Where’s your dog?

Deleted member 1634

Ya he's a blue healer. Awesome agility dog...he's all muscle and can jump about 7-8 feet from a stand still
Yep, definitely all muscle. haha When she sees a squirrel or something on our walk, she'll get into her powerwalk stance of solidly planting every foot on every step and you can just see the muscles everywhere. haha

And jumping has also been an issue. She's the reason I've had to keep extending our fence higher and higher. Super smart too, so after a few months she'll find the next way of escaping. haha Charlie, our other dog, is the reason I've had to keep extending the fence deeper into the ground, because he's a digger and not a jumper. So basically we can't win. haha

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Kya and Chika at home at 7,400' in the Jemez Mountains. Both of these girls are rescue dogs so we can not rule out mountain goat parentage.

Most roads are not just this steep, but you can see why 4x4 is essential here

Mountain Dogs.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
He's a little bigger then last time I posted him on this thread. He's awesome though but is still getting car sick.............

IMG_2149.JPG
Give it some time. Our puppy got carsick when he was little but outgrew it. He loves riding in the truck now.

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
Give it some time. Our puppy got carsick when he was little but outgrew it. He loves riding in the truck now.
I sure hope so. He is the perfect dog other then that. I know it pretty common when they are young and he is only 8 months.

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
20190330_102309.jpg

My GSD Bella. Got her a year ago as a rescue. She has leash aggression issues but other than that is a great girl. She doesn't get to ride in the Ranger, only in the wife's Civic.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
20190330_102309.jpg

My GSD Bella. Got her a year ago as a rescue. She has leash aggression issues but other than that is a great girl. She doesn't get to ride in the Ranger, only in the wife's Civic.
Just curious - what is "leash aggression"? Does she get aggressive when you put a leash on her? Or is it some other behavior? I've not heard that term before.

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious - what is "leash aggression"? Does she get aggressive when you put a leash on her? Or is it some other behavior? I've not heard that term before.
Aggression towards other dogs especially while on the leash. While walking her she wants to attack other dogs. I think its more of a control thing with her though. If the other dog ignores her she calms down quicker. If the other dogs reacts to her its on, she's ready to fight! She will sit at our front window and watch the neighbors dogs walk around the yard with no problem until they start running around then she gets upset. She has actually broken my front window trying to get at another dog walking by. The windows are tempered glass now, ha. The strange thing is if I take her to the trainer/kennel she is fine, more scared then anything. Doesn't bother the other dogs and plays with them.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aggression towards other dogs especially while on the leash. While walking her she wants to attack other dogs. I think its more of a control thing with her though. If the other dog ignores her she calms down quicker. If the other dogs reacts to her its on, she's ready to fight! She will sit at our front window and watch the neighbors dogs walk around the yard with no problem until they start running around then she gets upset. She has actually broken my front window trying to get at another dog walking by. The windows are tempered glass now, ha. The strange thing is if I take her to the trainer/kennel she is fine, more scared then anything. Doesn't bother the other dogs and plays with them.
Interesting. Yeah, our rescue has some similar tendencies - he loves other dogs for the most part, but he can get aggressive when walking him on a leash. It is kind of weird.

Makes you wonder what happened in their life to be like that.

Deleted member 1634

I guess I thought this was just part of being a rescue dog. haha I didn't know there was a term for it. Our girl Sky has similar issues, but pretty much across the board. We got lucky that she likes our other dog Charlie, and always has from the first time they met. But otherwise she's not really a people or dog or cat or turtle or other animal dog. haha

115749605_10164036488850444_6615836690916843785_n.jpg