First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
I should add that I thought the terrain modes were super gimmicky but the Trail Control is actually kind of cool.

Also we can't figure out how to turn the parking aids off yet -- I'm sure its burried somewhere we just haven't found yet. So annoying to be negotiating a tight section and having the truck binging at you.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I should add that I thought the terrain modes were super gimmicky

Also we can't figure out how to turn the parking aids off yet -- I'm sure its burried somewhere we just haven't found yet. So annoying to be negotiating a tight section and having the truck binging at you.
There's a button on your console that you push to turn them off. Depending on your packages, the number of buttons and size may vary, but the button is the same:

SgvNqNy.png

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
There's a button on your console that you push to turn them off. Depending on your packages, the number of buttons and size may vary, but the button is the same:
Duh! I was looking through all the options in the Settings Menu and here there is a BIG OLD FASHIONED BUTTON sitting right there in front of me.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What!!??? To be continued...!!!???
He got to a washout, built a berm of branches/stones/plastic ramps and is about to go for it, dumb or genius, and 'end of story'???
To be continued.
That's not fair.
Hit him up...he's a member here...

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Tin Cup Pass, CO:
20200801_102417.jpg

Kenosha Pass, CO (until the trail runs out)

Kelly Flats, CO (bring a friend just in case)
20200607_135805.jpg

Skid plates may not appear stock when you're done but no real damage done! :like:

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
You guys are great!

But I just can’t see taking a brand new truck and doing what you guys are doing to it. I mean if was a very wealthy, sure no problem. But for my everyday vehicle that I am still paying on, no way.

I do a lot of motorcycle track days/ amateur racing and I run across folks who have brand new financed motorcycles out on the race track all the time and just scratch my head.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
You guys are great!

But I just can’t see taking a brand new truck and doing what you guys are doing to it. I mean if was a very wealthy, sure no problem. But for my everyday vehicle that I am still paying on, no way.

I do a lot of motorcycle track days/ amateur racing and I run across folks who have brand new financed motorcycles out on the race track all the time and just scratch my head.
Now don't worry your purdy little self. I'm sure they are willing to pay to play.

Deleted member 1634

You guys are great!

I always figure what do I have it for if not for using. If I'm paying for it I might as well get my money's worth out of it and use it for what I got it for. And I'm definitely doing that. A couple scrapes, scratches, and bangs here and there is just part of a vehicles life.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
You guys are great!

Believe me I got some funny looks on the trails, but that's what I bought it for - to take the family to places we couldn't otherwise get to.

Worth every scratch...

kaveman92

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Healthcare
Death Valley NP, CA:
Lippincott Road (easy, with a short technical rock crawling section. no skid hits)

Sedona, AZ:
broken arrow trail (handful of skid plate hits)
van deren cabin trail (no problem)

Colorado passes:
Imogene pass (maybe brushed the skid once or twice, straightforward)
Black Bear Pass (dicey. took a few heavy skid hits)
Ophir pass (cakewalk)

on none of these did we come even close to getting stuck (never used diff, didnt use traction control, wasn't spinning wheels, etc). wheelbase was not a problem. a little more clearance would have made broken arrow and black bear pass far more comfortable.
You can add Cinnamon Pass in Colorado (also a cakewalk) to that list and can confirm Ophir pass countless times in both directions

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
You guys are great!

well, i guess im not doing anything i think will *break* the truck, but for sure there is going to be some dings and scratches.

plus its the XL. no lariat trim for us;)

actually we did want to buy a used truck, initially, but we literally could not find a used ranger suitable for us when we were on the market. so it is what it is. my wife and i agreed that we were going to drive this truck like we were the last owners. not holding back just to keep the resale value up, which i guess is a function of us being financially stable, and we are lucky in that respect. which is partially a function of us not having the usual things to spend money on (other cars, a house, kids, drug problem, etc;)
Sponsored