tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
My F150 was letters in, this truck I prefer letters out. But not all letters are the same.
In your case I believe the letters are too big and bold. I’m going letters in.
Sponsored

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Well.. except for BFG Radial T/A's ... I have them on my '69 Camaro. Nothing removes the brown hue.

002.JPG

Barn Find 1969 Camaro.JPG
Hey John,

That is one sweet '69! Love the color and wheels!

RE: white lettering on the T/A's.... have you ever tried powdered Comet and plastic scrub brush? I had T/A's on my '70 Chevelle and '80 Z/28 and the powdered Comet kept those tires looking brand new! (that's what I currently use on my BFG KO2 as well)

Cheers!
?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Hey John,

That is one sweet '69! Love the color and wheels!

RE: white lettering on the T/A's.... have you ever tried powdered Comet and plastic scrub brush? I had T/A's on my '70 Chevelle and '80 Z/28 and the powdered Comet kept those tires looking brand new! (that's what I currently use on my BFG KO2 as well)

Cheers!
?
I've tried everything.. including the Comet. Westley's Bleche White doesn't even change it.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
to each His own desires, but I always put white out.
0524201557.jpg

Phil Howell

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
4x4 Journalist
White-letter tires have a complete layer of white behind the black sidewall. Because of this, if the truck's going to be in abrasive rocks or even experience extensive curb rubbing, ultimately the tires will turn into whitewalls. This happened to me more times than not while 'wheeling with white letters out over the years. Now, I choose BSW out and will do that on my new 2020 Ranger FX4 Supercrew.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
White-letter tires have a complete layer of white behind the black sidewall. Because of this, if the truck's going to be in abrasive rocks or even experience extensive curb rubbing, ultimately the tires will turn into whitewalls. This happened to me more times than not while 'wheeling with white letters out over the years. Now, I choose BSW out and will do that on my new 2020 Ranger FX4 Supercrew.
Hi Phil,

In my time at Ford, this was correct...every tire was made where the white could be exposed by a wire brushing operation. What you experience is verifying this fact, even today as my info was 15 years old. This makes sense as the manufacturing process for tires would costly to have different tire layup/molding processes.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
1596510618245.jpeg

I like the look! I’m headin’ out to rub curbs all night in my Ranger! ?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I noted for "White Letters In" when this thread first came out but decided to upgrade from the stock OWL Hankook tires to BSW Falken Wildpeaks. (Please don't tell me that they are going to turn white on me the first time I brush against something!)

IMG_3308.JPG

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Just ordered Grabber ATX in the 265/70-17 and dang, I can't decide on letters out or in. Looking at pics, certain tires like the BFG look better out to me and I'm usually a white letters out, but I'm thinking I like the Generals better with black walls. :facepalm:

Last edited: