First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I need to know where to wire my garage door opener to. I want it to have power only when the key is on and I want the lights to work with dash lights only, not all the time. Any help would be appreciated! TIA
Sponsored

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
2 questions (because wiring that is kinda a pain). Is it not just a battery operated FOB? Does it work with the built in control system (if your truck has it)?

OP
OP
Buddybiro

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
2 questions (because wiring that is kinda a pain). Is it not just a battery operated FOB? Does it work with the built in control system (if your truck has it)?
It is a built in homelink unit from another vehicle, it operates all on its own without any other parts. I an using it now from a 9 volt battery but I want to wire it in. I know I can run a wire down to the fuse box and hook it to a fuse that is only hot with the key. My biggest concern is the wire that lights up the unit I want to work with the dash lights so the lights are not always on. There are five wires in the overhead console. One is for the dome and map light,I’m not sure of the other three.
Sponsored