Who is planning less mod’s on their Ranger?

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I hope all of you are keeping employed and not losing it all (investments and retirement) as a result of the current global economy… with that said, have any of you decided to hold off on larger mod’s on your Ranger this year? Maybe you’re a bit nervous from past mods when we weren’t dealing with such high inflation and uncertainty?

Currently, I’m not worried about past choices, but I am planning on easing off of new mod’s.

I was going to get a new exhaust this year, get a EZlift Nomad tent and front Bilstein 5100s. The only thing I plan on doing still is getting my front windows tinted, and I’ll call it a day. So far our family isn’t suffering, I hope yours doesn’t either.

Oh, and if you feel like listening to a moderate anti establishment news source, I’ve been listening to Breaking Points with Krystal and Saegar on Spotify. So far it seems to be good for me. I stopped watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. years ago.

Peace ✌?
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I hope all of you are keeping employed and not losing it all (investments and retirement) as a result of the current global economy… with that said, have any of you decided to hold off on larger mod’s on your Ranger this year? Maybe you’re a bit nervous from past mods when we weren’t dealing with such high inflation and uncertainty?

Currently, I’m not worried about past choices, but I am planning on easing off of new mod’s.

I was going to get a new exhaust this year, get a EZlift Nomad tent and front Bilstein 5100s. The only thing I plan on doing still is getting my front windows tinted, and I’ll call it a day. So far our family isn’t suffering, I hope yours doesn’t either.

Oh, and if you feel like listening to a moderate anti establishment news source, I’ve been listening to Breaking Points with Krystal and Saegar on Spotify. So far it seems to be good for me. I stopped watching CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. years ago.

Peace ✌?
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!! Pretty sure Reagan signed a law that says though shalt not stop modifying the Ranger!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nope It never ends and I just bought and installed Eibach 2.0's and a few other small items. We're still going on our month long trip even though gas is almost doubled what it was when we planned it. My investments are still doing well because I move them around in good times and bad times. You should never park them in one spot!

OP
OP
Strobes

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Nope It never ends and I just bought and installed Eibach 2.0's and a few other small items. We're still going on our month long trip even though gas is almost doubled what it was when we planned it. My investments are still doing well because I move them around in good times and bad times. You should never park them in one spot!
That’s good! Yeah I’m in my thirties and lost everything in 2008 (prior to marriage) and am on disability, so I haven’t lost anything yet. Just being cautious, because I know my wife doesn’t keep track of this shit! ??‍♂

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s good! Yeah I’m in my thirties and lost everything in 2008 (prior to marriage) and am on disability, so I haven’t lost anything yet. Just being cautious, because I know my wife doesn’t keep track of this shit! ??‍♂
It's wise to be cautious as to many have reckless spending habits. You know the $7.00 Starbucks every morning and the latest smartphone every year yet they swear they'll never be able to retire and everyone else is rich. lol Sorry I don't mean to rant but I've seen this way to often.

Best advice is get yourself a good financial advisor even better if they're a fiduciary because then they'll (hopefully) have your best interest at heart and not theirs. Have several different "buckets" investments and add to them whenever you can, even if it's only a few dollars here and there as it adds up. Over time you'll be amazed how much is in there by just skipping that coffee out every morning. You're lucky as you're still young so time is on your side. Unlike some of us that are...ahem a little older. :frown:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
It's wise to be cautious as to many have reckless spending habits. You know the $7.00 Starbucks every morning and the latest smartphone every year yet they swear they'll never be able to retire and everyone else is rich. lol Sorry I don't mean to rant but I've seen this way to often.

Best advice is get yourself a good financial advisor even better if they're a fiduciary because then they'll (hopefully) have your best interest at heart and not theirs. Have several different "buckets" investments and add to them whenever you can, even if it's only a few dollars here and there as it adds up. Over time you'll be amazed how much is in there by just skipping that coffee out every morning. You're lucky as you're still young so time is on your side. Unlike some of us that are...ahem a little older. :frown:
Amen!

OP
OP
Strobes

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

I only buy one or two coffees a month (drip) I brew 60oz every morning.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I'm now a bit nervous about doing a lift + bigger tires with gas prices whereas I wasn't a year ago. Also, I can't actually afford it right now lol.

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Im with Dave. I still plan on taking my 4000 mile road trip this summer. If I want something I make sure it is within my budget without touching my savings.

I've made and lost a large savings in my early 20s due to bad financial advisor. I just doubled down, worked three times as hard and picked myself up. None of us know about tomorrow so why worry?

Of course I live well within my meager means so that too helps. And I'm quite handy and cheap so I save a ton of money on paying for work to be done by doing it myself lol. I built my house myself which saves a ton of money. This also means my 21 ranger cost more than my modest home I built in 2013 ???

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I'm now a bit nervous about doing a lift + bigger tires with gas prices whereas I wasn't a year ago. Also, I can't actually afford it right now lol.
If you know you can't swing it now, then don't...an expensive mod it not worth getting into debt over. Enjoy what you have, put away a bit every week, let it grow, pretty soon you can pay cash for that lift or bigger tires.
Like Dave, I have several accounts, but have been putting away since I was in the service, 1967, and even thru the years, raising kids, paying for college, we have always been able to put a bit aside.
It has grown to the point that we are comfortable.
Do without now, for a bit, put away a bit for later. Trust me, there are much more important things coming down the road for you younger people, than buying tires and lifts and going into debt over them.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I'm thinking I'm kinda "over" modifying the hell out of my daily driver.

It was all I cared about for the first decade of having my license.. but now that I'm older I can afford to have dedicated toys to modify and play with.. they suck up all my play money.

That being said, I do have a level and 32" mud terrains. I wouldnt mind installing some driving lights as I feel like the factory high beams aren't always good enough for where I live.. and I think my next set of tires will be 33" all terrains.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I'm thinking I'm kinda "over" modifying the hell out of my daily driver.

It was all I cared about for the first decade of having my license.. but now that I'm older I can afford to have dedicated toys to modify and play with.. they suck up all my play money.

That being said, I do have a level and 32" mud terrains. I wouldnt mind installing some driving lights as I feel like the factory high beams aren't always good enough for where I live.. and I think my next set of tires will be 33" all terrains.
I like how you pivoted from "I'm over this" to "well, actually..." :wink:

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I like how you pivoted from "I'm over this" to "well, actually..." :wink:
Hahaha yeah... I really have cut WAY back though.

My last super modified car cost me 9k and I pretty much matched the purchase price with mods in a year and a half.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
One way I keep my monthly expenditures down is to track each expense for the month. I have a spreadsheet that starts with my income for each month and reduces as each expenditure is entered. At any given time, the exact remanding balance left for the month can be viewed. With this can analyze what has already been spent for the month and project how to spend for the rest of the month. This gives some peace, especially during this shaky economy.

This won't be for everyone (not all areas can receive over the air signals), but I don't have cable, satellite or any TV service. This helps me to spend less time watching than I should and saves some bucks. Have about 69 channels with an over the air rooftop antenna and free Xfinity Flex with my Internet. Don't feel a lack for things to watch.

Never thought 5g would have a thread on financial information :crazy: but really the versatility makes it very interesting! :inspect::inspect::inspect:
Sponsored

Last edited: