Where to sell my 2020 Ranger

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
I sold my flooring business and decided to sell my 2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4 Supercrew. It has 29,600 miles and I want to get good money for it so I’m willing to offer it nationwide, not just in western North Carolina. Carvana is offering $32K but I want at least a few thousand more. What sites have worked for you?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I sold a Subaru thru Carvana and got way more than I thought it was worth, but that was almost 2 years ago during the vehicle shortage.
Now the used vehicle market seems to have caught up with demand, so prices have come down.
You may have to sell for less than you think it's worth. Try looking on-line, like auto trader, to get an idea what your Ranger is worth.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I sold my flooring business and decided to sell my 2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4 Supercrew. It has 29,600 miles and I want to get good money for it so I’m willing to offer it nationwide, not just in western North Carolina. Carvana is offering $32K but I want at least a few thousand more. What sites have worked for you?
Considering you can get a brand new one for $40k that offer is pretty good. Not sure what you paid for it but if you bought when the deals were good 32 might not be so bad.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Considering you can get a brand new one for $40k that offer is pretty good. Not sure what you paid for it but if you bought when the deals were good 32 might not be so bad.
$40K for a '23 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4? Where? Base MSRP is $40,945, so I suppose if you had zero add ons. If you add the Sport package like he has, you're up to $45,985, with destination and prep fees. But, I agree with others, $32K seems like a fair offer.

Last edited:

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Sold my wife's car to carvana last year and they were higher then others. Great experience and only took 15 minutes after the carrier arrived. I understand now used pricing is starting to drop with the interest rates rising on used. Get quotes from all the online dealers as a starting point because usually they are hard to beat unless you can get a great trade deal. Definitely try to move it before the factory warranty expires. My wife has listed vehicles for me on Marketplace and that's a waste with all the tire kickers just looking to waste your time taking test drives and low balling you wasting valuable time.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
$40K for a '23 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4? Where? Base MSRP is $40,945, so I suppose if you had zero add ons. If you add the Sport package like he has, you're up to $45,985, with destination and prep fees. But, I agree with others, $32K seems like a fair offer.
Yeh the 40k lariets were only 2wd. The 4wd ones seem to start at 45k. Just did a quick Google search. Could have defaulted to my local area too.

OP
OP
DapperDean

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
I forgot to mention that it has about every option plus I put a $1500 WeatherTech trifold hard tonneau cover on and $1100 worth of AT tires on it. The tires were put on December first.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
I forgot to mention that it has about every option plus I put a $1500 WeatherTech trifold hard tonneau cover on and $1100 worth of AT tires on it. The tires were put on December first.
Accessories and add ons in general add about $0 extra unless you are selling to a private party that has an interest in those specific items.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
It's been my best experience that noting beats a For Sale sign in the window and sit it an the end of your driveway. No one's going get the price you want for it except you.
I wouldn't take into consideration the accessories, I'd be looking at what you still owe the bank.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Accessories and add ons in general add about $0 extra unless you are selling to a private party that has an interest in those specific items.
Agreed. To quote my father "You can dip a Geo Metro in 24K gold, and you've still got a Geo Metro".

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
You can try CarMax, Driveway or TrueCar. With interest rates still high on used vehicles the affordability index is lower so unless you have a cash buyer the simple truth is your truck is worth less than last year’s unsustainable peak. You can’t compete with new truck incentives.

An old wise car broker once told me…
“There is an ass for every seat’”, then he followed up and said “ your vehicle is worth what someone or organization is willing to write a check for, not one penny more”

Be patient, good luck and let us know the final outcome.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
It's been my best experience that noting beats a For Sale sign in the window and sit it an the end of your driveway. No one's going get the price you want for it except you.
I wouldn't take into consideration the accessories, I'd be looking at what you still owe the bank.
All that time it's sitting you will have to pay insurance especially if there is a banknote. Also need it for test drives and plates. I see he's in NY and vehicles over a certain value come with a used car lemon law from a dealer and not private sale so that can affect the price a bank will finance if the buyer doesn't have cash.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There is a forum member, Carmigo that proclaims to help you get the best price for your truck..

best,
Phil

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
There is a forum member, Caramigo that proclaims to help you get the best for your truck..

best,
Phil
Was just going to say the same thing.

This sounds like an excellent test case for @carmigo . Give them a try and let us know how it turns out!