversified) investment portfolio, and I am still working full time (at sixty-eight), so we are not worried about ourselves in this economy, though I hope (and believe, given experience) that things will pick up soon for the benefit of all concerned.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I'm cool with anyone modding their truck as much or as little as they like. If you are making the payments on it, then who am I to judge.

Having said that, the truck is a tool for me. If it doesn't do what I need it to, or if something breaks, I upgrade. Otherwise stock is good. Will do fine.

Tires didn't do what I wanted, so I upgraded.
Shocks are sub par but when they go, I'll upgrade.
Truck didn't come with a two way radio, so I added one (Ham / GMRS)
There was a liability to the intercooler up front so I added a Putco Lower Grill Guard
Sun was too shiny - Tinted windows.

I keep playing with a bed cover or tool box of some sort. But they are expensive and don't really do what I want without trade offs.

I need to add some sort of firearm management system to keep one handy but concealed and out of the way.

Maybe upgrade fogs at some point to better driving lights.

That's about my list of mods.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Slowing down but thats only because I have done everything I had planned on doing since buying out my lease. Just waiting for my sliders to be built. Waiting...waiting...waiting....

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I'm cool with anyone modding their truck as much or as little as they like. If you are making the payments on it, then who am I to judge.

Having said that, the truck is a tool for me. If it doesn't do what I need it to, or if something breaks, I upgrade. Otherwise stock is good. Will do fine.

Tires didn't do what I wanted, so I upgraded.
Shocks are sub par but when they go, I'll upgrade.
Truck didn't come with a two way radio, so I added one (Ham / GMRS)
There was a liability to the intercooler up front so I added a Putco Lower Grill Guard
Sun was too shiny - Tinted windows.

I keep playing with a bed cover or tool box of some sort. But they are expensive and don't really do what I want without trade offs.

I need to add some sort of firearm management system to keep one handy but concealed and out of the way.

Maybe upgrade fogs at some point to better driving lights.

That's about my list of mods.
Highly recommend the dd amber pro fogs. My fav mod so far. They are awesome, just make sure you follow the instructions on adjusting them so you do not blind anyone. Also a serious pita to install but worth it.

Elgorr4

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Just chiming into say the it should be FEWER mods, not less mods.

In my budget vehicles are sadly in the expense category. To minimize that expense, I like to spend as little extra money as I can on them. I admire and dream about doing some of the mods I see on this forum, but basically every single one hurts fuel economy and doesn't increase the vehicle's utility for me. That being said, to protect my expensive vehicle I have spent money on seat covers, floor mats, and a catch can. I also have added a TBC and cheap tonneau cover to massively increase utility for me. I have no further plans to mod my truck, but when the shocks eventually wear out I will be comparing costs to some aftermarket options.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I'm trying to do as little as possible, because I want to order the Ranger Raptor once orders open up.

There are some quality of life mods I've made, like the Livernois tune.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
Mine is paid off, but I'm almost done with mods. Mainly waiting for some aftermarket tail lights, and a tune then I'll be pretty much done. Maybe an engine swap, IDK I'll play it by ear.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Me!

I have the Ranger where I like it, and I can pull my trailer for my Mustang Resto.

Only did a few things in comparison to the Bronco, so now it's back to the Original White Horse.

I'll be over at VMF'ers if you need me.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I hope all of you are keeping employed and not losing it all (investments and retirement) as a result of the current global economy… with that said, have any of you decided to hold off on larger mod’s on your Ranger this year? Maybe you’re a bit nervous from past mods when we weren’t dealing with such high inflation and uncertainty?

Currently, I’m not worried about past choices, but I am planning on easing off of new mod’s.

I was going to get a new exhaust this year, get a EZlift Nomad tent and front Bilstein 5100s. The only thing I plan on doing still is getting my front windows tinted, and I’ll call it a day. So far our family isn’t suffering, I hope yours doesn’t either.

Oh, and if you feel like listening to a moderate anti establishment news source, I’ve been listening to Breaking Points with Krystal and Saegar on Spotify. So far it seems to be good for me. I stopped watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. years ago.

Peace ✌?
Less Mods???....BLASPHEMY!!!! You must at least put on the tailgate dampener.
Sponsored